• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Did you get that Matt? or maybe i should talk to Roy? :p

I'm jelly. :D

I'd invite Sam to our team speak but our lot can get a bit rowdy and are not very pc. Pretty sure any sane person would run a mile after 5 minutes on TS with the degenerates of 247. :p

In other news though got a follow from Roy today on twitter. You know you've made it when that happens. :cool:

I'm jelly. :D

I'd invite Sam to our team speak but our lot can get a bit rowdy and are not very pc. Pretty sure any sane person would run a mile after 5 minutes on TS with the degenerates of 247. :p

In other news though got a follow from Roy today on twitter. You know you've made it when that happens. :cool:

Really, i got that follow Months ago, had a brief Email chat with David Baumann a few weeks ago to. :D

My mistake they were 1440P upon checking.

Until we know how they benched though, its a pointless debate.

While there is something to that in general with benchmarking as I said you can use the settings they are using and hunt out the very worst possible situation to benchmark in (so within reason it doesn't really matter how they benchmarked) and still see numbers comfortably above what they have recorded which is why it raises my eyebrows so to speak. As I said I have to run around the map hunting out the worst possible scenarios while compounding that with video capturing to get close to as low as they have and thats with a 780 not 780ti so for me it looks very odd.

It has become completely meaningless.

Got a link to the article?

Probably will make a small difference I would think.

That's the only thing I can think off. Before when we was both getting same results I was also running 8x - 8x PCI 2.0
I now running 16x - 8x PCI 2.0

God dammit, another upgrade required. Will have to look into getting a new board. Is it possible to get a pci-e 2.0 x16 x16 board or is x16 x8 my only option? I don't want to change cpu as my i7 is good.

Got a link to the article?

God dammit, another upgrade required. Will have to look into getting a new board. Is it possible to get a pci-e 2.0 x16 x16 board or is x16 x8 my only option? I don't want to change cpu as my i7 is good.

My MB does 16x - 16x Asus p8z77 ws using i7 2600k

But because I wanted the cards so far away one is in the 16x and the other is in 8x

But is this worth it to you just to record Mantle in borderless mode? why not wait for the SDK and other programs to work with it.

My change was needed to help with Crossfire temps.

While there is something to that in general with benchmarking as I said you can use the settings they are using and hunt out the very worst possible situation to benchmark in (so within reason it doesn't really matter how they benchmarked) and still see numbers comfortably above what they have recorded which is why it raises my eyebrows so to speak. As I said I have to run around the map hunting out the worst possible scenarios while compounding that with video capturing to get close to as low as they have and thats with a 780 not 780ti so for me it looks very odd.

Found it. Check it out for yourself. Watch the video. Appears the 780TI/290X were tested on Windows 7 and the 290X was then tested on Mantle.

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/Battl...tlefield-4-Second-Assault-Benchmarks-1109970/

My MB does 16x - 16x Asus p8z77 ws using i7 2600k

But because I wanted the cards so far away one is in the 16x and the other is in 8x

But is this worth it to you just to record Mantle in borderless mode? why not wait for the SDK and other programs to work with it.

My change was needed to help with Crossfire temps.

I know im losing out on performance though. EL Jock was almost 10fps faster than me on sniper elite and the only difference was our pci-e speeds.

Back
Top Bottom