• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

:eek:
Greg, can't believe your now putting up blatant unfounded lies, no need to start putting up lies while at the same time attempting to make me look the dishonest one.

Where did I mention BF4 Mantle being sorted?

The majority enjoying Mantle is what I stated, all I did was challenge one of your many 'Mantle's broken for most' statements.

Now I'm a liar, get a grip, seriously.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25964693&postcount=180

HSxZ2J1.gif

I simply pointed out that Mantle works for the majority, yet you keep informing that it's broken for the majority, nothing more nothing less.

There is only one person being dishonest about this situation and it aint me, and it's clear reading for everyone to see where the dishonesty stems from here.:(

Please refrain from attempting to make me look dishonest/putting doubt on my credibility in future please, before this, I have never accused you of dishonesty before-or anyone else for that matter.:)

iOPhlgd.gif

@ Tommy

Someone needs to justify their £1600 worth of GPUs :D

£1654 actually.

@ Tommy, calm down dear. If it is working good for you, that is sweet but all the 7 series users I have seen are having to turn settings down for prolonged play (memory leak) and I don't think it is AMD's fault. I looked about and it is sounding like a patch will sort it :cool:

Mantle’s Teething Issues
To say our experiences with AMD Mantle has gone without issue would be unfortunately not true. We did have issues with AMD Mantle that directly related to certain specific AMD GPUs. At the onset of this evaluation we had planned to show you AMD's complete lineup of video cards from top to bottom, in one evaluation. However, we encountered issues with AMD's mainstream to low-end GPUs that caused us to have to switch tracks on presenting you this evaluation.

We ended up having to split up our evaluation into two parts. Today, we are bringing you Part 1 which shows the comparison of the high-end cards, which worked without issue. Once AMD and EA fix the issue with the mainstream to low-end cards, then we will bring you Part 2 of this evaluation which will focus on low-end GPU performance comparisons.

The issues we were finding are that the 270X and the 260X were performing significantly worse under Mantle at settings that averaged 60FPS on the DirectX 11 API (1920x1080 at Ultra quality and Low AA Post for the 270X). Specifically, after a couple minutes of game play at the expected level of performance in Mantle, the bottom would fall out and it would become an unplayable lagfest.

This issue persisted through a few different settings that we tested on each card and we then got in contact with AMD to investigate the issue further. AMD was eventually able to replicate our problem and determined that it was a game side issue that would require DICE to patch to fix the issue on those GPUs. At that point, we decided to exclude those cards from this evaluation and we will revisit them once the issues have been resolved.

We also encountered an odd issue with Eyefinity configurations on our personal gaming rigs. For both the Catalyst 14.1 and 14.2 Beta drivers, we were not able to get all three monitors (3x Dell 2412m) running at the Windows desktop, two connected via DVI and the third via DP. After switching things around a bit we found that using a passive DP to DVI cable instead of the DP cable to the third monitor, all three would light up and we were in business. This is most likely just another driver issue to add to the mix with Catalyst 14.1 and Catalyst 14.2.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2014...o_card_performance_review_part_1#.UxxKTvl_ulc

Last edited:
What should it matter what something costs/what someone pays for? If they're happy with it, and its within their budget why does it matter?

I'm not saying somethings aren't horrifically overpriced, but they do sell and customers are happy with their purchase.

I often get the feeling on this forum that as something is out of someones financial reach its therefore a poor choice for everyone.

What should it matter what something costs/what someone pays for? If they're happy with it, and its within their budget why does it matter?

I'm not saying somethings aren't horrifically overpriced, but they do sell and customers are happy with their purchase.

I often get the feeling on this forum that as something is out of someones financial reach its therefore a poor choice for everyone.

Yep, it is quite pathetic. When buying hardware, it shouldn't matter what cost is, as cost is subjective to what someone's disposable income is. I wan't a couple of Titan black editions but can't afford it but I certainly won't have a go at those who can.

My watercooling parts cost more than a pair of 290's, so does that make me wrong?

Lol matt.

@ Tommy, calm down dear.

I'm calm, no worries there, if I wrongfully accused you of dishonesty, you'd be quick to highlight it, but if you want to attack my forum credibility then man up and do it honestly instead of using underhand tactics.

Nice attempt of deflecting the underlying issue.

Whether you agree/disagree isn't the issue, your not going to change your opinion, the issue is your dishonesty, not mine.:o

What I do find funny is when you used to crack up at spoffle in regards to PhysX, and he only had a few posts about it.

Yet, here we are a couple of hundred digs at Mantle later, your still fuming you can't use it you dishonest person you.;)

Grrr... eveytime you go on Shanghai the Tower is still up. often for the whole round. the one time you need to land on a server with the tower still up its down, 8 in a row now....

brb.

Grrr... eveytime you go on Shanghai the Tower is still up. often for the whole round. the one time you need to land on a server with the tower still up its down, 8 in a row now....

brb.

Keep an eye out for what server you're on, I've seen a handful that have rules about no tower take downs. I presume large groups of players were just sodding off the rest of the game to take the tower down.

Hang around I've got one I did from there recently.

EDIT: Actually will get a new one as theres been some performance enchancements in both game and drivers since I took the last screenshot from that position.

This is one of the ones I did previously ( http://i.imgur.com/rh0SRC7.jpg ) - its upto around 75fps with latest drivers/patch IIRC. (Full Ultra settings at 1920x1080).

Well, heres a few screens from shanghai, 48 players on a cq 64 man server. My settings first.

aki7grm.png

Ingame shot.

blwocDM.png

Swedish server and quite laggy.

Ok, thats 68 FPS and 60 FPS, Setter your GPU is running at 78%, so your CPU bound, same for you Roff, your CPU and GPU lines on the graph have merged, that means your bottlenecked by the CPU.

Granted your both getting higher FPS than the slide, but your also both running Haswell chips and i assume overclocked, where as they are running Ive Bridge at stock.

You you may well be right, but i'm not convinced either way..

Now, have a look at this.

Just to prove that me, and AMD (as some have claimed in the past) have not gimped CPU performance in DX.

So. here is that screen shot again only this time with my AMD Phenom II x6 1090T overclock has high as i can on its Hyper 412S cooler.

4.2Ghz, CPU-NB: 3Ghz, HT Link 2.2Ghz.

57 FPS in the same spot i previously got 40, Thubans are surprisingly powerful CPU's if you have them set up right and if the game is using all 6 cores. More powerful than the Bloomfield i had, more powerful than the FX-8350, heres looking at you AMD. WTF?

On the same settings its over 120 FPS in the same spot at those CPU settings, and i think thats GPU bound. just.

In anycase i don't know if what they are proposing is true or not, we would have to know how and where they tested.

But you see the point of Mantle?

You have the latest i7 CPU from Intel and a GTX 780

I have a 4 year old AMD 6 Core and a Tahiti LE, i doubled your FPS with it (in this case), that cannot be ignored. :)

Direct X.

Mantle.

Last edited:
I done a video on Shanghai to show how my setup performs with Mantle on all High settings with 4xMSAA @ 1080p. (Obviuosly i havnt had to turn down settings too much have i ;) )

From before the scraper comes down to watching it come down only yards away and then plenty of running around while getting a pretty solid 60fps using vsync. I only saw it dip to 47fps once and i didnt even feel it.

Also included task manager in view.. yep i used my phone to record this. Lucky it does 720p Mp4 video :)

I suppose we can call this a BF4 Mantle benchmark :D

As usual.. specs in sig..

Edit. Forgot to mention.. Max VRAM on these settings were at 2.7GB. As stated earlier in another thread there is a patch coming from Dice to rectify the VRAM memory leak issue.

Last edited:
I done a video on Shanghai to show how my setup performs with Mantle on all High settings with 4xMSAA @ 1080p. (Obviuosly i havnt had to turn down settings too much have i ;) )

From before the scraper comes down to watching it come down only yards away and then plenty of running around while getting a pretty solid 60fps using vsync. I only saw it dip to 47fps once and i didnt even feel it.

Also included task manager in view.. yep i used my phone to record this. Lucky it does 720p Mp4 video :)

I suppose we can call this a BF4 Mantle benchmark :D

As usual.. specs in sig..

Edit. Forgot to mention.. Max VRAM on these settings were at 2.7GB. As stated earlier in another thread there is a patch coming from Dice to rectify the VRAM memory leak issue.

Awesome :) do you want to know how to record Mantle from screen to disk?. like this?
I'm happy to writ instruction for you. its fairly easy.

I usually use OBS with Borderless window mode but wanted to include task manager on my second monitor. Does ur way do normal full screen? And how taxing on the CPU is it cuz with OBS i use Quick Sync :)

Ok, thats 68 FPS and 60 FPS, Setter your GPU is running at 78%, so your CPU bound, same for you Roff, your CPU and GPU lines on the graph have merged, that means your bottlenecked by the CPU.

Granted your both getting higher FPS than the slide, but your also both running Haswell chips and i assume overclocked, where as they are running Ive Bridge at stock.
*snip*

Sigh - NEITHER OF US IS DISPUTING THE MANTLE RESULTS or that DX has inefficent CPU use compard to mantle - I'm also running an ivy bridge CPU not haswell and have tried at stock and even with reference clocks on the GPU and I just can't get numbers down that low with their settings (the performance difference between a stock 3770K and 4820K is very small).

We are saying as the screenshots show that even in the worst possible situation we can't get numbers as low as those benchmarks are showing for a 780ti while supposedly using the same settings and scenario - it just isn't possible, even with the 780 let alone ti, without either some kind of system problem, seriously underclocking stuff and/or swapping out for a lower spec GPU.

So there is something wrong with those benchmark numbers for the 780ti.

Last edited:
Blanket statements Roff ^^^^

I usually use OBS with Borderless window mode but wanted to include task manager on my second monitor. Does ur way do normal full screen? And how taxing on the CPU is it cuz with OBS i use Quick Sync :)

I use Mirillis Action! with the built in AMD App http://mirillis.com/en/products/action.html

30 Day free trial

It about 20% drain on the GPU.

You do need to set BF4 to 'boarder-less' and copy my settings.

Give it a try, its very good.

Back
Top Bottom