The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don
Is it really that big a deal? Utd winning the league will only over shadow the FA Cup final in Utd fans eyes and I can't imagine they're going to be looking forward to the prospect of City possibly winning the FA cup.

Soldato
Soldato
We win the league and we'll then watch the most underwhelming FA Cup Final in recent years? I think not, we'd be too busy celebrating no 19 ;)
Are you the official spokesman for the fans?
Yeh well done :rolleyes:

Why wouldn't a large portion of utd fans who are not at the game or in surrounding areas not watch the FA Cup Final?
A chance to see local rivals possibly be beaten? in our first final in years?

You will have to beat Chelsea anyway to go into the Blackburn game with the chance to seal the title?

Permabanned
Yeh because i am sure every single utd 'fan' will be celebrating. Half wont know whats happened until they watch the news.

Neither will the influx of plastic City fans that have suddenly appeared.

You know, like the ones that live in Kent.

Soldato

I am yet to meet any, a fair few have come out of the woodwork now we are on the up but not met any fans who have just started supporting City.

Well when i was living in Kent i didn't meet any. Only Tottenham, utd, Chelsea, West Ham, Arsenal, QPR and Liverpool. There was also a few Charlton and Millwall although a majority of those live close to their respective areas eg Greenwich/Woolwich for Charlton and Bermondsey for Millwall i would imagine.

Man of Honour
I see Wilshere has been called up to the U21 Euros.

Good. He hasn't played a full season so needs to get as many games as possible under his belt. He won't need to play a full season next term which means he'll be injury and form ready for the real ones, the level he's at now, the full 2012 Euro Championships.

It's a pity that we don't have an example already of what happens to a player that doesn't get a summer off like Cesc Fabregas and his comparatively bad form this season.

Oh come on. Relatives of their dogs also count don't you know?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Wilshere being selected for the U21's is an absolute joke, but hey England comes before anything else remember. Even if nobody gives a flying **** about the U21 Euros.

Caporegime
Wilshere being selected for the U21's is an absolute joke, but hey England comes before anything else remember. Even if nobody gives a flying **** about the U21 Euros.

He said he wanted to play.

The under 21 championships should be given more attention, help players prepare for knockout competitions and help develope young players.

Soldato
How can a young player be tired? Playing in the euro's is going to be a good experience for him. What pierce said is true about getting young players used to playing in international tournaments, look at all the future champions that have emerged after winning the junior championships.

Soldato
I see Wilshere has been called up to the U21 Euros.

Good. He hasn't played a full season so needs to get as many games as possible under his belt. He won't need to play a full season next term which means he'll be injury and form ready for the real ones, the level he's at now, the full 2012 Euro Championships.

It's a pity that we don't have an example already of what happens to a player that doesn't get a summer off like Cesc Fabregas and his comparatively bad form this season.

Oh come on. Relatives of their dogs also count don't you know?

I think cesc's bad season is due to being rushed into play by wenger.

Caporegime

Lot's of the Barca team played all summer and many (Xavi) haven't had a "break" for a few seasons. They seem to do okay.

The tired excuse, is ********.

Don
I can perfectly understand why Wenger doesn't want Wilshere to play for the under-21's.

He's just had a full season with Arsenal now he's being asked to play for the under-21's through the summer, have another full season with Arsenal, then play in next summers senior European Championships and finally play another full season with Arsenal before he gets a break.

How anybody can think that 36 months of solid football is good for any player, let alone a young player that's still developing, is beyond me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom