The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need gsync bro
Yup, swift would be nice but too pricey. Only other gsync monitors are the 4k panels which even 780 sli will struggle with. 1900x1080 isnt really worth it as res wise it's a sidegrade even with gsync. Need more monitors in the 2560x1140 res with gsync. How does it run bf4 kiwi, as tbh this is the game i play most.

Ps, everyone else getting an awful lot of battlelog plugin updates this week. Almost every night i log on theres one.

Last edited:
Yup, swift would be nice but too pricey. Only other gsync monitors are the 4k panels which even 780 sli will struggle with. 1900x1080 isnt really worth it as res wise it's a sidegrade even with gsync. Need more monitors in the 2560x1140 res with gsync. How does it run bf4 kiwi, as tbh this is the game i play most.

Ps, everyone else getting an awful lot of battlelog plugin updates this week. Almost every night i log on theres one.

It runs very well - it's basically vsync without input lag. You also get all the benefits of having one of the best if not the best panel for gaming so the experience without gsync is worth the cash IMO. Gsync is just a bonus.

Happy Wife, Happy Life. By extension that also covers every female on the planet. Keep them happy, and life becomes substantially easier. Fickle creatures.

I am just about to hop on for some BF, hopefully we can have some good games - the game of Rogue that Wndsr, Chippy and I played earlier was great fun indeed.

Fun rounds playing TDM/Domination on the MLG server earlier, struggling to commit to playing tonight as I'm not interested at all. With Nexus being back at school, we're missing our vehicular support!

When did you last play it?

I think it runs perfectly fine. I play with everything on low. My biggest frustrations regarding game play are things that I think have always existed in Battlefield: having to jump over almost everything, being shot by a bloke hip firing from behind a box.

just this min,I stopped playing ages ago because it ran like crap then..thought id give them time to sort any issues out..nope game still feels as clunky as hell.and yeah having to jump over everything is so annoying..certainly not worth what i paid.

il stick to BF3 & BC2 i think. :/

The normal version doesnt run as fluently or feel as right as bfbc2 or bf3. However the CTE version is even smoother than those. Ive found that a bad internet connection/poor server can have quite a severe impact on fps in bf4. Below are a few benchmarks i ran with the setup in sig.

64 player cq large.
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
87290, 600000, 91, 201, 145.483

64 player tdm.
Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
58363, 600000, 54, 212, 97.272

The former was on a very good server with no lag, the latter was a mess. Tdm is a less demanding game mode. Especially as that was on lockers whereas the cq round was on paracel storm which is one of the most demanding maps in the game. Settings were maxed at 1920x1200.

That metro game was unbalanced, I did try several times to join you guys.

I know bro, it's always a bit like that on 64 player Locker/Metro. Usually a good squad or two can make a break for it if they put their mind to it, but unfortunately it seemed most of our players were happy to just sit at the captured flag spamming.

Fun rounds playing TDM/Domination on the MLG server earlier, struggling to commit to playing tonight as I'm not interested at all. With Nexus being back at school, we're missing our vehicular support!

First day at school was exciting!

M96GFZk.png

Is it just me,BF4 is very "Clunky"?

Did they ever fix the net code?

Compared to Bad Company 2 & BF3..BF4 runs like complete crap on my system.

Not just you!

Since switching to mantle, game runs soooo much smoother for me, dx is pure **** for my rig, FPS drop galore, even with everything on low except mesh....

BF 3 perfectly smooth even with higher settings.

Once the CTE patch arrives, the game should hopefully feel MUCH smoother and the gameplay in general should be quicker paced i.e. more like bf 3.

The patch really can't come soon enough tbh, just a shame we didn't get these changes months ago.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom