*** The BIG Christmas Competition *** Win the best Christmas ever!!

Associate
This comp was posted on the Moneysaving Expert website where many Competition players track them. I'm hoping like hell it was a forum member who won, but there's a good chance it isn't... (hoping to be proved wrong)

Caporegime
Hmm, god damn, that would be annoying as hell if one of THEM won it! :mad:

Guaranteed all that stuff will be sold on then instead of being put to good use :(

Soldato
Not that I entered this, but why aren't these competitions limited to more deserving forum members with a certain amount of posts instead of complete outsiders who have no loyalty and may never buy or have bought anything from OcUK?

Soldato
Well done Phil :) oh well need to keep saving after donating the last amount i was saving for a new rig to great ormond street following my sons operation.

Will have wait for the LGA2011 sockets to drop in price.

Happy xmas one and all :)

Soldato
Not that I entered this, but why aren't these competitions limited to more deserving forum members with a certain amount of posts instead of complete outsiders who have no loyalty and may never buy or have bought anything from OcUK?

Because they are designed to attract new business, not just reward people who already know who you are and buy from you anyway.

Limiting it to 'loyal forum members' only would somewhat defeat the point of the marketing benefit this sort of thing brings.

It'd be a wasted opportunity if they were to give away £1100 worth of stuff with no possible benefit to them beyond a few forum members thinking 'wow, OcUK rock'. Open it to all and you get a huge number of people looking at your shop website that may never have seen it before, it gets cross posted across the internet possibly reaching people who have never even heard of the company etc. etc. and may just drum up a tad more than £1100 worth of business from new customers that may otherwise have shopped elsewhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
Because they are designed to attract new business, not just reward people who already know who you are and buy from you anyway.

Limiting it to 'loyal forum members' only would somewhat defeat the point of the marketing benefit this sort of thing brings.

It'd be a wasted opportunity if they were to give away £1100 worth of stuff with no possible benefit to them beyond a few forum members thinking 'wow, OcUK rock'. Open it to all and you get a huge number of people looking at your shop website that may never have seen it before, it gets cross posted across the internet possibly reaching people who have never even heard of the company etc. etc. and may just drum up a tad more than £1100 worth of business from new customers that may otherwise have shopped elsewhere.

I think it would still get posted about around the net that OcUK are doing a huge giveaway competition and would still get people looking at the shop website, even if it were limited to loyal forum members. Imo anyway.

Soldato
How the heckedy-doodle did I completely miss this competition?!

This comp was posted on the Moneysaving Expert website where many Competition players track them.

If it's gone to a non-PC dude who's just entered for the ebay money it will be most irksome!

Back
Top Bottom