The Book of Boba Fett - Star Wars Series (Disney)

Man of Honour
yeah this :p

CGI Luke got a bit jarring towards the end, whilst its good it doesn't convince 100%, Is this the "temple" where he will train future trilogy Ben? Interesting.
Its dumb that it looks like his future hideout hermit hut/village.... Thats is utterly illogical?
Ahsoka and Cad Bane, almost got the voice right (lol!!!) More of a nostalgia ride than anything else, but i dont mind it wipes the floor with anything modern star wars.
ill put this nicely as well but Mando comes across as completely mentally retarded. The simplistic devotion he has to his cult ways.... almost ridiculous.
Show down episode 7? Who's gonna come to save the day, please god dont be little chainmail Grogu spewing out force lightning and choking 100s of Pike goons (would be funny)

I mean one episode of live action television featured: Cad Bane, Boba Fett, Black Krrsantyn, Din Djarin, Grogu, Luke Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Cobb Vanth, Fennec Shand, Yoda’s lightsaber, an Order 66 flashback and R2-D2!!!

Agreed, wipes the floor with the sequel nonsense.

Man of Honour
I think something which is hurting it a bit is that they are trying to cover so many different audiences - both adult and child, fan service for at least 2-3 different groups of fans as well as have some appeal for people who've never really watched Star Wars before.

Soldato
Outstanding episode.

Strange there was no reveal of Luke, he just sort of appeared in a next shot as if he were a regular character! The effects were fantastic.

Bit disappointed that Luke forced that choice on Groku though :(

And back to Boba - bleurgh.

Associate
I suspect given what we have, that besides Freetown citizens joining in the fight. Given that the Syndicate appears to have hired some muscle of their own, the fight may go slowly against Boba's side. And given that Grogu appears to be returning for Mandalorian Season 3, this may mean that Grogu needs to be returned to Mando. Meaning Luke himself may turn up at Tatooine and join in the fight at the end when returning Grogu to Mando where they were last known to be heading to. Subsequently, that concern I had with Trejo's rancor trainer character will likely come to a head; if they're loyal, they'll be on Boba's side, with Boba riding the Rancor into battle. If not, they'll likely turn on Boba (and possibly the rancor too if it was a trap) and may require the "heroes" in taking them down.
Again, I'm not a fan of the "choice" that was placed on Grogu, because
1. We already did the what Grogu would choose back in Mandalorian Seasons 2 Episode 6. If he didn't "want" to reach out through the Force and letting Luke find him (the choice already made), the entire point of the end of Seasons 2 seems to have been made pointless. So this choice seems like a re-tread for no reason other than to cause unnecessary drama.
2. My concern here, is they may end up doing another Doctor Who style Endless Children retcon and digging another grave again. In this case, with Luke. Luke's return last Season gave rise to a new hope. A hope that they walk their own path unhindered by the Disney sequel trilogy as the inevitible outcome or needing to "fit in" with what happens there. Because whether you like it or not. If you remain stuck to that as the inevitible, there's no point to the show. You change what's still ahead, not the past. Otherwise, everything is just pointless, and they'll only end up wasting every opportunity for every character they were able to salvage from the train wreck that was the ST.
Personally, I hope that the writers are faking out the "choice" at the end. Pretty much everyone wants Grogu to be allowed to be both a Mandalorian and a Padawan. Split Grogu's air time between The Mandalorian and as a (maybe?) backdoor for a Luke show (and any other show that wants him), like schools we have now, time off in summer (with Mando) with the rest at the Academy. Because eliminating the Jedi aspect would cut off a huge part of the fandom and legacy in one go. But eliminating the Mandalorian (new) legacy would be folly too, since that's a huge untapped resource for entertainment too.

Just my (slightly extended) thoughts after a bit more thinking of it. :)

Soldato
What a fan service

What was the name of that guy that appeared at the end? Seen him in clone wars. And did the sheriff die because he was distracted by the deputy.

I hope grogu doesn't come back to Mando. Don't think he's really needed for season 3 to succeed.

What's all this spice all about? Are they copying dune or was it always in the star wars lore?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The cg luke is looking better than ever, but does anyone else find the voice a little....disconnected? Anytime he speaks its like the voice isn't coming from the character on screen, which in reality it isn't. It's not even the lip sync that's off, hard to put my finger on it exactly, it's almost like the voice is coming from behind the character if that makes sense?

Know what you mean and exactly what I thought as I watched. Not irked by it though, however agree with the post earlier that LS wouldnt put Grogu in that position thought it was a bit of a kop out.

Caporegime
Know what you mean and exactly what I thought as I watched. Not irked by it though, however agree with the post earlier that LS wouldnt put Grogu in that position thought it was a bit of a kop out.

Terminator dark fate apparently had a scene where the young John and Sarah were talking, it was scrapped as Cameron and Miller found it unconvincing for some reason.

After thinking about it I think it sounds like the audio just sounds generic and not as if it's coming from any particular direction or distance hence it feeling disconnected from the character on screen. That's about as best I can explain it.

Soldato
Great episode I thought. I didn't know who a certain character was but a quick read up established things. The show overall is all over the place atm and it is strange that we have a lack of the Bobba.

He did make a cameo appearance I suppose.

Associate
What a fan service

What was the name of that guy that appeared at the end? Seen him in clone wars. And did the sheriff die because he was distracted by the deputy.

I hope grogu doesn't come back to Mando. Don't think he's really needed for season 3 to succeed.

What's all this spice all about? Are they copying dune or was it always in the star wars lore?

It's Cad Bane, and no way Vanth is dead. If he was dead they'd have shown it unambigously if he was

Bit of both for spice, it has been there since the first film (dumping a shipment of spice was why Greedo confronts Han in the first film and why Boba Fett wanted him frozen to return him to Jabba) but still feels like a Dune ripoff.

Caporegime
I didn't recognise the blue bad guy. Which Star wars show or cartoon is he from? I assumed he was a bounty hunter of some sort or an enforcer for the syndicate.

rp2000

Soldato
Another good episode but only because writers have given up on Boba. There is no character development of Boba and him hardy wearing his helmet takes away some of the mystery/nostalgia imo...he definitely doesn't seem the like 'cold blooded killer' he is supposed to portray.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom