The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
depends if he dipped plastic covers (see sabertooth boards with thermal shields... I want to dip mine :p ) or just sprayed everything xD hopefully not the shiny socket ;)

No the bare board :p

Will be fine, nearly done now anyway. They say to leave four hours per coat but it seems completely dry within about 20 minutes :confused:

The shiny socket is the liquid metal pro reservoir yes?

exactly!!!! :D

and I'd be a bit careful about the entire board.... there will still be one or two resistors/capacitors that get silly hot! (think power management for PCI-E and such) a few years ago at lan I paid a few quid for a few thermal pics and there were one or two hot spots of components that were getting about 70oC+

4 hours between coats?! o.O well from watching quite a few plasti-dip vids on cars they seem to leave the coats 10-30 mins between applying. Imagine having a "dry"... but still fresh surface gives better adhesion between the layers? so long as it's not wet enough to just pool up/run *shrugs* could be talking out my arse but makes sense to me :p

Last edited:
6cd9d048c55766ac4c15997476d7e85e.png

Those are the bits I masked off.

Will probably be on tonight actually, this stuff seems to dry quick enough.

North bridge isn't covered, wont play anything for a bit so hopefully wont heat up.

I'll put up pics in the log soon, feel free to post there (it could do with some bumps, not getting much attention :().

Pic of the setup.

Top card gets to 79c in bf4 with a pretty aggressive fan profile, air just gets trapped between the cards.

If i run adaptive vsync, temps are much lower but input lag is a bit annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom