The Battlefield 4 Thread ~ Server details in opening post ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Ive stopped using adaptive vsync here, yes my cards run a bit hotter. If one dies so be it. I can live with what little screen tearing i get. Could watercool but too expensive and not worth it on an undelidded 4790k as wc makes no difference. On a good server now bf4 does feel much better, on the ping/speedtests i posted last night. Id left my phone downloading a pile of updates, (like an idiot). But its still not bf3 or CTE smooth yet.

Underboss
For what? Coulda atleast helped the guy out.

Did you not read my post or just decide not to include the part where I offered a suggestion?

Also where was your "help"? Apart from a badly worded sentence I see no other forms of trying to fix his issue. ;)

Anyway, Trent - have you tried clearing and re mapping all the buttons in the game for controller, they may have reset themselves due to the patch.

Soldato
At least he offered some help while there was non and got folks involved.

I tried remapping and it literally doesn't even recognise a single button or stick motion! So strange.

Soldato
Played a few games last night with a buddy for the first time in many months.

Game is vastly improved, and my sniping skills haven't left me either 30something kills 0 deaths :D

Best part, didn't crash once or lose sound for any silly reason, and my buddy had some noticable performance improvements on his phenom X6 and 670.

Well done EA for fixing the game a bit too late.

Underboss

I tried remapping and it literally doesn't even recognise a single button or stick motion! So strange.

Try a wired controller if you have one, if that works it might be something to do with the wireless side of your controller.

If the wired also doesn't work it could be a BF4 issue.

V_R

V_R

Soldato

I see nothing in the minefield of stupidity that is the BF4 forums.

DICE did fix a lot in this patch, its only right they break something too, this is DICE after all. ;)

You could try this, but I have no idea it will work....

Move your BF4 settings from C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Battlefield 4\settings

This will reset all your settings and save games etc, try the game again as see if it works, if it doesn't just replace the files and your back to how you were.

I have no idea if it will work, but try it.

Also, http://battlefield.realmware.co.uk/bf4-settings-editor/ - is a hand tool to have.

Underboss
will be on tonight josh with kawusa... just gotta go into town and buy a mic and a new QCK+ then ill be on!

im gonna proper jet whore tonight!

Good stuff! Make sure you are on the same team as everyone else then, don't want Nexus crying when you rape him!

See below a better summary of the weapon changes in this patch. Might give the L85 a crack.

T8FEgVM.jpg

L85 has always been amazeballs. My most used AR will have to break it out. Means I will need to use the L85 for medium to close, AEK for close, M416 for medium to long.

Time to bin the Deagle for the Swagnum also!

Caporegime
will be on tonight josh with kawusa... just gotta go into town and buy a mic and a new QCK+ then ill be on!

im gonna proper jet whore tonight!

This

Make sure you are on the same team as everyone else then, don't want Nexus crying when you rape him!

And leave the attack jet for me please :p

Told you to do that the other night! :p

Love the magnum now, headshotted 4 people in a row on siege that night :D

Soldato
Good stuff! Make sure you are on the same team as everyone else then, don't want Nexus crying when you rape him!

L85 has always been amazeballs. My most used AR will have to break it out. Means I will need to use the L85 for medium to close, AEK for close, M416 for medium to long.

Agree'd never used anythiing other than the L85 since it came out clocking up 57 hours with it over 5300 kills, perfect for mid-range. Always turn to AEK for Locker and Metro maps though.

Underboss
Agree'd never used anythiing other than the L85 since it came out clocking up 57 hours with it over 5300 kills, perfect for mid-range. Always turn to AEK for Locker and Metro maps though.

That's it, the L85 for me felt like the M16A3 from BF3, easy as hell to use. Got to the point even I thought it was OP!

Nexus take it you are going to be on then?

Soldato
Shame the magnum does not have the same fire rate (220 rpmvs150 rpm). Looking at the L85, I think its a good candidate for ergo as the first shot recoil is lower than the ACE23/SCAR and it has very tight spread when moving. Recoil is now very low given the recent buff. If you guys loved this gun before this patch it should be a total beast now!

Last edited:
Underboss
You OcUK guys seem to all play on the same server, I take it you don't go hardcore as I never see any of you, I mainly play on 1PARA GwG and KNG.

We generally do the same server CQL in normal mode. Not many HC fans in our little group. Just doesn't feel right for me in BF4.

Might check out Rush this evening, see what the new patched version is like.

Kiwi it's my most used gun so will be running it like mad tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom