The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made it very clear that I didn't think his comments were unreasonable. If he was only trying to make that point and nothing more though, then he'd have said so after the WBA game or sometime the following week.

I know. I actually agree with you.

BUT

If you accept his point was correct then why does it matter when he says it?

I know. I actually agree with you.

BUT

If you accept his point was correct then why does it matter when he says it?

I didn't say it mattered or that I had a problem with what he is doing. That doesn't mean he's not trying to influence the officials though.

He's trying to gain whatever advantage he can. He's done similar things for years, as have other managers.

I didn't say it mattered or that I had a problem with what he is doing. That doesn't mean he's not trying to influence the officials though.

He's trying to gain whatever advantage he can. He's done similar things for years, as have other managers.

I suspect we are just arguing the same point now! Sorry if im a bit slow.

Lol Wenger saying that the squad now is stronger than it was 12mths ago:confused:

Ermm 12mths ago we had Fab and Nasri...we dont have them now...i swear Wenger is losing his marbles if he truly believes that...ill believe it if we manage to win a trophy this yr lol lol

Lol Wenger saying that the squad now is stronger than it was 12mths ago:confused:

Ermm 12mths ago we had Fab and Nasri...we dont have them now...i swear Wenger is losing his marbles if he truly believes that...ill believe it if we manage to win a trophy this yr lol lol

When did he say that? I haven't been reading much Arsenal news since the transfer window closed, I've just been sticking to the official site which isn't exactly a goldmine of information even at the best of times. :p

I was planning on watching the match on Arsenal.com but it seems like they're only doing a live radio broadcast, with the full match being added to the website later on, in which case I'd rather just watch Hansen & Co.

When did he say that? I haven't been reading much Arsenal news since the transfer window closed, I've just been sticking to the official site which isn't exactly a goldmine of information even at the best of times. :p

I was planning on watching the match on Arsenal.com but it seems like they're only doing a live radio broadcast, with the full match being added to the website later on, in which case I'd rather just watch Hansen & Co.

It was on SSN last night altho it was pretty late...wasnt paying a lot of attention tbh but thats what i caught.

Yeah, the general qoutes on news sites is, the team is stronger than it was last year, this summer has been hell, I can't believe we managed to get so many players signed at the last minute, I could write a book on this summer, we really didn't know what was going on with Cesc/Nasri, they were professional but maybe not all there, other players maybe resented them more, and the cracker, its been such a bad summer if I go to hell it won't be so bad as I'm used to suffering. stfu

As I see it, the second it was clear Nasri wanted off, sell him, get it done early, Barca, why start negotiating so late, either way you knew Cesc was going, buy the replacement on the first day of the window, could we have gotten Arteta for 10mil on the first day of the window, yes, would that have screwed Moyes a lot less AND helped Arsenal more, yes. Nasri has been refusing to sign a contract for, 4 months, and yet we spent up till the end of preseason offering him contracts and publically making stupid statements. We only had to get so many guys on the last day of the window, because Wenger/board wouldn't accept what was happening and burried their heads in the sand.

He brought everything on himself, refused to do business, let it drag on, hurt the team morale, cost them their preperation for the season, all because he insisted certain players weren't going to leave, being a stubborn deluded idiot as per usual.

He's completely lost it, I really don't know why anyone still needs convincing he's not the right man for the job anymore.

Suarez was offside (through the middle) when the ball was played out wide by lucas to Meireles (who wasn't offside) he then hit it square to Suarez (who's behind the ball now, so not offside) and goal ..

How is that offside?

-edit-
Even under the old offside rule Suarez wouldn't have been offside as he made no attempt to win the ball (since its going wide) and the ball wasn't tried to be passed to him (again, because it went out wide)

no but he was offside when the ball was played wide then the ball was played back to him and he scored, unless the rule has changed that still counts as offside :confused:

The rule did change..... about 10 years ago. The pass to Suarez is a different phase of play; Suarez wasn't offside for the 2nd goal no matter how you look at it.

Whether the first goal was offside is more interesting/debatable. As far as I knew at the time, Suarez was offside (albeit very marginally). However Graham Poll subsequently claimed that officials were instructed that a player is only active/interfering with play if they touch the ball, which Suarez didn't and he therefore said the correct decision was made.

Well that's just plain stupid, or Poll is plain stupid.

Saying a player is only active if they touch the ball is ridiculous, what if they're blocking off the keepers view or they dummy the ball or something like that?

Oh and several of those decisions in the video weren't bad at all, can't quite how you could give a penalty for the Upson one, would have been sooo soft.

In fact the only thing I came away from that video with is that Suarez is just a bit of a **** he went down like he'd been electrocuted for the first one :p

I assume Poll was talking about that particular incident (or incidents similar to that) and that if a player is blocking the keepers view etc, they'd still be considered to be interfering with play. If not and if what Poll has said is accurate then it's a ridiculous rule.

Agree the Upson one would have been soft but as was the penalty given against us imo; Carra's put his arm across Walters which has given the ref a decision to make but he doesn't exactly pull him back (Walters fell forwards afterall (maybe he was electrocuted ;))). There was far more pushing and pulling in both boxes from set-plays all game. And out of interest which of the others weren't bad decisions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom