The Book of Boba Fett - Star Wars Series (Disney)

Caporegime
Couple of bits I don't disagree with - the escape from the Sarlacc could have been done far more imaginatively and some other elements were poorly developed. But overall I think the reviewer missed the intention with a lot of it - maybe - depending on how they develop some aspects of it over the next couple of episodes.

I think a poor decision by Disney not to release at least a 2 if not 3 part premiere though before going weekly if they really insist on weekly - as I think some of the threads leave people more bemused than anything and not necessarily seeing the show favourably at this point.

It's only a 7 episode series from what i read, Disney don't want to spaff out half the content in a single sitting.

Associate
It's only a 7 episode series from what i read, Disney don't want to spaff out half the content in a single sitting.

It's the future for streamed content now there is this much competition. They have the best plan tbh, release weekly content series after series and people can't really cancel. Or they can and have it spoilt for them. I like it personally, binge watching I tend to switch off more.

Soldato
Jeez, that article was a bit harsh. It was a good episode. I think this is why I never really read reviews. They are mainly fawning over something or slating it so much. Never really an in between.
In my opinion, Mandalorioans and Bobba are trained in combat but mainly rely on their armour, weapons and gadgets. They are not superheroes. Just normal people without it all, yeah they can fight but having 4-5 enemies set upon you does seem a tad harder to defeat without help.
Isn't the lore something like they can go one on one with a jedi, but it's due to the armour being lightsaber proof (assuming made of mandolorian steel or whatever its called).

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Enjoyed it, although could have easily been an episode of the Mandalorian and I wouldn’t have noticed.

Thought that the reliance on the bacta-pod undermined him as a character.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Yeah, but my point was he had a light skirmish and had to be carried in to the bacta-pod, like an old lady.

Given he was once this feared bounty hunter with some mando armour, it felt a bit convenient.

Caporegime
Yeah, but my point was he had a light skirmish and had to be carried in to the bacta-pod, like an old lady.

Given he was once this feared bounty hunter with some mando armour, it felt a bit convenient.

Probably because his regen cycle was interrupted so he wasn't really firing on all cylinders.

Associate
I can understand why some people maybe disappointed with the episode. There were parts I did like and others I wasn't as bothered for.

It was always going to be a hard act to follow with myself loving the mandalorian so much. As others have said it was still better than the recent films.

Hopefully as the series goes on it will get better and better, dissapointing if only a 7 episode series though.

The main thing I didn't like and this maybe really random to some people, but I didn't like the sand people's head man and women. I like my bog standard tuskan raiders so didn't like the two characters at all. Infact a couple of the sand people looked a bit different to the usual fair which I didn't really like.

There wasn't really any new characters that had any appeal. I thought the Gamorrean guards looked abit poor as well. They are normally abit more stocky and built.

Caporegime
I don't mind Boba being older and more fragile.
It's a bit hard to understand how he replaced Bib Fortuna, certainly not through "smarts" and naked violence seems the right way but doesn't fit well with how crippled he is. . relatively speaking..... I hope it will explain in detail. I didn't already miss it did I? Lol a line in passing.

Maybe he will give a home to the rest of the exiled mamdalorians, let them live in the rancoor pit, being his fo to muscle Boyz.
One can only hope...
Tho that really doesn't fit the narrative at all :p

I should probably read all the EU and canon stuff I'd get answers for myself.

Ok apparently an after credit scene explaines it all on mamdalorian. Memory like a goldfish.

Last edited:
Associate
I’m not sure I agree, for example Darth Vader was reliant on a life support pod/meditation chamber and that didn’t undermine his character.

The pod/chamber was training to ditch the reliance the on the suit, not to keep him alive.

My problem is Fett had no menace, he's a ruthless bountry hunter spouting 'respect' rubbish. Even the Twilek that turned up couldn't give two ****s openly mocking one of the most feared bounty hunters in the galaxy. That and the actor is god awful, that doesn't help. Can't wait until he gets his new ship DiversityI. :p

Back
Top Bottom