The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If its true that Cook sent this email then he's confirmed himself as a grade A pillock. Just the kind of person a Utd fan like me wants to see at City. :p Whilst its obviously offensive to Mrs Onuoha, I do wonder why this has all come out so long after it actually happened. ;)
The rumours of Peter Kenyon i hope are not true!
On the contrary, I hope the rumours of Peter Kenyon ARE true! :D

Its completely ridiculous.

Why should he get special treatment because he is new to the league.

Did Dzeko? no he just got called a baby elephant and the biggest flop since Shevchenko.
Different positions but when he first started Dzeko was being pushed and pulled all over the pitch and the ref did nothing.

Did Dzeko? no he just got called a baby elephant and the biggest flop since Shevchenko.
Different positions but when he first started Dzeko was being pushed and pulled all over the pitch and the ref did nothing.

Did he say that De Gea deserves special treatment because he's new? He's implying that West Brom were fouling De Gea and the ref wasn't doing his job. He's said that because he knows Bolton will be very physical from set-plays this weekend and he wants to put pressure of the ref to give Utd any marginal decisions.

But he's not asking for him to get special treatment because he's new to the league?
We expect him to get better protection than that.

Why should he be expected to get better protection?

Didn't he say the same thing about Ronaldo also?

Why should utd players get better protection from refs?

Because he felt he was being fouled? He probably doesn't talk about man city players getting better protection because e doesn't manage man city. You've just read it wrong.

Probably because West Brom were beating the crap out of him and the ref was doing nothing, one challenge in particular was terrible and the ref didn't even call a foul :confused:

Other times players breathe near a keeper and it's a freekick.

We expect him to get better protection than that.

Why should he be expected to get better protection?

Didn't he say the same thing about Ronaldo also?

Why should utd players get better protection from refs?

He is not asking for better protection than any other player.

He is asking for better protection than the incidents in which he received no protection.

Its not asking for special treatment at all.

De Gea has had a few dodgy moments - no doubt, but in the WBA game there were a couple of clear fouls that went unpunished, thats all.

I thought managers were banned from talking about the officials now?
Isn't asking for more protection, kinda, speaking about the officials? or trying to influence them anyway.
Unless he's speaking about Barry the security man.

You're not allowed to comment on individual officials before the game. Taggart was talking about the protection he got in a previous game.

Saying that, we all know that he's saying what he is because he hopes to put a doubt in the refs mind this weekend.

Oh Biz. I hope they're doing reading and comprehension at school this term. :p

Oh Biz. I hope they're doing reading and comprehension at school this term. :p
School?
lol

What have i said that is wrong?

Ok, he doesn't say that he deserves special treatment exactly but that is what he is hinting at because apparently "he didn't get protection from the referee."

So he is saying that the ref should stop players from barging him over etc?

Please point out what i have said that is wrong?

So he is saying that the ref should stop players from barging him over etc?

He is saying that when he is fouled the ref should give a foul, which did not happen in the game that is being spoken about. It doesnt negate the mistake(s) he made but its hardly a radical concept that the manager should expect fouls to be given?

More radical would be the concept of Baconface not trying to influence the ref's every weekend

He isnt.

Any ref worthy of being a ref shouldnt be influenced.

He is simply pointing out that in one game De Gea didnt get any of the blatant fouls that were made against him and that hopefully he will in future.

Perfectly innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom