The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
Can someone fill me in the cliffs with what's going on with Aew and punk etc?
Punk won the AEW title for a second time on the PPV Sunday night. In the subsequent media scrum he went off on one about Colt Cabana (re: the legal issues from a few years back), buried the former champion Adam Page for being disrespectful (he apparently upset Punk when he alluded to the Cabana issue in an unscripted promo months ago), laid into the company's young talent, and went in HARD on company EVPs Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, who he accused of planting stories about him in the wrestling dirtsheets (all of whom have since said they didn't get stories from those guys).

He said his door was open if anyone had a problem with him.

The Bucks and Kenny did have a problem, so went to his dressing room to hammer it out, where Punk and colleague Ace Steel threw punches, chairs and bit Kenny and the Bucks.

This happened with the media scrum ongoing (there's footage of a security guy running off to deal with it during Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland's portion), and CEO Tony Khan unaware as he was on the desk fielding questions.

Apparently, Punk actually got injured in the match anyway, so faces a chunk of time out regardless of sacking or suspension (worth noting his first title reign, which he won ~3 months ago, was interrupted by injuring himself on the first weekly Dynamite show after the PPV when he jumped into the crowd.

Soldato
Punk won the AEW title for a second time on the PPV Sunday night. In the subsequent media scrum he went off on one about Colt Cabana (re: the legal issues from a few years back), buried the former champion Adam Page for being disrespectful (he apparently upset Punk when he alluded to the Cabana issue in an unscripted promo months ago), laid into the company's young talent, and went in HARD on company EVPs Kenny Omega and the Young Bucks, who he accused of planting stories about him in the wrestling dirtsheets (all of whom have since said they didn't get stories from those guys).

He said his door was open if anyone had a problem with him.

The Bucks and Kenny did have a problem, so went to his dressing room to hammer it out, where Punk and colleague Ace Steel threw punches, chairs and bit Kenny and the Bucks.

This happened with the media scrum ongoing (there's footage of a security guy running off to deal with it during Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland's portion), and CEO Tony Khan unaware as he was on the desk fielding questions.

Apparently, Punk actually got injured in the match anyway, so faces a chunk of time out regardless of sacking or suspension (worth noting his first title reign, which he won ~3 months ago, was interrupted by injuring himself on the first weekly Dynamite show after the PPV when he jumped into the crowd.
Okay cool, sooooooo, Punk still a butt hurt bitch then is what it's about lol.

Associate
If this isn't a work, they need to try to turn it into a work and make some mega dollar.

If its a work, it makes the company look weak. But then MJF already made them look weak with his 'whatever' it was. I still think MFJ was a shoot till some point and then became a work, but not sure exactly when it became a work. The company still looks weak, even if all of this year was a work.

If Tiny couldn't control his fave wrestler, Punk, when sat right next to him ranting about Tiny's previous fave wrestlers (the Elite), I don't think he has any scope or ability to turn the Punk/Elite into a work that works, without issues.

Soldato
Didn't even realise Survivor Series was on last night which along with the rumble is 2 of "big 4" ppv's i religiously watch. Virtually zero interest in this anymore.
Same here.

The fact they no longer need to earn PPV buys shows. AEW seem to always try at least in their PPV's I feel

The Survivor Series gimmick is what made it good, now it is just a "In Your House" card. It is like the Royal Rumble not having a rumble.

VKM has done irreparable damage IMO. The brand for me at least is finished.

Associate
Looks like Regal might be going back to WWE. Might need a bit of course-correcting with the MJF storyline.

Anyone watching AEW? What are your thoughts on this best of 7 between Death Triangle and The Elite? I thought it would be boring, but I must admit, they're doing a great job of keeping the matches entertaining. I hope it goes 3-3 with a ladder match as a decider.

House of Black back is good fun too.

AEW's issue at the moment is the confusion between this whole ROH stuff and where it lies within the company. They've also got a huggggge roster at the moment.

Soldato
best of 7 has been cracking. last PPV was typically stellar, AEW knock it out the park every time.

hope all is well w/ Malakai, was having a rough time.

will be sad if Regal goes, has always been a fave of mine.

Associate
best of 7 has been cracking. last PPV was typically stellar, AEW knock it out the park every time.

hope all is well w/ Malakai, was having a rough time.

will be sad if Regal goes, has always been a fave of mine.
House of Black being back is awesome. Ever more so that they just seem to be going after any comedic style wrestlers.

Regal is brilliant on the mic. I feel the BCC has had its day though.

And yes, those 6 guys can put on a performance! 3 matches in - I'm not sure how they can top what they've been doing but it's been entertaining each time.

Soldato
not sure how much changed due to Regal's [real??] WWE return, but i think it might have been better to have another group feud w/ the BCC, maybe House of Black or MJF getting a better faction. Maybe bringing Miro into the mix would have been cool, dunno what's happening w/ him :-/

Back
Top Bottom