The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Huge game. Massive.

Colossal.

EDIT Oh god, Kevin McCarra on Football Weekly just said "I see no reason Arsenal can't win the title." Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Last edited:
Soldato
The top four players in the whole Premier League for passing accuracy in the final third - Diaby 87%, Rosicky 86%, Denilson 86%, Nasri 85%.

Abou :cool:
Tomas :cool:
Dens :cool:
Street Fighter :cool:
Arsenal :cool:

Man of Honour
Liverpool have rammed a £.5m wage bill up the FA's ass. Good.

Hopefully being English as well we could do the same should Wilshere not return to us available for Saturday.

Always knew that friendlies and qualifiers were dealt with differently (as in, you don't get compensation for important friendlies), hopefully this will mark a change. Cheers Gerrard.

Caporegime
Doesn't mean much when the players are scared of shooting. :p

We arent scared of shooting...we just like passing it around till we get ourselves into a mess where we no longer have a clear shot on goal:p...sometimes its just so damn infuriating to be an Arsenal fan but as long as we beat the Spuds ill be a happy man:D.

Caporegime
OP
Never thought I'd see the day...

Source: Sky Sports

Redknapp hints Spurs stopper will keep armband.

William Gallas appears set to remain as Tottenham captain after guiding his new side to their first win at Arsenal in 17 years.

Gallas was controversially given the armband by Harry Redknapp for Saturday's Premier League clash at Emirates Stadium, which saw Spurs complete one of the most astounding comebacks in north London derby history to win 3-2.

Redknapp was so impressed by man-of-the-match Gallas, who became one of the most divisive signings of recent years when he crossed the north London divide in the summer, that he is ready to retain him as skipper.

Luka Modric wore the armband last weekend, with regular skipper Ledley King and understudies Michael Dawson and Tom Huddlestone all sidelined with injury.

Captain

But Redknapp said: "William should be captain in all honesty.

"Luka is a quiet little guy. He just gets on with his own job.

"I made Tom captain, he's been in great form. But he is a quiet boy.

"William has captained teams before, so there is every chance we'll look at that."

Explaining his reasons for turning to former Gunners man Gallas for the derby, Redknapp added: "I made him captain because he was coming back to Arsenal and it was a good gesture.

"I thought he deserved that, the way he's played. He led by example; he responded well.

"When I gave him the armband, he just said, 'Good'. He doesn't say a lot; he's a quiet guy off the pitch."

Fight

Redknapp revealed how he had to "fight my corner" to bring Gallas to White Hart Lane, despite the France international being a free agent.

He said: "I went out on a limb with everybody - the fans, chairman and everybody else.

"No-one wanted me to sign him - only me and William."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom