The Batman (Matt Reeves)

Associate
Whats a teaser, looks awesome. So nice to hear they are going for a noir detective sorta vibe.

Details from the panel stolen from Reddit

• Batman will be investigating a series of murders that tie in and explore the wide spread and deep rooted corruption that runs throughout Gotham City
• The Batman takes place during Batman’s second year, while his upcoming HBO series about the Gotham PD will be set during his first year.
• This film will be starting points for Riddler, Catwoman, and “Ozzie, who doesn’t like to be called the Penguin”
• All the actors had input on the design of their costumes, but it is insinuated they are all meant Amor appear in beta phases (all their clothing/equipment is function driven.
• The Gotham PD series will continue to explore the themes of wide scale corruption in Gotham, and will be focused on a cop “battling for his soul”.
• Only 25%- 30% of the film has been filmed
• Paul Dano is playing “a version of the Riddler” that is unlike what fans are used to.
• Primary influences were Chinatown, Taxi Driver, and films from the 70s that explored corruption.

Soldato
OP
Whats a teaser, looks awesome. So nice to hear they are going for a noir detective sorta vibe.

Details from the panel stolen from Reddit

• Batman will be investigating a series of murders that tie in and explore the wide spread and deep rooted corruption that runs throughout Gotham City
• The Batman takes place during Batman’s second year, while his upcoming HBO series about the Gotham PD will be set during his first year.
• This film will be starting points for Riddler, Catwoman, and “Ozzie, who doesn’t like to be called the Penguin”
• All the actors had input on the design of their costumes, but it is insinuated they are all meant Amor appear in beta phases (all their clothing/equipment is function driven.
• The Gotham PD series will continue to explore the themes of wide scale corruption in Gotham, and will be focused on a cop “battling for his soul”.
• Only 25%- 30% of the film has been filmed
• Paul Dano is playing “a version of the Riddler” that is unlike what fans are used to.
• Primary influences were Chinatown, Taxi Driver, and films from the 70s that explored corruption.

Good info, thanks!

Colin Farrell was unrecognisable in the trailer (as Ozzie)!

Soldato
Am I imagining things, or is ‘Trevor’ of Eastenders Little Mo wifebeater fame, in the trailer just after showing the first letter to batman?
Last thing I saw him in was Chernobyl getting very fat and naked. :eek:

Hoping this will be good, I like Robert Pattinson. He’s underrated.

Soldato
There's a lot right with that trailer, it has to be said. im not 100% sold on emo Bruce but everything else looks great.

Am I imagining things, or is ‘Trevor’ of Eastenders Little Mo wifebeater fame, in the trailer just after showing the first letter to batman?
Last thing I saw him in was Chernobyl getting very fat and naked. :eek:

Hoping this will be good, I like Robert Pattinson. He’s underrated.

Yes, he was cast as another commissioner, apparently.

Soldato
OP
Where are people getting emo Bruce from? He's wearing the eye make-up that every Batman since Keaton has worn, except the makers of this film aren't pretending that he doesn't. That is, it doesn't magically disappeared when he takes off the cowl.

Back
Top Bottom