The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Associate
Didn't that happen about 4 years ago when he had that first Wrestlemania match with Reigns and the abomination of a match with Goldberg?
Yeah, I think that and the tag team debacle with Kane, HBK and Triple H (although the Goldberg one was scary because of how close to physical disaster that one was). I think there was still an element of wanting to go out on a high, but the body just not being up to it. That AJ Styles movie match was probably a blessing in disguise. Absolute legend of the industry though and his love for it comes through.

Man of Honour
OP
Couple of TV spots Austin has done in the last week, he looks in great shape now. I reckon he could actually wrestle as opposed to just having a spot that gets physical

Associate
Couple of TV spots Austin has done in the last week, he looks in great shape now. I reckon he could actually wrestle as opposed to just having a spot that gets physical

I think either Steve might not have been 100% cleared for a full on wrestling match or he might not have been fully sure that he'd be able to deliver on the promise of a full on wrestling match. Either way, he's definately been selling the segment as more than just a KO show, so I expect it'll be a 5+ minute brawl ending with a vintage kick and stunner.

Soldato
I think either Steve might not have been 100% cleared for a full on wrestling match or he might not have been fully sure that he'd be able to deliver on the promise of a full on wrestling match. Either way, he's definately been selling the segment as more than just a KO show, so I expect it'll be a 5+ minute brawl ending with a vintage kick and stunner.
That would make sense. Austin has always been very proud of his career and not wanted it to be tarnished by a terrible match he would inevitably have at his age. Jericho should take note.

Soldato
That would make sense. Austin has always been very proud of his career and not wanted it to be tarnished by a terrible match he would inevitably have at his age. Jericho should take note.
Jericho just had what some people thought was the best match on the Revolution card like two weeks ago :D

Austin's last match was against Rock, and he's very protective over that. I would be shocked to see him in an actual match ever.

Soldato
I knew that was coming. I said as much at the time too. However it was out of the blue and certainly not been the norm for him over the past couple of years.
He'd been a bit crap all around since turning babyface. The new Sports Entertainer gimmick is golden though: I reckon he's going to be seriously entertaining for the next 6 months or so.

Soldato
He'd been a bit crap all around since turning babyface. The new Sports Entertainer gimmick is golden though: I reckon he's going to be seriously entertaining for the next 6 months or so.

Agree he's far better as heel. He needs to stop commentating too, because it's awful. Can't say I'm a fan of hearing the insider terms on the show but the concept could work.

Soldato
Anyone watch Wrestlemania night 1?

I didn't, but I was so intrigued by Cody's return that I signed up for wwe network just to watch that match. It was pretty good. I enjoyed Seth's shtick throughout.

Think Cody's going to be huge for wwe. Though I'll not be keeping the Network subscription to watch it: holy **** is the wwe presentation style annoying :D

Man of Honour
OP
Wrestlemania needs to go back to one night. Two reasons…one, the card is filled with pointless matches that don’t feel worthy of ‘mania, like the Knoxville match and Pat McAfee. Two, and most importantly, the fans just don’t really care by night two. They’re all cheered out so the matches that deserve the big crowd engagement just feel lacking as the fans don’t have that same energy they do for night one.

Soldato
The physical condition of the rock compared to his peers such as Austin and Taker really does prove the benefits of a short career lol

Not necessarily, rock is an actor who needs to stay in peak shape if he wants to get paid, simple as that - as soon as he loses his physique he will stop getting casted

Associate
I watched Codys match and Austins, was great just for Nostalgia to see Austin wrestle one final time, that being said i really cant get into WWE these days, i prefer AEW and NJPW so much more.

i saw Vinnie Mac took the worst ever Stunner last night lol

Soldato
I was bit surprised Flair went over Rousey but that thinking about it some more that was probably the right call. With Ronda being a mother she probably doesn't want to commit to a full time schedule so keeping the belt in Flair and giving Flair a big win makes sense (weak finish though). Cody Rhodes could be a big in WWE, not sure if they will give him the rub over Reigns just yet but there are plenty of people he can work with and make everyone look good. Some of the other matches though.........the lack of planning and creating new genuine stars is really starting to show now although they don't help themselves by making this a 2 night event.

Soldato
I've not watched a WM since XIX, when did they go to two nights and what was the reasoning behind it?
First one was in 2020 when they filmed in the WWE Performance Centre with no crowd. I'm not sure why they did it, tbh, but it's stuck since.

It made some sense last year as they could only have something like 25,000 fans in the stadium due to social distancing, but not sure why they did it again really.

Associate
I've not watched a WM since XIX, when did they go to two nights and what was the reasoning behind it?

i think they stuck with it because New Japan has Wrestle Kingdom over 2 nights, seemed to be pretty much straight after they did it WWE followed but i could be wrong

Caporegime
Vince sold that stunner like a zombie ffs. Why agree to do something in the ring if you're not upto it? Gets the kick, falls to his knees gets back up, stumbles back against the ropes then takes the stunner by crumbling slowly down to his knees.

He looks ancient and is doddering about like something that just got reanimated after a thousand year slumber. Yes he's 76 but that just goes to reinforce what i said earlier, if you're not capable why do it? Even mick foley was pishing himself laughing at how bad it was.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/talksp...-mcmahon-stunner-stone-cold-steve-austin/amp/

Also this 2 night thing needs to die a death, all it does is make the Saturday show seem like a pre-show with the main show on Sunday night as always.

Associate
i think they stuck with it because New Japan has Wrestle Kingdom over 2 nights, seemed to be pretty much straight after they did it WWE followed but i could be wrong

And for those that don't watch NJPW, many/most of its PPV are over multiple days. Some even 3 or 4 (over 2 or more weeks, possibly each night in a different location). And most of the matches are also filler, with multi-man tag matches between wrestlers that will compete in other nights.

I'm sure WWE is doing it for money, as they can sell more tickets. Being in the UK, I appreciate not having to watch 8 hours of Wrestlemania on a Monday. It'd be nice if the matches weren't also filler, but thats been a problem for WWE/WM since a while now. We just need Vince gone.

Back
Top Bottom