The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
bfbc2 had balance thats why.

no vehicle whoring and more towards infantry.

remember many dont use vehicles in bf than do so its bound to be more liked.

windsr unless you a top pro you wont earn fa anyway. even most pros earn next to nothing. they may win events and stuff but overall you get next to nothing unless you get a big sponsor.

doesn't mean they bad though.most would rape you harder than cliff richard.

funny thing is the one person you quote is the best bf player in ocuk :D also the only decent comp player about. :p

Last edited:
Very good games with wndsr, Cuhullin, Tess, Stronk and everyone else I missed, proper team work made for some very enjoyable games.

Just unlocked the Bulldog, it is so awesome, small clip but can kill 3-4 people with the one clip.

Last edited:
Really fun games tonight with lots of people. The round on Zavod where we worked amazingly as a squad was great fun indeed! :)

Good to have a few rounds with Beasty tonight too, always good playing with new faces. :D

windsr unless you a top pro you wont earn fa anyway. even most pros earn next to nothing. they may win events and stuff but overall you get next to nothing unless you get a big sponsor.

funny thing is the one person you quote is the best bf player in ocuk :D also the only decent comp player about. :p

This has been totally blown out of proportion because of Westie's inability to read posts. I don't believe that people can call themselves 'professional' if they - as you said yourself - earn next to nothing. For me, a professional gamer would be somebody who plays the game for money and lives of that money.

I appreciate some people play competitively, which is absolutely fine. I have no issues with that because everybody plays differently.

bfbc2 had balance thats why.

no vehicle whoring and more towards infantry.

remember many dont use vehicles in bf than do so its bound to be more liked.

It wasn't just the balance though;

- map design is superior in terms of variety and just general design especially when it came to rush game mode
- simpler overall, no stupid camos, a billion unlocks, weapons etc. to choose from
- hit reg.
- destruction is still superior to bf 4 and 3 in every way
- the sound system had a WOW factor to it, at the time is was soooo damn good and made the game so much more immersive
- the class system i.e. recon with ghille suit, medic with LMGs, ammo/support with assault rifles
- quicker and easier to use UI

I still think the vehicles were pretty OP in that game though, on some maps you could quite easily go 50+ with only a couple of deaths in the apache and tank/LAV and depending on the mini gunner and pilot, could quite easily go 80+ with only a few deaths (remember flying a friend on valporiso and he went 123-1! :D) and this was on hardcore, rush and only 28 player so I would imagine on normal mode, conquest and 32 player, you could do better. TBH, if I were to go back to bc 2 now, I reckon I could quite easily achieve much better k/d's when using vehicles as I was sooooo aggressive, just went racing in, wasn't defensive in the slightest, didn't know about vehicle damage system, which perk to use and never bothered with reps etc.

What community offered you a game or whatever? If it's GC aka Ghost company you'd get stomped as they are an organised bunch and yep mostly ex and current comp players. I joined an 8v8 team tAF tonight to play a few games in 2nd Div as I don't wanna play vs old team mates in Div 1 amd I'll only be available for some matches due to work.

Getting "error something went wrong" when connecting to a server...the bf4 icon appears in taskbar and I get to the loading level stage in battlelog. But then I get that message.

I thought I'd fixed it when I uninstalled msi afterburner but its happening again.

Any help? Cheers.

- the sound system had a WOW factor to it, at the time is was soooo damn good and made the game so much more immersive

I think the sound system is better in BF4 to be honest. It's a key area that they worked on and delivered in my opinion. Agree with the rest although not sure about destruction - being able to totally level a place just meant that you were fighting on a barren wasteland on high ticket servers!

It wasn't just the balance though;

- map design is superior in terms of variety and just general design especially when it came to rush game mode
- simpler overall, no stupid camos, a billion unlocks, weapons etc. to choose from
- hit reg.
- destruction is still superior to bf 4 and 3 in every way
- the class system i.e. recon with ghille suit, medic with LMGs, ammo/support with assault rifles
- quicker and easier to use UI

I still think the vehicles were pretty OP in that game though, on some maps you could quite easily go 50+ with only a couple of deaths in the apache and tank/LAV and depending on the mini gunner and pilot, could quite easily go 80+ with only a few deaths (remember flying a friend on valporiso and he went 123-1! :D) and this was on hardcore, rush and only 28 player so I would imagine on normal mode, conquest and 32 player, you could do better. TBH, if I were to go back to bc 2 now, I reckon I could quite easily achieve much better k/d's when using vehicles as I was sooooo aggressive, just went racing in, wasn't defensive in the slightest, didn't know about vehicle damage system, which perk to use and never bothered with reps etc.

I agree with some of your points.

The problem with BF4s map design appears to be that they need to design a bunch of maps, then make them fit every available game mode in the game. I think they should do a Unreal Tournament style and have specific maps for specific game modes. If you want to make your server "unofficial" and have custom rules and 64 player rush etc.. you can play those maps on game modes they weren't intended for, but fundamentally they should design a map with a game mode in mind and stick with it.

Damavand peak was by far one of the best rush maps ever. Along with Tehran highway. However both sucked for conquest but people still played them anyway.

The unlock system in battlefield is crazy whereby you have about 30 attachments you need to unlock for every gun each and every time you play. I would much prefer 300 kills with carbines to unlock the acog scope, thus unlocking the ACOG for all carbines in one go. And if people who have played the game 300 hours + prefer this, you can bet the casuals with <50 hours play time would appreciate it too.

Destruction was definitely better in BC2. Levolution was hyped in BF4, but fundamentally they only got as far as doing it properly in 4 maps. Siege of Shanghai, Flood Zone, Paracel Storm and Hainan Resort.

All of the maps in the DLCs since haven't had it or have token efforts and the rest of the vanilla maps had **** poor excuses for levolution like a chimney that falls down in Zavod and a tower that comes down in Lockers. If they could just focus on getting deconstruction like it was in BC2, the community would be much happier.

Looking back at the UI from BC2, I think it looks horrible. Much prefer the looks of BF4 with the new scaling improvements coming from CTE.

And I'm not so sure I want the class system of BC2 back - I'd much rather split the assault class into 2 - making a medic class and an assault class. Assault has all the M320 options and M26 options, while the medic has defibs and health packs - but loses the assault rifles and needs to use the all class weapons.

I'd also make carbines engineer and recon only allowing you to turn your recon class into a BF2 spec ops style class with carbines and C4.

I will probably be about tonight, might jump on MLG for a couple of rounds to help get it going.

Not my fave game modes so when it gets going I'll bounce out.

Think I will be taking a break again, this game just isn't holding my attention any more :(

I think the sound system is better in BF4 to be honest. It's a key area that they worked on and delivered in my opinion. Agree with the rest although not sure about destruction - being able to totally level a place just meant that you were fighting on a barren wasteland on high ticket servers!

BF 4 does sound great but there are quite a few areas that aren't great imo.

I suppose it is better to say the difference between the two isn't that "much" to decide a true winner, some things bc 2 does better and some things bf 4 does better imo.

I just remember first game in the beta on port valdez and I couldn't believe how amazing it sounded, the first game that I have ever played to have a true war sound feel, remember sitting beside a team mate behind cover and a recon tried to snipe him and then the character just shouts "we have got an enemy sniper in the area" or something like that, that put a big grin on my face :D

Solution for that, don't play on high ticket servers :p There have been a few youtube videos responding to DICE's claim about why they don't know people liked bc 2 so much, the main point they all make is the destruction, with bf 3 and less so 4, you are running along and don't always know if a wall can be destroyed or not and the main one, that the destruction was necessary to keep the game flowing along and just making it feel more "fun"

I agree with some of your points.
The problem with BF4s map design appears to be that they need to design a bunch of maps, then make them fit every available game mode in the game. I think they should do a Unreal Tournament style and have specific maps for specific game modes. If you want to make your server "unofficial" and have custom rules and 64 player rush etc.. you can play those maps on game modes they weren't intended for, but fundamentally they should design a map with a game mode in mind and stick with it.

Damavand peak was by far one of the best rush maps ever. Along with Tehran highway. However both sucked for conquest but people still played them anyway.

The unlock system in battlefield is crazy whereby you have about 30 attachments you need to unlock for every gun each and every time you play. I would much prefer 300 kills with carbines to unlock the acog scope, thus unlocking the ACOG for all carbines in one go. And if people who have played the game 300 hours + prefer this, you can bet the casuals with <50 hours play time would appreciate it too.

Destruction was definitely better in BC2. Levolution was hyped in BF4, but fundamentally they only got as far as doing it properly in 4 maps. Siege of Shanghai, Flood Zone, Paracel Storm and Hainan Resort.

All of the maps in the DLCs since haven't had it or have token efforts and the rest of the vanilla maps had **** poor excuses for levolution like a chimney that falls down in Zavod and a tower that comes down in Lockers. If they could just focus on getting deconstruction like it was in BC2, the community would be much happier.

Looking back at the UI from BC2, I think it looks horrible. Much prefer the looks of BF4 with the new scaling improvements coming from CTE.

And I'm not so sure I want the class system of BC2 back - I'd much rather split the assault class into 2 - making a medic class and an assault class. Assault has all the M320 options and M26 options, while the medic has defibs and health packs - but loses the assault rifles and needs to use the all class weapons.

I wasn't too keen on damvand peak tbh, certainly not for the first base anyway!

And yeah the overall UI of bf 4 is much better, I meant mainly the loadout, squad etc. selection screen, was just quicker and easier imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom