The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind playing Vs each other but prefer to play alongsider each other.

No point getting a server tbh, could we speak to the MLG guys about borrowing thier server think that is a 32 slot and only really used on a Wednesday isn't it?

Ask PGI to sort out map rotation and game modes etc?

We all enjoy playing alongside each other, it's much more fun admittedly. Just we don't need to find a new server if it's not the case as it can still be fun.

Really good shout about MLG, I will ask. Maybe in return we could chip in a few quid to the running of it. I'm more than happy to do so.

It was a bit daft yesterday, and its extremely irritating for those of us with povo spec PCs (no SSDs) as I spent about 7 mins loading the game, to then have to leave immediately, queue and wait another 7 minutes - all because one person was on the opposite team.

Two days ago I spent three whole 1k ticket maps on the opposite team and when there are several of us online we often get split into squads on opposing teams anyway, so I personally dont see the issue - have some consideration and think of others :p.

The only issue I can see with our own server, or 'renting' the MLG one is populating it. If they only use it properly on Wednesdays, its not exactly going to be a regular or popular server for a large player base.

I think going forward lets find a server with enough spaces and stick to it rather than jump around. Inevitably some rounds will be a bit gash, but such is Battlefield unfortunately. A bit more consideration for those who have slower (or povo) PC's and people who don't have much time to play in the evening.

Surely we've found some servers by now that we enjoy playing on?

As I said, more than happy to play against fellow members, just be sure to give me a heads up as to what vehicle you are in and which flag you are on/nearby!

Last night we were all split up, more than just one person.

TBH the problem isn't finding servers with 8+ slots, the problem is, a lot of us are banned from a variety of servers, be it due to: supposedly cheating, swearing/being aggressive in chat, giving abuse to admins or kick for high k/d. So naturally when I or someone else joins a server and the rest follow, guaranteed someone will say "banned from there" :p

We should avoid the EA server though, just base rape all the time and it shuffles the teams next round.

On a separate note, people still don't have SSD's!? 120GB ones are super cheap now!!! :p

edit:

Also, try to avoid servers with more than 1000 tickets please :p

Last edited:
Some interesting games last night i popped on to a couple of servers some of you where on, did alright but some major imbalances in the teams I think at one point it was 29 vs 20 which was pointless.

but yes quite a bit of server hopping going on, i'll pop on to TS as well but my mic is shafted on my MB so until i can source a new z77 mb i will only be able to listen.

Having your own server is a pain in the rear. You tend to spend a great deal of time dealing with idiots and not been able to play.

And Cookeh I feel your pain. An SSD was the only update I stretched to for BF4 as the load times were appalling. I may have to play it in 720 to get anywhere near acceptable frame rate, it may well look like a pixellated mess, but at least I get a vehicle at the beginning of a round :D

How do the MLG guys typically get on with their Wednesday nights? I'm assuming that if we took tags off and populated it using captains (initially) then it would soon fill up to the point where we could start moving others over.

Having your own server is a pain in the rear. You tend to spend a great deal of time dealing with idiots and not been able to play.

THIS. In BF3 at the start of being an admin I was genuinely one of the best admins around, I never got to play but I sure was a good admin. However after 6 months of "playing" I thought hell I'd actually like to play this game rather than just sorting stuff out so stopped worrying about everything and just kicked / banned the idiots and dealt with any repercussions later.

Nexus, sounds like some grovelling has to be done if people are banned for bad 'tude! :p

I can't imagine Stulid doing that! :p

I am banned from about 5 servers and get kicked from 1-2 for k/d. I think stulid is banned from about 7 servers for admin abuse and language lol....

Unfortunately banned from anarchy, can't remember why, shame as it was a good server :(

I think Josh, Tony, Chippy are banned from the same servers as me.

allnamestaken is banned from quite a few for language too iirc....

ghnlj02.jpg

Some servers impose a rule banning players better than the average, though it always seems to be a strange coincidence that the admins are just fractionally below that limit... :/

haha yup, terrible admins on that server! :D

Turns out I am no longer banned from there though :eek: Just quickly joined the server to see what the reason was but nope, all ok, might have to pay them a visit at some point :D

Even if Josh etc. weren't banned, we can't really play there though because not everyone has premium/DLC packs.

Sorry what does that have to do with Battlefield 4? Please suspend wndsr for being off topic.

Just played a chain link game on Lumphini Garden, quite a good map. We don't play enough game modes, that's why it's boring, it's constantly Conquest Large.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom