The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
Soldato
Yeah I was thinking specifically of the WWE title I think Kofi was Universal champ, Mark Henry and Booker ere 'World heavyweight' champions (old WCW big gold belt).
Kofi was definitely the WWE title.

Anyone tuning in to AEW tonight to see Shaq in an actual match?!

It's scheduled as first match, so will kick off at 1am. I usually stay up and watch the first 30 or 40 minutes of Dynamite, so will probably watch it live. Should be a laugh!

Soldato
Who's watching AEW Revolution tonght?

Headlined by an Exploding Barbed Wire Deathmatch (!!) between champion Kenny Omega and Jon Moxley (formerly Dean Ambrose)
As well as Sting's first match for 5 years (tag team street fight)!

My usual routine with the previous AEW Saturday PPVs is to watch the first hour or two live, then mute all my wrestling Twitter follows so I can get through the day without spoilers, then finish it all (or at least the bits I want to watch spoiler-free) on Sunday night. It's a shame it's on a Sunday this time - more because it's harder for me to sit at work on Monday without checking spoilers than it is on a workless Sunday.

Last year's Revolution was about 10 days before Covid-era crowdless shows started, and was phenomenal. They've got a 25% crowd of about 1400 for this one, so should be fairly decent crowd noise.

Soldato
was my first AEW ppv, storming stuff but let down by the *****-up finale to the main match.
sounds like Fite is a bit odd for people - i got to 1hr 35 and it just froze, thought it was buffering but i have good bandwidth now. took a bit fiddling but got there in the end.

Associate
Had a Wrestling resurgence last May when our second daughter was born - bought the WWE network and relived the monday night wars (I was a WCW guy back in the day)

Really quite liking AEW now though some good entertaining matches there.

Caporegime

Seems Hogan got some boos from the crowd which wwe tried to cover with piped in cheers. Amazing how someone can beat his wife and it's seemingly forgotten about inside a few weeks, but say the dreaded "N word" and it's going to haunt you for years. That's despite the fact that he returned at mania a few years back and it was an totally positive crowd reaction.

Soldato
It's black Thursday at WWE. So far they have axed the following people:

- Samoa Joe
- Billie Kay
- Peyton Royce
- Bo Dallas
- Kalisto
- Chelsea Green
- Tucker
- Wesley Blake
- Mickie James

The last three don't surprise me, Mickie James was only a part timer and was used to get some of the newer talent over due to her name value. Tucker although a talented big guy he's clearly surplus to requirements but axing Samoa Joe and the Iconic's is a big surprise to me Joe was an excellent color commentator and Billy and Peyton offered something different in the women's division (such having personalities). Gutted to see Bo Dallas go, I thought they might repackage him and pair him up with either Bray or Alexa.

Soldato
I dont know why Samoa Joe hasnt been on the roster as of the last year (I believe he had a couple of concussions and had a suspension) but i really missed seeing him working. He is a great worker and really didnt get the push he deserved. If he goes to AEW then i will certainly be watching that more.

AEW would be stupid not to sign Mickie James as well. She has always been a great worker and a big inspiration to the younger female talent in the locker room.

Caporegime
WWE put these down to "budget cuts" apparently, thats ignoring the billion plus they got for selling their network. Vince is really scraping by these days. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom