The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahhh yeah, I don't sit by the mortar in bf4, unless it's just a quick few shots. was more talking about bf3 where you were stuck like a lemon! :p

I just found I'm really impatient and it doesn't load fast enough so just forget about it and carry on with my game, never to be used again xD

One thing I've noticed.. (may constitute a tip :eek: )

When you've exhausted the mortar, later when you select it again, it will say 0/0 for the ammo. If you then actually use it it will suddenly say 4/1. I'm not sure how long it takes to reload TBH, and I think you need to replenish by sitting on an ammo box* which shouldn't be an issue as you are support anyway.

* Not tested, it may just magically replenish after a while.

its cause you died and your other mortar is still alive ;). so when you select mortar again on fresh spawn. so if you had 4 youll have 4 and then another load

thing is if you select the mortar wrong it blows the other one up and you'll lose the other.

once you use the other the old one will explode.

welcome to mortar club.

its cause you died and your other mortar is still alive ;). so when you select mortar again on fresh spawn. so if you had 4 youll have 4 and then another load

thing is if you select the mortar wrong it blows the other one up and you'll lose the other.

once you use the other the old one will explode.

welcome to mortar club.

I was talking about the shells not the mortar it's self :)

The ammo for the mortar still replenishes if you plant,use,wait, reuse (without dying or picking it up). IIRC it still always says 0/0 after the first use unless you press action to use it. I just wasn't sure if you needed to sit on an ammo box or not. :confused:

The mortar itself doesn't AFAIK replenish if it gets destroyed without death and respawn. You may be able to get one from a commander resupply drop.

I know what you mean about the mortar from the previous spawn, like a noob I keep on forgetting and replanting when my previous one is probably in a better position. :o

yes but they are slow on replenish.

when mortars fir came out you could do similar and just remove put back down and get another 5. me and mate found it out i made video then they nerfed the mortar because of it :D

Dice is trolling us.

No way would they give us what we actually want with this.

Looks like it's the prequel (posted on reddit):

blueprintbundles/vehicle_car_snowmobile
blueprintbundles/vehicle_tank_hover
gameplay/blueprintbundles/vehicle_station_walker
gameplay/blueprintbundles/vehicle_station_metalstorm
gameplay/blueprintbundles/vehicle_bot_mkv blueprintbundles/vehicle_car_dirtbike_xp4 blueprintbundles/vehicle_boat_patrolhovercraft_xp4 weapons/railgun_1p_bpb

I don't see that the CTE patch will be some kind of magic fix lol

but with any luck lol...it might fix the issue i have been having just this last week when coming under attack from multiple helis the whole game slows down ....never had that issue before

Last edited:
How will that work I wonder? Manual fire through the tablet? Or like a mine but triggered by heat/movement?

Will it harm armored vehicles?

Expect pick it up and redeploy for instant reload bug as was the case with the mortar.

Looking at the youtube video it could be remotely deplyable like the mortar. Just seems like another COD inspired POS if you're asking me.

I'm sick of this more is more mentality. If they focused more on map design and solid community (CTE) play testing - (which would be a very nice addition to the premium package) then we would have a much better game. The UCAV, AC130, RAV etc add very little to the game and in some cases break it. I fully agree with lvlcap's views on what to take out of the game and the issues with map design.

Another re-post from reddit regarding final stand content available in the final CTE patch:

New class gadget: http://i.imgur.com/Fsgf30W.jpg
New weapon attachment: http://i.imgur.com/11PURIB.jpg
New Battlepack opening screen, awards hidden: http://i.imgur.com/n80eVWx.jpg
New Battlepack opening screen, awards revealed: http://i.imgur.com/2n0yz4g.jpg
Also there's info about currently selected XP Boost on the spawn screen. You can't equip boosts from the spawnscreen, at least not yet.
Note 1: Class gadget is currently available to all classes.
Note 2: Weapon accessory is not (yet?) available for Assault Rifles, PDWs and Sniper Rifles. It's available to Carbines and DMRs. Haven't checked LMGs, Shotguns and sidearms.
Note 3: No new weapons available yet.

This one in particular is worrying:

11PURIB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom