The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Manchester City and Ivory Coast star Kolo Toure has told the BBC that he has "gained strength" from his six months out of football.'

So it was 'roids then? :p

Even though you're talking about Cristiano Ronaldo, my god I would have loved to see Ronaldo (brazilian one) without all his 'problems' and in his prime..what a player.

Even though you're talking about Cristiano Ronaldo, my god I would have loved to see Ronaldo (brazilian one) without all his 'problems' and in his prime..what a player.

The perfect blend of skill, power, pace, strength well everything.

Proved it everywhere he went, even at AC when he was almost retired he had a great record.

Cristiano Ronaldo and Messi are easily two of the best players of modern times.

They both beat Ronaldo and Ronaldinho IMO. Its tough to comment on Brazil Ronaldo but i'll stick my neck out on that one.

Messi's the best player of this generation/era by far and will be remembered along with Pele and Maradona. Ronaldinho at his best was more exciting to watch but no where near as effective or as consistent.

Had Ronaldo not had his injury problems he'd have been right up there with Messi though.

Messi's the best player of this generation/era by far and will be remembered along with Pele and Maradona. Ronaldinho at his best was more exciting to watch but no where near as effective or as consistent.

Had Ronaldo not had his injury problems he'd have been right up there with Messi though.

C.Ronaldo is right up there.

Yeah, its obviously anyones guess just how good he could have been...quite possibly one of the best ever (yes, I'll say it :p) if he didn't have all the problems. Was it Capello who said Ronaldo is the best player hes seen/worked with recently? Said something about in training he was just phenomenal.

Speaking of Brazil..going to their friendly tomorrow..bought tickets before seeing the squad (and the fact they're training down the road from me!) - Hulk, Neymar, Ronaldinho, Pato, Thiago Silva, Dani Alves, Robinho and Ganso all involved plus a load more of their rated youngsters. SHould be fun!

Last edited:
I'm not so sure C Ronaldo is as good as Ronaldo :) The man was a force of nature.

He is.

Look at his record. People look for reasons to dislike him but look at trophies won and goals scored - he is unbelievable. Had he not played for Man Utd people would be much happier about acknowledging his greatness.

He is.

Look at his record. People look for reasons to dislike him but look at trophies won and goals scored - he is unbelievable. Had he not played for Man Utd people would be much happier about acknowledging his greatness.

I think he is talking about big Ronaldo :p

Just looked at Ronaldo's career stats :eek:. 518 apps and 352 goals. 343/247 in the leagues! Insane.

C.Ronaldo is right up there.

An excellent player but not on their level.
Yeah, its obviously anyones guess just how good he could have been...quite possibly one of the best ever (yes, I'll say it :p) if he didn't have all the problems. Was it Capello who said Ronaldo is the best player hes seen/worked with recently? Said something about in training he was just phenomenal.

The scary thing is that even with all the problems and when he looked stupidly overweight at times, he's still the best centre forward I've seen in my life time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom