The "bracket system", or "bracketing system" (as named by myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.
If no one likes reading what you type in that format then that's got to be more of a hinderence than the ambiguity of content? Your last post sounded like it was coming from Data off of star trek :/

At least data was funny. If unintentially most of the time. (tiny little life forms!)

I'm finding the way people react to the posts far more perplexing. It's almost as if there were something hidden in the brackets that make people seethe with rage.

1080065830042hr7.jpg

+10 points for playing Munchkin

Angus, I would personally prefer it if you would implement a system of footnotes rather than brackets. It makes reading much easier and much more pleasant.

I'm finding the way people react to the posts far more perplexing. It's almost as if there were something hidden in the brackets that make people seethe with rage.

He could make a monk go on a killing spree.

Possibly the single most annoying person I have met/spoken to (if you get what I mean [including various forms of communication {such as the internet <which I am currently using (to talk to you [and others{on this forum<OcUK)>}])>}])

I've read halfway through the first page.

This guy is the perfect definition of a troll, nothing else.

Wouldn't have been allowed in my day *mutter mutter*
I wouldn't mind, but he appears to lack the intelligence to put the correct name when 'signing' his posts. IIRC, his username is "Angus-Higgins" not Angus Higgins.

Hope you're taking notes, Mr H.

Angus, have you read the book 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time'?

I don't know how true to life at least the main characters' experiences/mannerisms are, but you appear to be a similar type of 'over-thinker' from the way you post, and this system you use.

It's maybe a tool for you to use, but really it's very confusing to read. Sometimes this bracketry does nothing at all, except wrap a few words which really either: a) don't need bracketing, or b) don't actually add useful information to your posts, which could otherwise be understood from the other content in said posts.

You seem to understand us well enough, with the way we all generally use standard English, so why do you assume that it helps us to understand (unless you don't know/think it does, and it's purely a habitual thing now), when you use this system?

Does anyone else think Angus might actually be dead inside?

Or a robot?

Dead robot?

Yep :) His posts read like they're made by a robot some kids found in their back yard and they're trying to ingraciate him into modern society, but first getting him on the net to make him convincing :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom