• Neutral

Votes: 103 26.0%
  • Somewhat dissatisfied

Votes: 79 19.9%
  • Very dissatisfied

Votes: 67 16.9%

• Total voters
Man of Honour
The solution isn't reducing the tax rate, it's closing the loopholes & simplifying the tax system so it isn't so open to "creative accounting".

which is what happening. Hole new raft of rules on stamp duty/capital gains tax. To stop the wealthy using envelope companies. As well as new plans to be announced latter in the year for reducing tax avoidance.

Permabanned
it is clearly a millionaires budget when you have a banker on £6m getting an extra £200,000 a year because of this, when families are losing out on tax credits worth £4k a year. They are probably better off not working, something the tories say they want to avoid, so total logic fail there then

Man of Honour
Might just be me but the house of commons seems quite an immature place considering how important the points at hand are.

I thought it sounded exactly what the big argument threads in here would sound like if spoken. Of course I never get involved in such things ;)

Soldato
BUt there would be less of the Jeremy Kyle generation refusing to work leading to more people in full time employment leading to more revenue raised through taxation and less expenditure on benefits.

The left are so delusional thinking labour managed the economy properly and use the global financial turmoil as a smoke screen for their incompetence.

Soldato
Not being funny, is the deputy speaker just some random clown they pulled in off the street of Barnsley or what?

"EY UP LAD IT AIRNT GOOD FOR THEEEEE HEALF"

I love it!

"I think your getting abit excited back there, I thin you need to calm down! It's not good for your health!"

Cracking bloke lol

Soldato
Businesses that can only exist because of subsidies? We're in this mess because we gave money out far too easily.

France went through an engery security review in the late 90's and sided with Nuclear as it's a sustainable power source that can be relied upto to provide energy. No green energy offers that security.

Nuclear isn't cheap, but nothing really is. The country will pay less for that energy when it's nuclear, don't forget we want to bring manufacturing back online in the UK and we'll need lots of power for it.

and a big plus is that we wont have to buy energy from france. so the money should stay in the UK. i bet it will be owned by foreign companies though... seems to be the way both govs work.

Soldato
No he doesn't. He just needs to come out with a set of actions that will sort out the economic mess and get Britain growing again. Instead, he just sits there and tries to win points without actually saying anything or offering any value.

this...

you're borrowing too much, spending too much, spending too little, not borrowing enough, too many tax cuts, too few tax cuts..

The unspeakable thing here is that if you're not going to cut to get the deficit down you need to spend to get growth going or inflate our way out of it. Labour absolutely will not explicitly say they'd borrow more so they're stuck on the sidelines shouting at pretty much everything.

Its exactly what happened to the conservatives for the blair years (and whilst I've been presented as a mail reading tory here I actually stopped voting for most of the blair years, ideallogically I didn't want to vote labour but I certainly didn't think the tories had any better plan) if you don't have a credible alternative you just end up looking silly.

Soldato
Milliband makes me rage, not least because his response if full if unpressional insults rather then making proper arguments about the things he find wrong with the budget.

Man of Honour
Large parts of the motoring industry are really struggling at the moment, less cars on the road puts 10,000's out of jobs.

Which is where we should be re-tooling certain amritsar into future opotunities. Coming back to EV, Green energy and the like.

At least the budget included lots of good things for enterprise, research, phamacuticals and the like.

Trouble is times change, what we need changes. You can't keep people in these jobs. But you should be helping the areas to change. Like the car manufacturing industry could have been used and retooled for other manufacturing. Rather than going to waste.

Soldato
37p, should have upped it by a £1

can you explain why?

fatties do far more damage to the NHS now than:

alcoholics, smokers and druggies all put together.

do you suggest all choccie bars should be £5?

most smokers will have paid enough tax to the NHS/gov over the years to easily pay for any future care they might need. can the same be said about booze and chocolate?

Soldato
it is clearly a millionaires budget when you have a banker on £6m getting an extra £200,000 a year because of this, when families are losing out on tax credits worth £4k a year. They are probably better off not working, something the tories say they want to avoid, so total logic fail there then

Ok so the banker on £6m earns an extra 200k.

What about the massive increase in people that will now pay the 45p? or does that void your point....Sorry ;)

Permabanned
BUt there would be less of the Jeremy Kyle generation refusing to work leading to more people in full time employment leading to more revenue raised through taxation and less expenditure on benefits.

The left are so delusional thinking labour managed the economy properly and use the global financial turmoil as a smoke screen for their incompetence.

the global financial BS is down to capitalism being full of total fail, the whole system is boom and bust, supporting a broken system is whats wrong

Back
Top Bottom