The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just remember first game in the beta on port valdez and I couldn't believe how amazing it sounded, the first game that I have ever played to have a true war sound feel, remember sitting beside a team mate behind cover and a recon tried to snipe him and then the character just shouts "we have got an enemy sniper in the area" or something like that, that put a big grin on my face :D

So do I :) I also remember being disappointed with BF3 RE sound. Then came along BF4 and it was so much better. Comparing BC2 to BF4 is difficult as I've not played it recently. Might have to have a crack this weekend :D

LOL nah just don't wanna play against ex team mates in Div 1 and this team fits me best. I doubt I'll play more than 3 matches anyway due to work :P

Also gotta say BF4 is just gash, movement speed omg so slow. The CTE into vanilla patch will improve this game immeasurably

No, just no! Breaks are not allowed until the week before GTAV!

And Damavand Peak was brilliant, freefalling down to the refinery was one of the things that made me buy BF3!

I loved the first two sets of mcoms.

All too often the attacking team would just resort to sitting on the hills with their sniper rifles and try and kill farm.

Completely pointless when your attacking as the defenders have infinite tickets. Best thing to do was to ignore them and deal with the groups that pushed forward.

Every now and again you'd get a big massive push from the enemy team and the defenders would usually have to scrabble about and try and get people in to defuse.

It was beautifully set up with the defenders having the advantage of being able to sit back and defend - but the attackers having a height advantage and the option of using destruction to break the walls and get into mcoms and side buildings easier from the attacking side.

Equally when attacking, get one or two good squads together and make a good push and you can completely tip the balance of that game - assuming you played it as 32 player rush as designed that is.

But this entire area of the map was completely designed for rush - and not used for conquest. And it shows as it just wouldn't play well as a conquest map.

Last edited:
But this entire area of the map was completely designed for rush - and not used for conquest. And it shows as it just wouldn't play well as a conquest map.

I also found those points pretty easy which is how it should be. If you take paracel storm for instance it's the other way round. The first point is terrible.

Its the only way for rush to work, and thats to design a rush map from scratch.

You can't take an existing conquest map and just stick some mcoms on it and draw some lines and make a good rush map. Maps like siege of shanghai rush showed that they need major tweaking to make it work.

I had a look, there doesn't seem to be anything there. There aren't many teams playing BF4 competitively at all. I remember when TFC was hugely competitive and there were loads of divisions.

I think I am division one.

So am I.

Are we pro then? I think we are pro.

There aren't many teams playing BF4 competitively at all. I remember when TFC was hugely competitive and there were loads of divisions.

I think I am division one.

There seem to be less teams playing than there were on the crysis ladder on clanbase when I used to play competitively (Note: not played well, or pro, for a laugh*)

I think we're all division one! :cool::D

* There was one competent team in our ladder, a Swedish team called 9th gaming IIRC.

I'm Premier Division! (that's how it works right? like football? premier is above 1? :p something....sports....)

see what time I get in and hopefully be a few ladsssss on that I can jump in on :D

also remember the other night when I was screaming my gun wasn't working? :p seemed to be sometimes when I'd spawn in and fire my SMG/PDW I could see the muzzle flash and the ammo counter diminish, but there was no gun sounds nor hit markers on players or ground/water.... but then after a few times of this I fired a few rounds, switched to pistol and back and it would be fine... strange!!!

also notice on Golumd I still get the bug sometimes where the AA will be raping you of all your health but you don't get any damage sounds so you only notice the damage when you either inevitably explode or happen to glance at the vehicle health bar/counter :p

bit of a pain xD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom