The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Caporegime
I don't even get the point of Undertaker at Wrestlemania anymore, when the streak was intact it had a point even if he did look half dead at the completion of the match. Now it just seems he gets stuck on the card anyway at the expense of someone else who has been on the road all year, as said above. The streaks gone, him appearing there no longer holds any special meaning, and considering he has hip issues i don't see why he should get some special status. He once ridiculed Hogan for wrestling long past his prime (hogan was around 48 at the time), yet here he is doing exactly the same thing at 3 years older than Hogan was at that point.

Soldato
Regarding the end of the Goldberg/Owens match- I despise distraction finishes(well, most DQ finishes). I can't wait til someone no-sells one and just continues with the match. Has anyone ever done that?

Soldato
awful, awful ppv. couple good matches, but thanks to the WWE for wasting my PPV money w/ a crappy 20 second headline match to a talentless part-timers, 15 minutes or pointless garbage from the New Day. and generally not letting me see the pre-show matches etc anyway despite taking my money.
if i fork out for 'Mania and Oldberg does another "walk to the ring is longer than his match" cac, i'm never handing money over again.

they seriously need to cut down PPVs, they're no longer the look-forward-to events they were when there was only 6 or so a year and they all had excellent cards and story/feud resolutions.

Soldato
Regarding the end of the Goldberg/Owens match- I despise distraction finishes(well, most DQ finishes). I can't wait til someone no-sells one and just continues with the match. Has anyone ever done that?

What I really don't get is why the ref rang the bell after Jericho's music goes off. He had loads of chances to do it before and KO could have simply bailed and taken a DQ win. Also KO gets hit with 1 spear and forgets how to roll out of the ring? Rookie mistake :p (Bet he was marking out inside though :D )

Also given the chat Foley had with Joe and Heyman saying Bork was there and might do something they could (and probably should have) done things differently:

Goldberg Entrance with normal camera following him to the ring
Assaulted by Joe and Lesnar with Joe backing off when he realises he's not needed.
Match called off and KO celebrates in an over the top fashion!
Jericho assaults him for revenge!

Easily better! :)

Caporegime
I honestly think if they went with Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, HIAC, Summerslam ,Survivor Series and Elimination Chamber as the only ppv's it might possibly breathe some life into it. You wouldn't be getting one a month so some time to build story-lines up. This 1 a month crap along with 3 hours of raw and 2 of smackdown is simply too much. Its even worse if you factor some of that wwe network into it, a lot of which can be seen on YouTube.

And for raw and smackdown, here's an ingenious idea...how about starting the shows with a match instead of some ******** coming out and flapping their gums for upto half an hour? Same **** week in week out, its so predictable even Mystic Meg could be pretty accurate with how the shows are bound to start.

And shoving people down peoples throats leading to the crowd resenting them is obviously something that has yet to penetrate the "Genius" Vince's thick skull. Roman Reigns is now Cena 2.0 with how much hate he gets from the crowd. This coming from the same people that say they listen to the crowd and "do whats best for business". 10 years of Cena getting booed out of the building and they've yet to do anything different with him says otherwise. :rolleyes:

Soldato
fact is Cena doesn't get "booed out hte building" no matter how much you'd like to think he does. the chants at the start are no more or less than expected, it seems to me, seems to me you've never listened to crowd reactions through/after any of his matches, especially the big PPV matches.

Caporegime
fact is Cena doesn't get "booed out hte building" no matter how much you'd like to think he does. the chants at the start are no more or less than expected, it seems to me, seems to me you've never listened to crowd reactions through/after any of his matches, especially the big PPV matches.

Well "it seems to me" you're very wrong. Roman Reigns is getting exactly the same kind of reactions Cena has been getting for years now. Fans are totally bored of Cena's whiter than white character which has been exactly the same for the better part of a decade now. Now and again wwe might tease a change but it never happens. They're too concerned about merchandise sales for their biggest face character tanking rather than "listening to the fans" which they always proclaim to be a main concern for them.

Caporegime
so if they're totally bored, that doesn't really explain the massive merch sales does it?

Cena is marketed towards kids, its hardly surprising with his whiter than white babyface character he sells a lot of merchandise, which is also one of the reasons they seem **** scared to do anything different with him and as a result he's been exactly the same for 10+ years now.

Caporegime

Here's the match that people wanted to see during Flairs stint in the WWF 91-92. Officially it never happened, they had a few tag matches where they faced off but first time I've seen this 1 on 1 match. Presumably a trial run to put it on at Wrestlemania that ended up getting changed.

Soldato
I watched Southpaw Regional Wrestling. Hilarious.

Easily the best thing wwe have produced in years. More of this please!

Cena And Tyler Breeze are brilliant in it.

Soldato
Looks Like Summer Rae pics have now been leaked... Just nudes though apparently.

Gotta say tho, errm the Paige ones are... Skanky. Exactly how I thought she was, nasty, locker room bike.

Back
Top Bottom