• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Caporegime
Server choice is still a big factor in how smooth this game runs. Ive been on some where one night it runs great, go on the same servers another night and its very laggy. Which has quite an impact on fps.

Regarding the CTE, does mantle work in it yet? It'd be interesting to see a few results from it if it's possible.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Server choice is still a big factor in how smooth this game runs. Ive been on some where oe night it runs great, go on the same servers another night and its very laggy. Which has quite an impact on fps.

Regarding the CTE, does mantle work in it yet? It'd be interesting to see a few results from it if it's possible.

Yep Mantle has always worked in CTE. Will be testing on normal atm.

Soldato
FYI i disabled c1e/c-states on my CPU and this seems to have smoothed things out a lot - still get the odd wobble after an explosion but much better - no annoying spiking. Now if i could just get someone to explain c-states to me properly...

Caporegime
FYI i disabled c1e/c-states on my CPU and this seems to have smoothed things out a lot - still get the odd wobble after an explosion but much better - no annoying spiking. Now if i could just get someone to explain c-states to me properly...

Have you tried disabling core parking? Never made a difference for me but I've heard it helps some people in this game.

Caporegime
where are these dx 11 bf4 benchmarks then matt?

And here was me hoping people would forget about that, cheers Dave. :p

I will run DX11 tomorrow and post results, It's just hard to go back to it after getting used to the Mantle gameplay experience.

More results below, Metro CQ Large this time.

290X Quad Crossfire Stock
Mantle
4K Ultra Preset
Metro

0DmJb6o.jpg.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thought I would do a round on this game with a single Titan X and a 3930K @ 4.625 @ 1440P to see how well it copes and I don't think it once dropped under 100fps :D

Maximum settings as well. I still suck mind but hey ho, you can't be good looking and good at everything :p

Still encoding, so might pay to wait for it to go 1080P 60fps :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I still see the odd dip into the 50s on 290 crossfire. Only big explosions though. Titan x does look superior to 290 crossfire though, and the perf graph was super smooth though looks like you're only playing tdm - so not as full on as 64 man conquest

Really interested to see what the 390 and 980ti have to offer

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom