The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Caporegime
A LOT of complaints about raw last night, wwe charging ludicrous ticket prices ($800 plus) for front row seats at the Manhattan Center when barely anything happened in it and the main show was happening in another venue down the road.

Soldato
Sasha Banks Bosses Up While Eating Spicy Wings | Hot Ones

The Legit Boss herself—WWE superstar Sasha Banks—is no stranger to throwing down in the squared circle. But how will she fare in the Hot Ones terror dome? Find out as Banks battles the wings of death alongside Sean Evans, breaking down wrestling style and explaining how Snoop Dogg helped develop her ring persona along the way.

Permabanned
Haha not watched this for ****** years! loved it as a kid with the Attitude Era. I guess it's Royal Rumble soon as it's always on in Jan. Is it still a cringefest? or worth a watch these days?

Caporegime
And looney toon vinnie is announcing his new football league today. XFL 2.0. Another almost certain flop like everything hes done outside wrestling.

"most importantly, we're going to be listening to fans", yeah like you do in wwe, right? :rolleyes:

Permabanned
Just watched that 25th anniversary RAW. Some of the clips brought back some memories!! Stone Cold still looking good and Vince is certainly looking good for 72!

Caporegime
Do a youtube search for the following:

"Jim Cornette BURIES WWE RAW 25 & WWE's Awful Booking Driving Away Fans"

His co-host goes off on a massive rant around the last third of the show that's good for a laugh.

Soldato

"most importantly, we're going to be listening to fans", yeah like you do in wwe, right? :rolleyes:
:confused::eek::o:rolleyes:

In Vince's defense it's a case of 'I'll listen to you but that doesn't mean to say I'll give you want you want.'

It's very admirable that Vince is giving this another go, you have to remember the guy is 70 and at that age most of us will want to have put our feet up an move on the world of work by the time we get to 70. And to be fair to the guy it's not like he's rushing into this like he did last time as he's given himself until 2020 to get the new XFL organised and planned which gives scouts plenty of time to find the best free agents. He has fall ownership of the product whereas last time it was a 50/50 deal with one of the networks and most of important of all he's promised to keep WWE and XFL separate which should help legitimise it as not another extension of 'that wrestling show' (this is key imo). For all Vince's fault's and craziness I hope he does succeed this time around as in all honesty it's he last chance to break free of his daddy's shadow.

Caporegime
:confused::eek::o:rolleyes:

In Vince's defense it's a case of 'I'll listen to you but that doesn't mean to say I'll give you want you want.'

It's very admirable that Vince is giving this another go, you have to remember the guy is 70 and at that age most of us will want to have put our feet up an move on the world of work by the time we get to 70. And to be fair to the guy it's not like he's rushing into this like he did last time as he's given himself until 2020 to get the new XFL organised and planned which gives scouts plenty of time to find the best free agents. He has fall ownership of the product whereas last time it was a 50/50 deal with one of the networks and most of important of all he's promised to keep WWE and XFL separate which should help legitimise it as not another extension of 'that wrestling show' (this is key imo). For all Vince's fault's and craziness I hope he does succeed this time around as in all honesty it's he last chance to break free of his daddy's shadow.

He's already out of his old mans shadow by making the company as big as it is. XFL imo is going to be another bust for the simple fact that Vince is involved with it and anything he's involved in has a wrestling connection regardless of how much they say its a separate entity. People will just see it as "that wrestling guy" trying something, and worst case some people will think because its connected to WWE that the outcomes will be fixed, regardless of the legalities of something like that.

As for listening to the fans, it speaks volumes when your "top star" (Cena) who the majority are meant to like is getting hostile reactions for the better part of a decade, yet because merchandise sales are good they just don't change anything. All they're doing is looking short term instead of looking at the possibilities of something long term. Look at how Hogan getting turned in wcw changed things drastically, it could arguably never be as big as that because mainly thanks to Vince the "wrestling business" has had its guts spilled with everyone knowing the ins and outs of it, but at the same time it's a missed opportunity of giving something a try to see how the audience reacted to it. And given how wwe treat anyone who watches like they have a 5 minute memory retention its not as if they couldn't change Cena back if the reaction to it was more "meh". The chance for that is long past now with Cena being Mr part time these days so him turning wouldn't really mean much, and realistically it would be years too late.

Caporegime
Christ, that Womens "rumble" was the drizzling *****, here's some of the "highlights".

Way too many people brought in just to make up the numbers, At most this should have been a 20 participant battle royale, but no, wwe wanting to jump on the current "women are teh #1" bandwagon had to make this 30 participants even if virtually half the people in it are people who haven't been active in wwe in years. Basically if you watched that wwe raw 25 abomination any woman in that was in this.

Incredibly shoddy camera work and direction. In a chat room at the time and loads of people were asking "did this person get eliminated?" over and over because the women in the match were constantly (sometimes en-masse) rolling outside the ring to the floor to take breathers. It was a common theme of the match of thinking a person was eliminated only to see them randomly jumping back into the ring again. Sasha banks apparently lasted 53 minutes, of which maybe 15-20 of those minutes was actually spent in the ring.

Having the part time brigade eliminate active roster wrestlers, Michelle McCool eliminated about 4 people...why exactly? Its ok giving someone a nod to what they "accomplished", but eliminating 4 participants in a match were full time roster members were at a premium?

Michael Cole's tongue couldn't have been further up Stephanie's ass on commentary. While Stephanie was basically just short of burning her bra on live tv.

Naomi done a Kofi Kingston spot where she got chucked out of the ring, some of the outside the ring brigade inexplicably caught her and she was plonked on the barrier, she then trotted along on top of the barrier, got a rolling chair and used her hands to get herself to the ring, and as soon as she got into the ring she was eliminated. All the while this is going on Michael Cole is spooging himself saying he's never seen anything like this, that's of course forgetting the rather obvious fact its been a staple of Kofi Kingston for the last few years. (there's that wwe 5 minute memory retention kicking in again)

The entire thing just felt cobbled together, it was more like a fatal 4 way match where a few people get in the ring, hit their moves, roll outside then a few others take over, do their shtick, roll out and the previous ones get in the ring again. Not knowing exactly who was eliminated, thinking they were as they weren't actually on screen only for them to randomly appear again (sometimes 10 or so minutes later) just made it incredibly annoying to watch.

Permabanned
This just reminded me about the Royal Rumble last night, not watched it so I'll give it a watch. Recently started watching WWE again, not quite sure why mind you. Got all nostalgic when I watched the 25th anniversary RAW.

Caporegime

Rockhouse followed by Voodoo Child, would love to go back to 97 again and relive this. Probably mentioned before but a little known fact about "Rockhouse" is its a lot of sampled sounds from Hendrix songs padded out and made into its own theme.

Soldato
The women's rumble was decent enough IMO, I got to see my teenage crush Molly Holly back in action once again and she got to do the Molly-Go-Round.
great to see her back, and they had Hurricane too! tell you what though, most of the guests looked and performed better that a good percentage of the current roster.

Back
Top Bottom