The Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they wanted to avoid surgery if at all possible and put an estimate on him recovering naturally at 2-3 months. Then they realised somewhere along the line that surgery would be necessary and that his rehab and recovery from such surgery is going to take 4-5 months.

Either way it's Arsenal, are you surprised? :p

Indeed it's a massive blow to any aspirations we might have had. We need to concentrate on a top four spot before anything else though and if we can start to string some results together in the league maybe we can build some consistency. Though that's wishful thinking considering we can't even manage to be consistent over the course of 90 minutes, let alone in consecutive league matches. :p

Problem will be compounded by Song and possibly Frimpong going to ACoN, leaves Arsenal a bit short on midfielders who can tackle in January as I'm not sure if Coquelin is ready for the big time. A midfield trio (assuming no injuries) of Arteta, Ramsey and Rosicky/Diaby looks to lack bite, which makes us look even more silly for missing the boat on Parker and Reo-Coker. What I want to see is come 2nd of January a new world class DMC signing for Arsenal, no faffing about until Jan 31st get everything lined up ahead of time and get somebody in who can start making a difference from day 1.

Also regarding the post above talks about a blow to aspirations but then says we need to concentrate on top 4 - that worries me as it implies some fans had aspirations above 4th place to begin with! I'd say a realistic aspiration would be the battle for a Europa league spot, meaning either a domestic cup final/victory or pipping Spurs to 5th place.

In fairness that was the easiest thing to be right about ever, Arsenal do it with nearly every injury.

Yeah, I wasn't being serious and making a prediction, just a sarcastic comment on what always happens.

Arsenal are a joke, he got this "injury" in May, god damned may, even Capello has said he was mistreated.

He's got a weakened ankle/stress fracture so rather than fix it they ignored it, ignored it again and ignored it again, then needs surgery and 5 months out.

The story today though was in comparison to a few days ago when it was reported he needed surgery it was also thought he would only be out till xmas, now its Feb, at least, so 3 month recovery time up to 5 months....... and frankly, if its only 5 months I'll be amazed.

I'm starting to wonder if it isn't the training pitch, too hard/soft ground or something, we seem to get a ridiculous number of stupid things like weakened bones, ankle, achilles, knee injuries, Cesc picked up a stress fracture to his leg, was it already weakened as it wasn't the worst ever tackle that broke it.

ANyway thought this video was quite funny, anyone know exactly what they were asking this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhFXb6OJh_w#

EDIT:- flick to around 1.30, then every 20-30seconds from then on to understand what the video is showing.

Problem will be compounded by Song and possibly Frimpong going to ACoN, leaves Arsenal a bit short on midfielders who can tackle in January as I'm not sure if Coquelin is ready for the big time. A midfield trio (assuming no injuries) of Arteta, Ramsey and Rosicky/Diaby looks to lack bite, which makes us look even more silly for missing the boat on Parker and Reo-Coker. What I want to see is come 2nd of January a new world class DMC signing for Arsenal, no faffing about until Jan 31st get everything lined up ahead of time and get somebody in who can start making a difference from day 1.

Also regarding the post above talks about a blow to aspirations but then says we need to concentrate on top 4 - that worries me as it implies some fans had aspirations above 4th place to begin with! I'd say a realistic aspiration would be the battle for a Europa league spot, meaning either a domestic cup final/victory or pipping Spurs to 5th place.

Yup, we have a crap squad now, it will be worse come the ACN.

Reo-coker is worthless, completely worthless, Parker has been great for Spurs and they had half decent players already, even then Parker is an improvement, for us, over Song/pong, Parker would have been a monumental, and stupidly cheap option, and having another England international wouldn't have hurt either. Someone who might have the balls to tell Theo to shutup and actually play football.

I agree on 4th though, no idea why anyone thinks this squad is capable, frankly I think it will take significant improvements in Jan just to be even close to a Europa spot, more so with Wilshire out longer.

Put it this way, of whichever 3 teams get relegated this year, the ONLY games you'd probably give them a good chance of winning would be the other relegation sides at home.

So far Arsenal have beaten Swansea and Bolton at home, Swansea was a gift, and Bolton are utter utter rubbish right now. Of all two games we'd have expected to win all season, we've won 2 out of 2, and made a meal of one of those.

I'm not saying we're in a relegation fight, but I'll wait till we beat a top half team, or anyone away from home before I even remotely consider Arsenal's ability to get within a few places of Europa league spots.

lol, the Wilshire injury is now up to 6 months and an April return according to news this morning, seriously? By tomorrow it will be 7 months.

What I don't get is, potential or full on stress fracture, definate bone weakness, why is he walking around on it but in a protective boot, all that does is protect it somewhat from a knock, doesn't stop weight being put on the ankle, and thats what has made it unsurprisingly worse.

The way Arsenal are playing right now I don't think I can even be bothered to waste my evening watching us play Olympiakos on Wednesday. :/

LOL yep i feel the same, im getting so god damned annoyed with Wenger and his refusal to sort out Arsenals problems which are injuries and my ****ing god every single damn year we have a boatload of injuries...lets see Vermaelen out for a few mths i think, Wilshere out for at least 6 mths...Gervinho, Kos and Walcott are not playing tomo due to injuries??...I wont even bat an eyelid if RVP gets injured tomo lol...thats how utterly retarded our injuries have become and its plain to see that its the mis-management of our players and injuries that is affecting our performance on the field.

Went to gym today, Rodallega got in the pool while I was in and started walking about and doing some exercises then got in the Jacuzzi with me.

Nice bloke

Not football related but I've bumped in to a couple of Rugby players (Austin Healey? and Martin Johnson) who were top blokes, absolute machines though.

I've bumped in to a fair few footballers too, all of varying friendliness and fitness :D

Wasn't quite sure what thread to put it in, the crazy Ruski team spending 330k a week (I think after tax) on Eto'o fired their manager after winning 1 in their last 6 games, they've put Roberto Carlos in temp charge and apparently I missed it but they offered Mourinho............

1.83million.......... A MONTH, to come and manage them, crack pots :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom