The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
great to see her back, and they had Hurricane too! tell you what though, most of the guests looked and performed better that a good percentage of the current roster.
I'm not sure I would go that far but I would say the older stars all look in great shape (even better shape in the case of Torrie and Molly) and WWE management picked out the best in ring performers from the Attitude and ruthless aggression era's who showed they could still go. I've been watching WWE on and off for years and right now is by far the best crop of young women's wrestlers WWE has ever had, each era had a few stand out stars but at no point has it ever had the depth of talent it has right now and that's just looking at the main roster not including NXT (it helps the Bella Twins have moved on somewhat and don't take up spots on week to week TV).

Caporegime
Apparently Big Shows contract expired yesterday, pity wwe used him more as a comedy character for the most part during his run.

What a chokeslam should look like, impressive considering he's doing it to a legit 300lb wrestler.

Man of Honour
OP
Cena vs Undertaker confirmed at 'Mania then?

Cena challenged him on RAW last night and Undertaker posted on Twitter saying that Cena now has to pay with his soul. Jeez, so much for the retirement, even if it was never actually confirmed by anyone officially

Soldato
this Moolah thing is looking like it's a massive FU by WWE, how this got into production w/out someone going "whoah, hang on..." i don't know. be interesting to see if they push on w/ it given the negative comments and general backlash.

Caporegime
God these Rousey segments are beyond cringey, talk about the same **** every week.
  • Comes out with **** eating grin on her face.
  • Rambles in the ring until she gets "interrupted".
  • Goes into Frowney Ronda mode (one of 2 facial expressions she seems to have, **** eating grin being the other).
  • Botches a move or two and the segment is over.
Its pretty obvious she's nowhere near ready, wwe just seem to be fast tracking her debut to coincide with Wrestlemania. Her "teaming" with Angle seems to reinforce the fact she's not ready, and after Angle's last ring outing where he was about as nimble as a wooden plank its not looking to be a memorable match.

Man of Honour
OP
I can't see Rousey lasting long in the WWE tbh, she's clearly just not someone who's natural on the mic, the crowd haven't taken to her at all, they aren't treating her like the big deal that she's meant to be, and she's just so awkward all the time.

Caporegime
I can't see Rousey lasting long in the WWE tbh, she's clearly just not someone who's natural on the mic, the crowd haven't taken to her at all, they aren't treating her like the big deal that she's meant to be, and she's just so awkward all the time.

She's just not believable at all, that little "angry" face she does looks comical, and it seems to be one of 2 expressions she has. Not sure what the deal is with this moronic looking eye makeup she's been slapping on lately either, it's barely noticeable for the most part so why bother?

This match at wrestlemania has all the ingredients of a train wreck. Rousey seemingly can barely do anything, Angle is battered beyond belief and nowhere near what he was, all Stephanie can do is slap and pull hair, and Triple h is again coming out of retirement for yet another match on the big stage at the expense of someone else.

Soldato
Rousey needs a manager when she goes it alone in the women’s division, she hasn’t got the charisma or mike skills to last long without one.

Bring Shayna Bazler up and form some sort of stable might be another idea. She’s not likeable enough to be a face either so a heel turn should be on the cards.

I presume the long term plan is Rousey v Asuka for Mania 35 (hence them moving Askua to SD out of the way) but she’s got a long way to go to get there.

Soldato
Cena vs Undertaker confirmed at 'Mania then?

Cena challenged him on RAW last night and Undertaker posted on Twitter saying that Cena now has to pay with his soul. Jeez, so much for the retirement, even if it was never actually confirmed by anyone officially
I wouldn't be surprised if he came back under his American badass gimmick given that Kid Rock is being inducted into the hall of fame this year it would make sense. That way they can always say it was Roman Reigns who retired the 'dead man' version of the Undertaker.

Caporegime
I wouldn't be surprised if he came back under his American badass gimmick given that Kid Rock is being inducted into the hall of fame this year it would make sense. That way they can always say it was Roman Reigns who retired the 'dead man' version of the Undertaker.

Then after the hype of his entrance we see him be the same old, past it wrestler 5 minutes into the match =/ He just doesn't work smart, even Hogan when he was still wrestling at an older age than undertaker paced himself so he wasn't requiring an oxygen tank a few minutes in, Taker must still think he's in his 20's with the way he tries to perform in matches.

Back
Top Bottom