The Book of Boba Fett - Star Wars Series (Disney)

I really enjoyed it. It, like the Mandalorian, was short in runtime but felt a lot longer (in a good way). It was filled with logical progressing scenes which added up to a compelling and good story. I liked the way it jumped time by using his dreams to explain how he escaped. Unlike I dunno, Star Trek for example where the runtime is nearer 50 mins but 90% of that screen time is mostly weeping, patting it each other on the back and "The Message".

Man of Honour
I liked it overall - some ways it could have been better - but good old fashioned story telling and took some time to expose some wider Star Wars elements - even the parkour sequence was done in a way to show off the wider area of Mos Eisley? (I assume it wasn't Espa - I wasn't paying that much attention) rather than just being an action sequence for the sake of it.

Soldato
I liked it overall - some ways it could have been better - but good old fashioned story telling and took some time to expose some wider Star Wars elements - even the parkour sequence was done in a way to show off the wider area of Mos Eisley? (I assume it wasn't Espa - I wasn't paying that much attention) rather than just being an action sequence for the sake of it.

It was Mos Espa :D:D

Soldato
I'm actually surprised on the positivity of the views on here as a whole. Genuinely I thought it was cack, fight scene with the shields was laughably bad. It's Boba Fett for gods sake and he get's his backside handed to him over and over again. Can't he actually fight hand to hand? He fought like the pub drunk! The Stick fight with the Tusken he fought with all the guile of a farmer. Then the fight against the four armed sand monster, clash of titans level for me. Jango fighting in the prequels was better than any of this.

But most of all though all this stuff is the unmasking of Boba, should never have happened regardless of whether he's not a true mando. He's lost his menace, his side kick is better and more believable.

Fingers crossed it gets better because I found it all over the place but glad so many of you enjoyed it. So I'm in the minority clearly.

Well the Tuscan fight he was a little worn down and broken. Which leads the bacta tank

Soldato
Maybe I am stuck in the past of the olden days when Boba Fett was a straight forward baddie, and an utterly inept baddie for that matter given how he ended up "dying" in RotJ, but I'm struggling to get my head around the idea that he is now some kind of cool rehabilitated anti-hero of sorts. Making a full series about him feels weird.

Caporegime
Maybe I am stuck in the past of the olden days when Boba Fett was a straight forward baddie, and an utterly inept baddie for that matter given how he ended up "dying" in RotJ, but I'm struggling to get my head around the idea that he is now some kind of cool rehabilitated anti-hero of sorts. Making a full series about him feels weird.
he was cool even in the 80s though?

Soldato
he was cool even in the 80s though?

Maybe it was because I was like 11 when I saw ESB and 13 for RotJ, when Boba Fett was nothing but an antagonist, and as I say ending up bouncing off the side of a barge like a clown. I know I've probably missed load of book lore to underpin his rehabilitation, but I've personally never seen him as anything other than an ahole tbh.

Soldato
As a kid seeing empire strikes back I could not get enough of him. I always found it a shame how at the time they killed him off in such a goofy way.

Well I am just loving whatever I get!

Associate
I would have thought him in the tank trying to heal injuries would be an obvious explanation as to why he's not at 100% in this. :confused: It's one episode, i would imagine as he heals properly his fights will get better.

He was looking pretty healed in the fight with the shield men. Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong and Boba Fett wasn't actually badass in the first place like I thought as a kid and is as someone else pointed out in this thread actually just not that good as per his looney tunes beating in rotj. After all he wasn't even trained clone or properly trained as a Mando or by Jango. So maybe it isn't that surprising the gamorean guards (times are hard they have been dieting since jabba died) fought better than he did.

Anyway these points sum it up far better than I do:

https://www.sfgate.com/culture-colu...Boba-Fett-Premiere-Was-The-Worst-16738851.php

Temuera Morrison is woeful and as it says in the article just a dour old man with none of the emotion Pedro portrays without removing his helmet.

Soldato
Jeez, that article was a bit harsh. It was a good episode. I think this is why I never really read reviews. They are mainly fawning over something or slating it so much. Never really an in between.
In my opinion, Mandalorioans and Bobba are trained in combat but mainly rely on their armour, weapons and gadgets. They are not superheroes. Just normal people without it all, yeah they can fight but having 4-5 enemies set upon you does seem a tad harder to defeat without help.

Caporegime
He was looking pretty healed in the fight with the shield men. Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong and Boba Fett wasn't actually badass in the first place like I thought as a kid and is as someone else pointed out in this thread actually just not that good as per his looney tunes beating in rotj. After all he wasn't even trained clone or properly trained as a Mando or by Jango. So maybe it isn't that surprising the gamorean guards (times are hard they have been dieting since jabba died) fought better than he did.

Anyway these points sum it up far better than I do:

https://www.sfgate.com/culture-colu...Boba-Fett-Premiere-Was-The-Worst-16738851.php

Temuera Morrison is woeful and as it says in the article just a dour old man with none of the emotion Pedro portrays without removing his helmet.

Think you need to go and rewatch the episode if you think he was looking "healed" in that fight. Immediately after he has to get rushed back to the tank.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Couple of bits I don't disagree with - the escape from the Sarlacc could have been done far more imaginatively and some other elements were poorly developed. But overall I think the reviewer missed the intention with a lot of it - maybe - depending on how they develop some aspects of it over the next couple of episodes.

I think a poor decision by Disney not to release at least a 2 if not 3 part premiere though before going weekly if they really insist on weekly - as I think some of the threads leave people more bemused than anything and not necessarily seeing the show favourably at this point.

Soldato
What was shown will almost certainly be significant in future episodes, that we can be certain about.

People just get het up because the whole story isn’t set out in a single 30-40 min episode and go and keyboard warrior all over the internet.

Back
Top Bottom