The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
Watched a few bits over the past few days from Wrestlemania weekend. First time I've gone out of my way to watch WWE for about 10 years or so at least. It's horrible. I don't see how anyone could watch it really, why do the cameras switch so much during matches and why do they quickly zoom-in and out during wrestlers throwing punches and the like? I watched the Cody match (really good match), Austin and the Lesnar/Reigns match (which must have been cut due to time). Agree with everything that's been said and to add further that it's so far removed from what I'd call proffessional wrestling that it may as well not have any actual wrestling anymore and just be entertainment. Even if I don't find it entertaining either.

I did also watch some of the ROH show too and FTR vs. the Briscoes was probably one of the best tag-team matches I've seen. Absolutely brilliant stuff from both teams.

Associate
The Mrs and I have started watching AEW as we need some mindless nonsense to watch when feeding our twins.

It's so much better than WWE and has reignited my enjoyment for wrestling. It's daft athletic pantomime, but when done right, it's good fun.

Soldato
BREAKING NEWS

Stephanie McMahon named as the interim Chairwoman of WWE

For those not following the wrestling news closely Vinnie MacDaddy is being investigated by the board of directors for using company money to pay off a former employee he had an affair with a couple of years ago. She was working as a para legal earning $100k a year and then out the blue she got promoted to director which doubled her salary. This happened at a time when WWE was making significant cuts to it's workforce, Vince's right hand man John Laryngitis is also involved.

Associate
BREAKING NEWS

Stephanie McMahon named as the interim Chairwoman of WWE

For those not following the wrestling news closely Vinnie MacDaddy is being investigated by the board of directors for using company money to pay off a former employee he had an affair with a couple of years ago. She was working as a para legal earning $100k a year and then out the blue she got promoted to director which doubled her salary. This happened at a time when WWE was making significant cuts to it's workforce, Vince's right hand man John Laryngitis is also involved.

From what I read lat night, he paid from his own personal money, but regardless he was still being investigated by the board. And it has happened more than once, according to reports. And Vince might have seperated from his wife sometime back (although not divorced), so maybe its something Linda (his wife) knew about.

Soldato
Honestly, I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened sooner. Hopefully he gets everything he deserves. In other news this week Jeff Hardy gets caught with a DUI charge.

Soldato
Honestly, I'm surprised something like this hasn't happened sooner. Hopefully he gets everything he deserves. In other news this week Jeff Hardy gets caught with a DUI charge.
Well apparently him and his wife are longer together. If she takes him to divorce court he's going to taken to the cleaners. But yeah I'm amazed this hasn't happened sooner and as is case with stories like this you get slow trickle of further scandals as more women come forward.

Soldato
Lets be honest here with all the scandals and metoo stuff that has been going around the last 5 years or so how 1000 stories haven't come out of wrestling circles is amazing really cos behind the scenes you can guarantee most of the guys in the 80's and 90's would be cancelled now for good!

Vince you suspect would have more skeletons in his closet than a cemetery if they all started coming forward.

Soldato

Yeah.

And that's now up to Sasha Banks has been released! Insane!
During the May 16 episode of Raw, Banks and Naomi reportedly walked out on WWE after a meeting with Vince McMahon due to a creative dispute.[283] WWE released an official statement claiming that the two "walked into WWE Head of Talent Relations John Laurinaitis' office with their suitcases in hand, placed their tag team championship belts on his desk and walked out".[284] The two were originally booked for the show's main event, which had to be reworked.[283] On the following episode of SmackDown, it was announced that Banks and Naomi had been suspended indefinitely, therefore vacating the titles.[285]

wiki pedia. states they left.

Soldato
And Vince McMahon has retired via a tweet after the markets close!

Official Statement from WWE Corporate:

STAMFORD, Conn., July 22, 2022 – Vince McMahon today released the following statement:
“As I approach 77 years old, I feel it’s time for me to retire as Chairman and CEO of WWE. Throughout the years, it’s been a privilege to help WWE bring you joy, inspire you, thrill you, surprise you, and always entertain you. I would like to thank my family for mightily contributing to our success, and I would also like to thank all of our past and present Superstars and employees for their dedication and passion for our brand. Most importantly, I would like to thank our fans for allowing us into your homes every week and being your choice of entertainment. I hold the deepest appreciation and admiration for our generations of fans all over the world who have liked, currently like, and sometimes even love our form of Sports Entertainment.
“Our global audience can take comfort in knowing WWE will continue to entertain you with the same fervor, dedication, and passion as always. I am extremely confident in the continued success of WWE, and I leave our company in the capable hands of an extraordinary group of Superstars, employees, and executives – in particular, both Chairwoman and Co-CEO Stephanie McMahon and Co-CEO Nick Khan. As the majority shareholder, I will continue to support WWE in any way I can. My personal thanks to our community and business partners, shareholders, and Board of Directors for their guidance and support through the years. Then. Now. Forever. Together.”

Stephanie McMahon and Nick Khan are Co-CEO's (can they co-exist!? :D ) and HHH is back as EVP of Talent Relations.

Now we wait for the WSJ bombs to drop...

Soldato
Who knows!? With Brock seemingly gone (quoted as saying 'If he's gone, I'm gone') they are scrambling for Summerslam next week and trying to get Goldberg in a rush. Gonna be a messy few weeks before they get sorted I'd wager.

Caporegime
Never realised summerslam was on last night, which shows the level of interest I have in this crap. One of the few times it's been on in July, its generally around mid August.

Back
Top Bottom