The Big WWE Wrestling Thread

Soldato
if it's anything like gigs i've been to, sometimes good tickets are released in tranches. i went on presale for Hydro tickets and there was rubbish so wasn't going to bother. had a last random check a few weeks before the gig and scored row M tickets fairly central. just another thing that takes all the fun out of gig-going these days.
having said that, the rate AEW are selling i doubt there'll be be much left for 2nd tranches after this week, lol. except for all thgood stuff TB probably hived off onto their scalper sites.

Soldato
Damn! AJ vs Rollins for the new title in Saudi.. Thats going to be a fantastic match.. Personally, i REALLY hope they give AJ a good long run as champ before he retires.. I would love to see him being a fighting champ like Brett was when he won the title from Flair.

Associate
I’m not big into wrestling all that much anymore, however, I do like the documentaries that WWE do.

Just finished watching the Cody Rhodes one. It’s fantastic. Really worth a watch. The Kurt Angle one is good too as it shows the good and really bad side of the business.

Associate
If you like the documentaries check out "dark side of the ring", be prepared for some sad stories but very well made and interesting

It's made by vice TV not WWE so is a bit more impartial

Soldato
So quick question about all in, (I know it's a wwe thread, but seems to have shifted slightly to wrestling in general).

I've not been to a ticket master event since they switched to phone tickets. I'm going with my brother, to get tickets together it has to be one order, so the tickets are on his phone. We are arriving together, I assume two tickets, one phone is fine? I would assume so, as I don't see any complaints about it online (+familys with kids will likely be one phone multiple tickets), but as there is an option in the app to send tickets, just checking ticketmaster aren't going to be trying to strongarm people into getting their app for one ticket, one phone.

Thanks.

Associate
I've been wondering the same thing, I've always printed tickets in the past, this ticketless system makes me a bit nervous

I have 4 tickets on my Ticketmaster account and I don't have a Google account so can't and don't want to download their app

Associate
i went to money in the bank, that wasnt through ticketmaster but was the same process and i used one phone for two tickets with no issues. I will be using one phone for 4 tickets at all in, i cant imagine it being a issue as its just a barcode you scan

Soldato
i've just been struggling w/ the app myself, loathe this tie-you-to-your-phone practice. I don't believe they'd give a damn about you, as long as what you're showing them on the phone are legit tickets, but if you ask them on their live chat thing you'll get an answer back quick if it's anything like me - i got a reply the next day.

Caporegime
Funk’s death matches with Foley were brutal but brilliant. I remember the Japanese ones where they had C4 explosives, spike boards and barbed wire ropes in the ring. They seemed to try to outdo each other on who could take more punishment.

Very much a hardcore legend, RIP

Soldato
Growing up initially with WWF/E I used to be a big fan and meticulously bought Pro Wrestling Illustrated and there were often articles and pictures of his brutal matches. A few years later I could afford to buy videos of other brands such as NWA/WCW and ECW and I eventually got to see some of his matches along with Sabu, RVD, Cactus Jack and some of the more hardcore wrestlers and he was insane. By all accounts he was incredibly hard working and a decent guy that often mentored younger talent (I believe Mick Foley was his main student/friend) I really should either dig out or try and download some old matches from that era. I believe he had been suffering from dementia for a couple of years.

Ooops almost forgot to mention. He was in one of my favourite movies ever. Road House!

RIP

Last edited:
Soldato
Massive shock, I know he’s been off tv for a while dealing with an illness but you don’t expect this :(

Eerie similarities with Brodie Lee (Luke Harper) as well. He disappeared from AEW with an illness and also passed away a few months later.

Had a genius mind for creating new characters for himself, most of which WWE eventually dropped the ball on sadly.

RIP Windham.

Soldato
Thanks for the replies about tickets. Will just leave 2 on one phone.

I have another ticketmaster question for those more familiar with the app. Doesn't really matter, as you can just use the app itself, but it says you can save the tickets to the googlewallet, just incase there are any connectivity problems, except there's no option :confused:

I thought he must just be missing it, but I've been and checked and there's nothing under the tickets saying add to wallet or similar. Ticketmasters site is useless, and just tells you can and how to, but no help for troubleshooting. Only thing I can think it can be is, either the UK app is just bad or the email he signed up to ticketmaster is not a google one. Seems a bit silly if that's the cause, would think there would be an option or something to "link" your tickmaster account to a google account. No big deal, can just use the app, but a offline backup just in case would have been nice.

Paper tickets need to make a come back. No fuss, no apps, no nonsense.

Also rip Bray Wyatt. Always over, but seemed like he could have been bigger. Also thought he should have been the one to break takers streak at the mania he faced him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom