The Book of Boba Fett - Star Wars Series (Disney)

Associate
Oh I was going to ask about episodes. If it's one a week I'll wait and then blitz them all.

You'll need to stay off the Internet entirely then for, er... 5, 7 more weeks? (Can't remember if it's 6 or 8 eps). As if there's any secret cameos, etc, it'll be all over the place in short order, and you'll miss out on catching it "live" potentially and ruin the surprise.

Man of Honour
It was OK, nothing ‘gripping’ yet - however he survives his captors isn’t particularly intriguing.

Boba seems more ‘warrior brute’ than anything else, so far.

Soldato
It was fine. I don't really feel we needed an episode about his survival particularly as the first one.

They needed to address it immediately IMO, pretty much every question from the first time he appeared in the Mandorian was how he survived. In reality for those who watched the mandalorian this isn’t the first episode.

Man of Honour
Whhhhaaat, of course we did, more so than anything. The last we saw of him was falling into the belly of the sarlac.
They needed to address it immediately IMO, pretty much every question from the first time he appeared in the Mandorian was how he survived. In reality for those who watched the mandalorian this isn’t the first episode.
Perhaps @iamtheoneneo, like me, is regarding that most of the episode was him surviving with the Tuscan Raiders. The Sarlac scene was only 2-3 minutes.

Soldato
Whhhhaaat, of course we did, more so than anything. The last we saw of him was falling into the belly of the sarlac.
No. The last we saw of him he was alive and well and kicking ass in the mandalorian. His explanation of how he escaped in that series was enough tbh we didn't need to see it or the follow up to how he was released.

We know he's alive, we know he's taken over the palace so instead of following that they decide to spend most of the episode on a plot point that's completely irrelevant to his current situation.

Soldato
No. The last we saw of him he was alive and well and kicking ass in the mandalorian. His explanation of how he escaped in that series was enough tbh we didn't need to see it or the follow up to how he was released.

We know he's alive, we know he's taken over the palace so instead of following that they decide to spend most of the episode on a plot point that's completely irrelevant to his current situation.

Completely disagree, 5 years have passed return of the Jedi, we need to see what has changed from him being a pure bounty hunter. Also not everyone would have watched Mando, they need to cater for all. Some will have dived in for the first time, having only watched the movies.

Soldato
I thought it was a GREAT opening scene!!! Really took me back to the original trilogy - i was giddy when i realised what we were seeing!

Although, looking at that meme, it would have been great if he had jet packed out of there too :)

Man of Honour
Well I guess that's how long it took him to climb out if a belly. What were you expecting a week's worth of content with him just sat there pondering life ?
I’d have rather had the sarlac scene and then just jump to his current situation where he’s out collecting monies. The problem with “… this is what previously happened” stories, for me, is that they lack the tension and excitement of ‘what will happen next in this immediately developing story’.

I have no particularly strong feelings on the series as a whole though, the first episode was watchable and has some promise, if Mando is anything to go by.

Associate
I'm actually surprised on the positivity of the views on here as a whole. Genuinely I thought it was cack, fight scene with the shields was laughably bad. It's Boba Fett for gods sake and he get's his backside handed to him over and over again. Can't he actually fight hand to hand? He fought like the pub drunk! The Stick fight with the Tusken he fought with all the guile of a farmer. Then the fight against the four armed sand monster, clash of titans level for me. Jango fighting in the prequels was better than any of this.

But most of all though all this stuff is the unmasking of Boba, should never have happened regardless of whether he's not a true mando. He's lost his menace, his side kick is better and more believable.

Fingers crossed it gets better because I found it all over the place but glad so many of you enjoyed it. So I'm in the minority clearly.

Caporegime
I'm actually surprised on the positivity of the views on here as a whole. Genuinely I thought it was cack, fight scene with the shields was laughably bad. It's Boba Fett for gods sake and he get's his backside handed to him over and over again. Can't he actually fight hand to hand? He fought like the pub drunk! The Stick fight with the Tusken he fought with all the guile of a farmer. Then the fight against the four armed sand monster, clash of titans level for me. Jango fighting in the prequels was better than any of this.

But most of all though all this stuff is the unmasking of Boba, should never have happened regardless of whether he's not a true mando. He's lost his menace, his side kick is better and more believable.

Fingers crossed it gets better because I found it all over the place but glad so many of you enjoyed it. So I'm in the minority clearly.

I would have thought him in the tank trying to heal injuries would be an obvious explanation as to why he's not at 100% in this. :confused: It's one episode, i would imagine as he heals properly his fights will get better.

Back
Top Bottom