The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Associate
And even spicier since Stephanie resigned it appears Vince has sold WWE to Saudi.

ninja'd by seconds. I guess that means all the pet projects HHH brought back are about to be out again. Maybe time for an AJPW style exodus.

Last edited:
Soldato
You've got to reckon that every one who stood up and refused to go to the shows would probably leave the company as soon as their contract allows, if the sell goes through. i'm still kinda dubious though, i just can't see VKM letting it leave the family.

Soldato
You've got to reckon that every one who stood up and refused to go to the shows would probably leave the company as soon as their contract allows, if the sell goes through. i'm still kinda dubious though, i just can't see VKM letting it leave the family.
He basically has no family though. Shane is blacklisted and Steph apparently wants nothing to do with it seemingly. No other options, right?

Associate
AEW Revolution this weekend.

Say what you want about it, but AEW has reignited my enjoyment of wrestling. Suspend your disbelief and it's incredibly entertaining at times.

Associate
Agreed, was a very good show, highlights for me were House of Black, MJF vs Danielson and the Texas Death Match.
House of Black vs Elite was a really, really good match. I didn't think they'd be able to top it... And then we got MJF vs Danielson.

It takes some special wrestling talent to make an iron man match as enjoyable as that was. Even my Mrs was getting involved towards the end when it went into overtime. That was a match for the ages.

Associate
House of Black vs Elite was a really, really good match. I didn't think they'd be able to top it... And then we got MJF vs Danielson.

It takes some special wrestling talent to make an iron man match as enjoyable as that was. Even my Mrs was getting involved towards the end when it went into overtime. That was a match for the ages.
Agreed, I had some reservations with the iron man match as it's a big ask to hold attention for a straight hour but was really well paced.

Caporegime
2000-2003 I was 18-21 and really big in to WWF/WWE, I stopped watching near the start of the ruthless aggression era. I remember being so happy when Kurt Angle won the championship from Stone Cold at the pay per view after 9/11, I was punching the air.

Without watching RAW and Smackdown i've been somehow managing to follow the return of Cody Rhodes, the Sami Zayn story and the Bloodline stuff.

I always knew it was 'fake' (pre-determined outcomes), I'm not stupid and respect the athleticism, but occasionally I get a pang to watch wrestling again, So without knowing any of the outcomes, I watched night two of Wrestlemania pretty much from start to finish.

But every time I do, I just think it's supremely silly. It's something I can never get back in to.

People were raving about how good the intercontinental match was, but to be honest all I could see was 3 men in pants slapping each others chests and pretending to punch each other with the occasional big move :(

The backstage politics always intrigued me, I still occasionally listen to podcasts with Jim Ross, Foley, Jim Cornette etc but the actual action - I just can't do it anymore. I wish I could have that passion for it from my younger years again.

Soldato
I just rarely watch matches now just keep up with stuff via Whatculture Wrestling on Youtube etc.

That said i did see Shane O'Mac blow out his ankle/quads within seconds of doing a move in the match with The Miz on Night 2.. :cry:

Back
Top Bottom