The "bracket system", or "bracketing system" (as named by myself).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Your system is basically an affront to my eyes and all that I know of as the English language. Furthermore, it seems to be a wind-up due to the inconsistencies in your so-called "system" which I'm sure you would otherwise be keen to irradicate.

Associate
OP
I agree with you Moses99p, however with two 'medical professionals' as parents they cant have missed that surley?

Angus, how do you construct verbal communication? As precise as your written, or from a more colloquial angle?

As one tends to 100% accuracy, one tends to perfection (thus I choose accuracy [to the dismay of some people {I gather}]).

Angus Higgins

Soldato
OK, this is a simple system (developed a while ago).

One merely has a scale, from minus infinity to positive infinity. One then allows every person met to be at 0. One then grades the things that the person does, adding a value for good things, and subtracting for bad things. One then can apply a scale to this value, and thus determine the status. (With large groups, one can estimate [using empirical evidence {assuming representation (and a microcosmic nature [if this is understood])}]).

Angus Higgins

How would you describe love?

Soldato
I can see from your post what you are trying to say about having different "levels" of information so that by ignoring different more extreme levels of brackets the reader can still the gist of the post just with differing levels of details.

The problem is that in a forum like this, (or maybe even anywhere else), it is not possible to to sensibly skip over these deeper levels in the way you say without concentrating on the text to an extent that you are reading and interpreting them anyway.

I think that problem that people are having is the extreme number of levels that are appearing and at times some of the levels of nesting appear over the top, for example a pair of brackets which only hold one word are probably taking things to far ... i.e. how is [disabled {even}] clearer than just [even disabled]?, and also the repetition of the same explanatory sets of brackets within the same thread ... i.e. we know you named this system.

Soldato
I'm honestly not bothered by Angus' posting style. Granted, it's not the easiest thing in the world to read, but there are far worse around here.

Soldato
I cannot. (My explanation [which is wrong {apparently}] is that it is the same as "like" [albeit slightly higher on the scale {"scale" being that of "liking"}]).

Angus Higgins

Have you had any tests for any form of illness or mental problem? As there is obviously something wrong. What kind of person rates there friends with numbers? :confused:

Associate
If no one likes reading what you type in that format then that's got to be more of a hinderence than the ambiguity of content? Your last post sounded like it was coming from Data off of star trek :/

Soldato
OMG!

I love this guy, its always a good time when I see those brackets, although I did come into this thread expecting a maths thread (due to using brackets in maths[factorisation for example]) so perhaps you may wish to consider changing the name(of the bracket system[which you named])? I'm no good at it really...

PS Dont stop using those brackets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom