The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
An excellent player but not on their level.

The scary thing is that even with all the problems and when he looked stupidly overweight at times, he's still the best centre forward I've seen in my life time.

Yeah, he was absolutely incredible. Still one of my favourite players along with little Juninho!

Why?

He is almost a goal a game in Spain, was similar for two years in England despite never claiming to be a striker, and has won every domestic and European honour.

As good as Cristiano Ronaldo is, I'd have to say I'd happily choose Ronaldo in his prime over Cristiano in his prime (god this is confusing!). Imagine a team with the likes of Messi/Ronaldo/Ronaldo though. These rich Qatari's need to set up a mixed XI friendly :p

As good as Cristiano Ronaldo is, I'd have to say I'd happily choose Ronaldo in his prime over Cristiano in his prime (god this is confusing!). Imagine a team with the likes of Messi/Ronaldo/Ronaldo though. These rich Qatari's need to set up a mixed XI friendly :p

As a pure striker id have Ronaldo Ronaldo in his prime. However i think Messi and "C" Ronaldo will go down in history given time.

Think about the reasons you love Maradona and Pele. It comes down to a couple of world cups. You already have more examples of the genius of Ronaldo Ronaldo, C Ronaldo and Messi.

Having said that i still prefer Best!!!

It's a bit like G Best, You think how incredible Ronaldo was and then you think how amazing he could have been.

Ronaldo (fat one) is imho one of the best players I've ever seen, incredible player had everything the modern forward needed.

I think C Ronaldo is a great player, he's living in Messi's shadow at the moment.

Why?

He is almost a goal a game in Spain, was similar for two years in England despite never claiming to be a striker, and has won every domestic and European honour.

There are players with better strike rates and players that have won far more than him, they're not as good as Messi either.

It's hardly a criticism to say he's not as good as Messi, Maradona etc :/
....he's living in Messi's shadow at the moment.
And because of that, he won't even be remembered as well as lesser players that have played in eras without a Messi or a Maradona.

There are players with better strike rates and players that have won far more than him, they're not as good as Messi either.

It's hardly a criticism to say he's not as good as Messi, Maradona etc :/

Who has a better strike rate than him in Spain other than Messi?

If you look at what C.Ronaldo did for us and for Real in the last 4 years theres not many players who can live with him in terms of goals, assists, set pieces, trophies, individual awards etc etc.

I was talking generally, over the years. There's many a player that have had as good if not better strike rates than Ronaldo and have won far more trophies too.

I'm sorry you didn't appear to give a time frame and without putting much effort in to thinking he's the player that first came to mind.

I didnt give a time frame and i appreciate the knowledge of someone who would quote Puskas in the first place, if that doesnt sound patronising.

I just think that we are watching a player in C.Ronaldo who is easy to hate but is actuallu up there with the best that we have ever seen. Im actually hard to impress but i think he is something special and along with Messi we are spoilt.

Thats how far back you have to go.

Given the players we were talking about im sure the C.Ronaldo - Puskas comparison wont offend anyone.

Cristiano Ronaldo's current career strike rate is a little better than 1 in 2. There are countless players that have played at the highest level with better strike rates than that :confused:

Cristiano Ronaldo's current career strike rate is a little better than 1 in 2. There are countless players that have played at the highest level with better strike rates than that :confused:

And if thats what you want to use you can throw in a ":confused:" or two.

Howeveer if you were to say Man Utd developed him as a player then lets look at his last four seasons.

Even if you hate Man Utd and ignore the leagues, cups and CL he won with us lets just focus on his RM career

Whats his ratio like with them?

Sorry, you want to pick out just 2 (or 4?) seasons of his career to date and compare that with other players records that include their development and their decline? Lets pick out half a season Michael Ricketts had with Bolton and say he's right up there too then :p

He's an excellent player with an excellent goalscoring record but there have been many others that have equalled or bettered his record. That doesn't mean they're better than Cristiano Ronaldo, just like he (imo) can't be compared with Messi or Maradona because of his strike rate.

And give this Utd hate thing a rest too. I couldn't stand him but I've always said Schmeichel's the best keeper I've ever seen.

Sorry, you want to pick out just 2 (or 4?) seasons of his career to date and compare that with other players records that include their development and their decline? Lets pick out half a season Michael Ricketts had with Bolton and say he's right up there too then :p

He's an excellent player with an excellent goalscoring record but there have been many others that have equalled or bettered his record. That doesn't mean they're better than Cristiano Ronaldo, just like he (imo) can't be compared with Messi or Maradona because of his strike rate.

And give this Utd hate thing a rest too. I couldn't stand him but I've always said Schmeichel's the best keeper I've ever seen.

You keep quoting these guys who have a better record in Spain. Who?

What players have "equalled or bettered his record"?

I accept that its being a bit cheeky to ignore his entire career when judging him. I dont think that puts him in a Ricketts category.

The Ricketts thing was an extreme example to prove a point that you can't compare a tiny period of 1 players career to a another players entire career.

And I didn't specify his or other players records in Spain only, although if I could be bothered to search I'm sure there are plenty, especailly if we're only picking out the best 2 seasons in their career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom