The Battlefield 4 Thread 2015

Soldato
Trying to reinstall BF4 but it will only let me install onto my c drive (which I don't think has enough space left) other games in origin are installed to my d drive but cant see anywhere to change it for bf4?

Ignore, managed to change it in the settings within origin, somehow it had reverted to c:

I also install games on another drive, install steam first all you have to do is change the drive letter at the beginning of steam set up.

This makes it far easier to set up origin games to another drive

Soldato
How the bloody hell do you fly helicopters on this game!??!?! I've been told that it's easier to fly with the XBox 360 controller which i've tried using but even then i'm all over the place!

Man of Honour
Its pretty easy to fly them on keyboard and mouse - though make sure you have pitch up and down on keys as you'll find you need the speed over mouse for that at times. Until you've got the hang of it the gyro-stabiliser is useful.

W for height S for brake or land, A-D for sideways, blind spacebar to pitch down, change main setting so not inverted, use mouse to fly, to go foward in heli push mouse foward, best loadout is zuni's and tow, best heli is viper, 2nd is z10, havoc is just **** and a fat thing which is slow.

Your best of going on the test range just to get used to movement and how to land and turn.

I fly them all the time, if you want more help just ask, have a look on youtube for some started points.

Best map for helis is seige and dawnbreaker if you can stay away from the AA.

Soldato
Its pretty easy to fly them on keyboard and mouse - though make sure you have pitch up and down on keys as you'll find you need the speed over mouse for that at times. Until you've got the hang of it the gyro-stabiliser is useful.

W for height S for brake or land, A-D for sideways, blind spacebar to pitch down, change main setting so not inverted, use mouse to fly, to go foward in heli push mouse foward, best loadout is zuni's and tow, best heli is viper, 2nd is z10, havoc is just **** and a fat thing which is slow.

Your best of going on the test range just to get used to movement and how to land and turn.

I fly them all the time, if you want more help just ask, have a look on youtube for some started points.

Best map for helis is seige and dawnbreaker if you can stay away from the AA.

Cheers guys, will have a practice tomorrow after work I think, probably stream it too haha. All the streams i've seen so far on Twitch the pilots use controllers though, supposedly it's easier to aim with the mouse but a hell of a lot easier to fly with a controller.

Soldato
Cheers guys, will have a practice tomorrow after work I think, probably stream it too haha. All the streams i've seen so far on Twitch the pilots use controllers though, supposedly it's easier to aim with the mouse but a hell of a lot easier to fly with a controller.

After getting the basics of flying and then trying to use your weapons effectively, have a look for Bavarian buddy's twitch stream, he's a pro pilot you can learn the tactical side from..

What heli are you trying to fly the scout or attack heli, most people who i fly with use K/B and mouse as you have more control, it mite be good for you to go on a fast spawn server with no players just to get used to how to move it without crashing, as on some maps the heli's are the most powerful vehicle's in the game.

Another tip look on youtube for some 1v1 2v2 fights.

Man of Honour
I assume you are aware that helicopters move forward/back based on pitch? (and once you get more familiar with the controls you can mis-use all kinds of physics in BF4 with roll and yaw but that is another story).

I'd avoid the attack helis until you are upto speed as on most maps to truly be successful you need to make good use of cover, peaking, knowing where stuff is almost instinctively, etc. as they are so slow you can't really out manoeuvre damage much (not that I'm particularly good at it).

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I hate this game lol so much stuff is so whacky - was playing last night with the SG553 which I've usually passed over as on paper it has poor muzzle velocity, high first shot recoil, weird recoil pattern and poor spread recovery - but out of all the carbines I'm finding it the most stable, more tolerant of shooting on the move (despite some others having better base values), able to hold it easily on the target for 5-6 round bursts and makes going for headshots way easier than the other carbines which isn't at all reflected in its on paper stats :s

Man of Honour
Still lots of servers and mostly busy but since BF1 release they seem to be increasingly running laggier like they are overloading the dedicated boxes.

Still lots of servers and mostly busy but since BF1 release they seem to be increasingly running laggier like they are overloading the dedicated boxes.

Most servers are good and it depends on if the admins are seeding it or if they brought their our dedicated boxes from where they got their server from and i know they cost around €70 a month.

Man of Honour
Most servers are good and it depends on if the admins are seeding it or if they brought their our dedicated boxes from where they got their server from and i know they cost around €70 a month.

Not quite sure what you are saying - but BF4 hosting is largely shared hosting with multiple instances on the same hardware - there is no option for 3rd parties to do their own hosting :( (otherwise I'd run my own server as I can get good rates on some decent spec boxes).

Though I'm not the best judge of server quality as even on a good day the game runs like I'm on dialup despite 20ms ping and no packetloss, etc. but from the increased complaints of other players can see it is getting worse not just me feeling it.

Soldato
How the bloody hell do you fly helicopters on this game!??!?! I've been told that it's easier to fly with the XBox 360 controller which i've tried using but even then i'm all over the place!

I love flying around in a heli lol...im not that good though, more of an AA man myself...but it took me about 2 weeks overall to be able to get in it and fly it , and get a kill or two :), I just use the mousee and keybaord .

Back
Top Bottom