The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
30% in game for both vehicle and infantry and 800 dpi

Important to note res. as well - 2560x1080

I could probably reduce in game sensitivity to 20% though.....

1:1 Windows mapping with MarkC's mouse fix, 450dpi with a Zowie FK Pro, not sure on ingame sensitivity but it was either 20 or 25%. Playing at 1920x1080.

I actually used a mortar for about 3 mins of gameplay the other day. Genuinely the most boring mind-numbing 3 minutes I have ever spent in a game. Ever. Got a host of kills, but was so far from engaging. How the hell do you do it DG?

you know i use guns aswell ? :D think about 10th in uk for my lmg :p

great fun smashing in a 70-15 with mortar then the whine starts then just smash another 70 in with just the lmg. so much anger :p

You must play this game a lot! You have twice the LMG kills I have, and I'm a repeat metro offender. Worse you have more mortar kills than I have LMG kills. :D

might have to pick the mortar up again and give it a whirl. pretty much only really used it for unlocks or to equip and use against other people using mortars out of spike xD hehe

remembering back in bf3, see the enemy mortars on the map, fire off a quick one two on the target, pick up and relocate before the many others dropped one on your head hehe

you know i use guns aswell ? :D think about 10th in uk for my lmg :p

great fun smashing in a 70-15 with mortar then the whine starts then just smash another 70 in with just the lmg. so much anger :p

Just a bit of banter :) Each to their own in this game - I only really play a few maps / game modes for instance. Half of my hours in BF3 were in the F18 :D

This is what I like about BF - There is allot of diversity.

You must play this game a lot! You have twice the LMG kills I have, and I'm a repeat metro offender. Worse you have more mortar kills than I have LMG kills. :D

yeah i play all maps dont even have metro or id be number one on that :p

get mortar number one first then focus on mg4 :D

might have to pick the mortar up again and give it a whirl. pretty much only really used it for unlocks or to equip and use against other people using mortars out of spike xD hehe

remembering back in bf3, see the enemy mortars on the map, fire off a quick one two on the target, pick up and relocate before the many others dropped one on your head hehe

I never stay by my mortar, it's just inviting a stabbing or return mortar fire. Plant mortar, move and hide, fire mortar, then join the normal action. When I next get the chance to hide for a min or so, I'll be back on the reloaded mortar.

The downside to this tactic is that at some point someone will destroy my mortar but at least I'm still alive. I just use it to get a few extra cheap kills per life (or clear a roof camp or a flag).

I'd still like to see an updated Dg demo on youtube though! :)

Any word on when we'll see the next patch with the CTE changes?

I'm assuming as soon as they can determine it's stable via CTE it will drop. I know they have been doing performance testing this weekend.

Fall Patch Weekend Stress Testing

September 5, 2014

This weekend we will be doing some server side stress tests on the CTE.
This will mean that ALL servers but 4 in the EU region will be turned off within an hour or two (over the weekend).

The reason we do this is that we need a full physical server (each server runs 4 instances of the BF4 server) – and we need testing over time, preferably with full servers as well.

We are hoping you guys will want to get us the best data we can to make the server release of the Fall Patch as optimized as possible.

Thank you for your continued engagement and help! Let’s make this server release the best so far!

Ps. Next tuesday something pretty awesome will happen on the CTE – be ready! Ds.

ahhh yeah, I don't sit by the mortar in bf4, unless it's just a quick few shots. was more talking about bf3 where you were stuck like a lemon! :p

I just found I'm really impatient and it doesn't load fast enough so just forget about it and carry on with my game, never to be used again xD

Any word on when we'll see the next patch with the CTE changes?

"September" apparently.

They've combined the 24 different incremental patches they made to CTE into one big one with the aim then of releasing to all 5 platforms simmultaneously so that they've got good consistency to help with bug fixing going forwards.

They've had some issues with that patch - CTE started crashing so that will take a bit of fine tuning to resolve.

PC won't be pushed out early and they are going to try and patch all 5 systems at once so that everybody uplifts to the new code base at the same time.

So allowing for them to finish bug testing, get the patch certified on console, I'd say by the end of September at best case scenario tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom