The Boys (Amazon Prime)

Soldato
And as is often the case with Amazon stuff, don't forget to seek out the 4K UHD version (although to my surprise it was actually on the main screen when I checked earlier).

Looks like we get three episodes now and then the rest weekly every Friday.

Soldato
The Amazon marketing team did good work soliciting some pretty funny promos for season 2 getting YouTubers like Michael Reeves and William Osman to do some laser baby and cat training videos :D:D:D

Soldato
Wow, they're really going all out to milk season 2 for promotion and merchandising.

The Amazon page for Season 2 on desktop is highly customised compared to a normal show, packed with links for merch, halloween costumes, short extra video shorts etc.

There's even entire sub stores for brands like Vought International, the corporation from the show.

They're milking this for every penny! I hope season 2 lives up to season 1.

Associate
A bit annoyed it's only 3 episodes then weekly, kind of defeats the object of on demand, but I was OK with Better Call Saul doing that in the end.

Only watched the first series a month ago so not long to wait for me at least. Some flaws and plot holes but definitely fun to watch. Karl Urban's cockney accent is only about 20% on the Dick Van Dyke scale so still pretty bad - but somehow he makes it just about work with sheer effort.

The guy who plays Homelander is super entertaining, a highly watchable charismatic villain like Negan from the Walking Dead. Would like to see him in some more sci fi, he could play one hell of a replicant, got a Rutger Hauer quality to him.

Even the son of Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan is good in it, I predict he'll end up being a major actor in Tom Hanks style roles.

There's a big offer on Humble Bundle currently for loads of the original comics this is based on, might check that out too.

Soldato
There's a big offer on Humble Bundle currently for loads of the original comics this is based on, might check that out too.

The original comic is great. And practically unmakeable as a TV show because of the heavy emphasis on sexual deviancy. The Boys comic and TV show share DNA but they are very different other than some characters and some concepts they share very little in terms of plot and there are some really substantial deviations that are in the irreconcilable category. Both are differently excellent. I wholeheartedly recommend the comic though. There will be one major plot point that they wont change that is a spoiler for the TV show but that might be years away so don't get hung up about it. Otherwise you can read them wihtout ruining the show at least so far.

Soldato
It's great to see Gus Fring branching out into The Boys universe. I wonder if Compound V is just an analogue of the blue stuff he had Walt making in his other lab :D

Soldato
First 2 episodes watched.

Very good, but not as good as S1 so far.

• Great to see Homelander as psychotic as ever.

• Kimiko - the bit where she is chasing her brother - she jumps on him and chokes him out. Did anyone else think this scene looked really lame and acting was crap?

• Starlight - great to look at, but sh!t actress, the interaction between her and A-Train and Compound V was cringe, "If you tell on me, then a-ha! I'll tell on you"
Just not as polished as the first season - but very minor gripe :)

But then there was this highlight:

vntRYMX.png

Man of Honour
I've watched the first two episodes and loving it so far. Not quite as good as the first season but most series never are. But still a fantastic watch.

Associate
The original comic is great. And practically unmakeable as a TV show because of the heavy emphasis on sexual deviancy. The Boys comic and TV show share DNA but they are very different other than some characters and some concepts they share very little in terms of plot and there are some really substantial deviations that are in the irreconcilable category. Both are differently excellent. I wholeheartedly recommend the comic though. There will be one major plot point that they wont change that is a spoiler for the TV show but that might be years away so don't get hung up about it. Otherwise you can read them wihtout ruining the show at least so far.

Good advice, I've now got that Boys Bundle all up and running on my S10+, the full colour artwork looks amazing, really looking forward to reading them, already read some Garth Ennis work so know he can get pretty dark. Also grabbed the 2000AD bundle that expires in 3 days for old time's as sake as have read most of them way back but nice to have as digital versions.

For under £25 that's at least multiple hundreds worth of graphic novels, they did the same with Attack on Titan, 24 full volumes for £15, amazing value.

Associate
Good advice, I've now got that Boys Bundle all up and running on my S10+, the full colour artwork looks amazing, really looking forward to reading them, already read some Garth Ennis work so know he can get pretty dark. Also grabbed the 2000AD bundle that expires in 3 days for old time's as sake as have read most of them way back but nice to have as digital versions.

For under £25 that's at least multiple hundreds worth of graphic novels, they did the same with Attack on Titan, 24 full volumes for £15, amazing value.

Where could I buy those bundles?

Back
Top Bottom