The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nexus, I'm not sure if I can wait for the next lot of monitors, I don't expect a pair of 970s would really cut it at 3440x1440 144Hz, it's either very high frames or higher resolution on my current budget. Maybe the SWIFT is the compromise (I'm at 1200p at the moment), but I'm not sure if I'd go back to TN after IPS.

Should I stay clear of the LG (flat one)?

If you can deal with a little gamma shift the color/image quality on the latest 4K TNs and the swift is pretty good. The swift is definitely the premier panel at the moment for high end FPS gaming, I've not tried the 3440x1440 panels but most of the current 4K panels ain't that good for serious gaming, with nasty overdrive and problems with fast black to white/to black pixel transitions.

Swift looks to be a decent choice, and from reading/hearing Gregster and whyscotty's feedback while playing bf4. Shame its so expensive at present. Hopefully we see more 2560x1440 gsync monitors soon. Something in interested in myself as 780 sli is overkill at my current res of 1920x1200. As for 4k, personally I think its to early to adopt as there are to few gpu's capable of doing it justice at present.

Nexus, I'm not sure if I can wait for the next lot of monitors, I don't expect a pair of 970s would really cut it at 3440x1440 144Hz, it's either very high frames or higher resolution on my current budget. Maybe the SWIFT is the compromise (I'm at 1200p at the moment), but I'm not sure if I'd go back to TN after IPS.

mrk said his 290x and 780 coped really well with the 3440x1440 res. so I imagine 2x970's (especially when overclocked) would be fine (to get a constant 120FPS+ for future games, you might need to drop the settings down a bit though...). However, I can't see UW/21.9, 3440x1440, IPS, 144HZ panels arriving for quite a while... not to mention the price will be stupidly high for that sort of spec :(

Comes down to preference and usage in the end. I use my monitor for a lot of films and TV shows so viewing angles and colours/image quality are pretty important to me, of course you will also see these benefits in games too. The only semi-serious MP FPS game I play is bf 4 and apart from the upcoming games i.e. GTA 5, alien isolation, batman and a few other SP games, I'm not much of a single player gamer either these days. So as you can imagine, 144HZ won't be quite worth it for myself (+ to get a constant 100FPS with max settings in the upcoming games, I would need two GPU's).

I wouldn't purchase the LG one just yet as apparently the AOC version will be coming in at about £500 :eek: Plus DELL should have their one arriving reasonably soon, but will likely cost more than the LG. LG screens are great, it is just the back light bleed issues and crappy slow customer service, which lets them down, at least with the 34UM95, you can easily fix the bleed issues by unclipping the bottom bezel by a tiny amount with your finger nail.

The one thing I love the most about these LG UW monitors (of course except for the 21.9 UW aspect ratio :p) is the anti glare finish, probably the best I have seen on a monitor yet, no grainy look at all and it just looks like the image floats/sticks out.

The ASUS ROG swift has a great TN panel though, only the viewing angles that are still a bit problematic.

At the end of the day, I doubt you will be disappointed with whatever you go for :)

Last edited:
People play all over the place, the servers in the OP are affiliated or friends of OcUK.

Just had a badmin attack. Start of metro round my squad pushes straight to b and then quickly onto a. The opposition are on the ropes within 2 mins of the start of round.

Shoot the admin and another member of his squad trying to hold the passage near b. Seconds later I was killed and autobalanced. Fair enough you might think, however the badmin has moved to the winning team. So poor.

I went from a 30" 1600p IPS screen to this TN screen and I can honestly say the colors on this swift are on par with the IPS (more vibrant tbh), it's the best TN panel I have seen for image quality.

its part of the game. what people dont realize its actually a vital part. stopping camping snipers for eg but they will allow them.

in some games doing things like this gets your server black listed.(im going to ask some EA people now to blacklist servers who do this) .

if its part of the game why ban it it kick for it ?

do you do same for snipers or m320 and airburst ?

vr the funny thing is i kill more with run and gun lmg than mortar but hey ho .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom