The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you might be interested that AU Optronics (who created the panel for the SWIFT) are creating a new 144hz 2560x1440 27" panel :D

Link is here: http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/31.htm#144hz_ips

Seen that! IPS too, about damn time!!!! :D

Hopefully we get something like the following reasonably soon too....

- 29-32" ultrawide (21.9 aspect ratio)
- MUST have freesync
- 2560x1080, preferably 2560x1440 though
- no more than £500 (unlikely :()

TBH, wouldn't mind seeing some VA panel variants as well, really want better blacks now.

collision is the big one for me. golamund railway is a nightmare for it. when the buildings are down . you can actually see the 1cm like invisible texture on objects in smoke and stuff.

go to clip a wall you cant even shoot for upto a cm past it. why nabs hide in rubble and broken buildings and the like.

My main gripe with this game, really is a ****ing joke. Some maps just take the **** with it i.e. dawnbreaker

Last edited:
as said you cant dumb it down you would have to re due the whole animation.

the vaulting lag collision issue been in since bf3.

collision is the big one for me. golamund railway is a nightmare for it. when the buildings are down . you can actually see the 1cm like invisible texture on objects in smoke and stuff.

go to clip a wall you cant even shoot for upto a cm past it. why nabs hide in rubble and broken buildings and the like.

One of the issues that is a little frustrating with lumphini garden is when they climb out of the water - they seem to warp making some players difficult to hit.

Seen that! IPS too, about damn time!!!! :D

Hopefully we get something like the following reasonably soon too....

- 29-32" ultrawide (21.9 aspect ratio)
- MUST have freesync
- 2560x1080, preferably 2560x1440 though
- no more than £500 (unlikely :()

TBH, wouldn't mind seeing some VA panel variants as well, really want better blacks now.

They haven't mentioned either free sync or gsync - but either or would be great given the likelihood of frame variability at 144hz. I'm assuming that the panel would still perform similar to other IPS screens regarding lag.

One of the issues that is a little frustrating with lumphini garden is when they climb out of the water - they seem to warp making some players difficult to hit.

I've had that, LMG trained to the guys head firing controlled bursts at their head as they climb out of the water. Suddenly they warp, and I'm dead. They managed to climb out of the water without taking a single hit.

Similar with the vaulting.

144Hz UW IPS would have me shaking wads of cash for sure. I miss the fluidity of my 85Hz CRT. 60Hz doesn't cut it even as I've got older and slower.

haha :D dat is bad :p

The sad thing is, there are far more invisible walls on that map than what he showed.

Another video showing a few different angles on that massive invisible wall

Really DICE...... :o

They haven't mentioned either free sync or gsync - but either or would be great given the likelihood of frame variability at 144hz. I'm assuming that the panel would still perform similar to other IPS screens regarding lag.

From what I know of freesync, it shouldn't be costing monitor manufacturers much, if anything extra to implement it, afaik, freesync "should" be standard with any monitor that supports display port 1.3(?). Apparently monitors with display port 1.2a "can" support freesync but will need a firmware upgrade.

vaulting is stupid in this game. either you just don't do it and can't jump over ****.

or the fact the hit boxes are no where near! was on siege last night at E flag. enemies rock up in jetskies. they bail and start climbing up the jetty, cue me shooting at them as they are climbing up. at the end of the climb they stood still for a moment and then were already about 10-15m away running up the stairs almost at the foot of the building. HOW THE **** AM I SUPPOSED TO GUESS WHERE THEY ARE?!?!? :p shame my sraw only got a hit as they were riding in :(

wants 27-30" AMOLED screen, 1ms, 144Hz, 1440p+, freesync for less than £200 plox :) k thx

(AMOLED like on my note3 phone... mmmm dat colours :) )

Last edited:
wants 27-30" AMOLED screen, 1ms, 144Hz, 1440p+, freesync for less than £200 plox :) k thx

*drool*

Unfortunately cost affordable OLED is only really just coming about now for TV's but still with a lot of issues, main problem being burn in :( Just imagine what it would be like for PC & gaming usage! :eek:

My guess is, we will start seeing cost affordable OLED monitors (with not as many problems) in about 3-4 years.

It really is the future for displays! Those blacks :cool:

jq1cmxo.jpg

WaLgy31.jpg

gnDxOKP.jpg

Last edited:
(AMOLED like on my note3 phone... mmmm dat colours :) )

I can't wait to get the Note 4 - Damm that is a nice phone (I've been an iPhone user since 3G came out but it's time to switch.

So I returned the rival as it's not comfortable IMO. What is everything thinking about the Logitech G502 PROTEUS? It's getting fantastic reviews and it's shaped like my Epic Gaming Meduza / Old G5.

Yep I would love an OLED screen but they are still a little way off being viable monitors for most people. Still give it a few years and things will change.

Oh and I would guess that freesync will be anything but free when it launches.

Those blacks

racist :mad: :rolleyes: :p i jk

but yeah, the colours on my note3 are pure sex!!!

I just bought the one+one phone and already thinking about selling it on as from the moment I turned the screen on and it got to the home screen I could tell the colours were a bit washed in comparison :( damn being spoiled by sexy tech xD but then... note4 is coming out soon ;)

play now feature usually chucks me in almost empty games :( and then trying to find new ones it just throws you back in the same :p booo!!!!! but myself and gaycob were trying to be votekicked off a server on siege last night because we were decimating with the attack chopper :D think he already had a few kills. I jumped in as gunner, went on a cheeky 18 streak.... mostly people going up top lifts on C upper roof..... they know we're there.... why did they keep coming up?! :p

was also called a base camping noob in the AA on lancan dam.... even thought I was by A... the only flag our team had... what do they expect me to do.... lead the damn attack against the many armour waiting at B for me?! :p **** that xD

I can't wait to get the Note 4 - Damm that is a nice phone (I've been an iPhone user since 3G came out but it's time to switch.

So I returned the rival as it's not comfortable IMO. What is everything thinking about the Logitech G502 PROTEUS? It's getting fantastic reviews and it's shaped like my Epic Gaming Meduza / Old G5.

I'm seeing a statistical uptick on my accuracy having gone g500 to G502. The DPI buttons are driving me a bit mad though as they are very easy to hit when spamming mouse 1. It's making me more disciplined as to the orientation of the mouse to avoid this.
Other than that, it's a lovely mouse.

You probably want a "pro" gamer opinion though.

What DPI / BF4 Percentage Sensitivity - I'm keen on it not just for the shape (which is very important to me) but also that it's supposed to have the most advanced senor there is which is important at higher resolutions.

racist :mad: :rolleyes: :p i jk

but yeah, the colours on my note3 are pure sex!!!

I just bought the one+one phone and already thinking about selling it on as from the moment I turned the screen on and it got to the home screen I could tell the colours were a bit washed in comparison :( damn being spoiled by sexy tech xD but then... note4 is coming out soon ;)

:D

Samsung do make good phones, it is a shame they have become like apple though i.e. sticking to the same design/playing it safe. I can't stand touchwiz and the slow updates with OEM phones though :(

Really hope the nexus 6 will have an AMOLED screen, it is the main thing I want on my N5.

Yep I would love an OLED screen but they are still a little way off being viable monitors for most people. Still give it a few years and things will change.

Oh and I would guess that freesync will be anything but free when it launches.

Yeah tbh, it probably going to be more than 4 years for OLED monitors, probably more like 6-7 :(

Definitely won't be "free", supposedly they will be £100-150 cheaper than gsync monitors though.

Freesync will only work with a few cards as well: the 290 series and 285

Glad I didn't get the 280 now!

What is everything thinking about the Logitech G502 PROTEUS? It's getting fantastic reviews and it's shaped like my Epic Gaming Meduza / Old G5.

Not sure about that mouse, it does look good though and being logitech, I'm sure will perform very well.

I would also have a look at the zowie fk1, best mouse I have used for FPS gaming (have had mx518, g400 and deathadder), it just feels sooooo accurate and precise (using the best optical sensor there is; 3310), not as comfortable as the deathadder but the shape feels more "natural" if that makes any sense :p

Can hit 28% accuracy quite a bit now with the AEK and bulldog/scar! :D

Last edited:
What DPI / BF4 Percentage Sensitivity - I'm keen on it not just for the shape (which is very important to me) but also that it's supposed to have the most advanced senor there is which is important at higher resolutions.

Not sure what my windows sensitivity is set to (haven't changed it from my G500). I'm actually only using ~450 DPI in game and 2K on the desktop. I might try lowering the windows setting and upping the DPI to see if that improves or wrecks my accuracy.

I would also have a look at the zowie fk1, best mouse I have used for FPS gaming (have had mx518, g400 and deathadder), it just feels sooooo accurate and precise (using the best optical sensor there is; 3310), not as comfortable as the deathadder but the shape feels more "natural" if that makes any sense :p

I have no doubt its a fantastic mouse - but I really rely on deep left and right groves for not only comfort but to aim. I put allot of pressure on these points including the base of my palm to aim so if the mouse does not have deep groves then it starts to be uncomfortable after a while.

You will notice that the G5, Epic Meduza and G502 all have this shape / features.

Not sure what my windows sensitivity is set to (haven't changed it from my G500). I'm actually only using ~450 DPI in game and 2K on the desktop. I might try lowering the windows setting and upping the DPI to see if that improves or wrecks my accuracy.

Set the windows mouse sensitivity to default i.e. 6 and then do this:

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

I used 1400+DPI with all my previous mice but with the zowie fk1, I had to reduce it to 800!

It's really important to leave the windows at 6/11. Nice guide which you should check out here: http://eliteownage.com/mouseguide.html

EDIT: The guide Nexus linked you to is the one I was looking for. Great tips there. From memory I'm also running 800 - Using Laser instead of Optical.

I have no doubt its a fantastic mouse - but I really rely on deep left and right groves for not only comfort but to aim. I put allot of pressure on these points including the base of my palm to aim so if the mouse does not have deep groves then it starts to be uncomfortable after a while.

You will notice that the G5, Epic Meduza and G502 all have this shape / features.

The groves feel a bit deeper than my g500 closer to the G5 (I have both in front of me now). The mouse comes across a slightly smaller (touch lower and thinner) than both of it's predecessors but at the same time a bit more weighty (comparing all 3 with no added weights). My hands are medium/large.
Set the windows mouse sensitivity to default i.e. 6 and then do this:

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

I used 1400+DPI with all my previous mice but with the zowie fk1, I had to reduce it to 800!

I'll give it a go, but I'm not sure it would be fair to the BF4 community if I suddenly got 20%+ accuracy ;)

Ah I see! Then yup, zowie fk1 not for you! :p

The logitech G502 is probably the best for that sort of grip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom