• Neutral

Votes: 103 26.0%
  • Somewhat dissatisfied

Votes: 79 19.9%
  • Very dissatisfied

Votes: 67 16.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
I was always skeptical about the 50p tax rate (ie really how beneficial or harmful it is), but if Osborne is right these skews are way higher than anyone anticipated. I need to see the report, but if my beermat maths are right it has cost us money over the last 2 years?

its already been proved that many high earning company owners just gave themselves massive dividends before it came in. so they didnt pay it.

Man of Honour
dont worry, they will still be able to avoid paying their dues. just like normal.

where is the help for anyone else? not there either...

So the new stamp duty, capital gains and latter in the year tax avoidance laws won't affect them?
Oh forgot change in allowances and caps as well.

And more families getting child benefits, higher personal allowance and a few other things. Doesn't help anyone else?

Soldato
I can't wait for Ed Balls to have his say, I need a reason to turn the TV off and go out.

I'm with the guy a few posts up, I consider myself working class, I do OK but I just don't trust labour at all. I like living in a system where I have a fighting chance of keeping more of my money if I earn more rather than have loads of my money taken off me in case something bad happens.

but you are being charged more now because of this.

surely if everyone is feeling the pinch the wealthy should take more of a burden than the rest.

i take it you are young and dont remember what a cracking job maggie's lot did before labour got in?

RDM

RDM

Soldato
Overall relatively uninspiring budget. Nothing much to get excited about, nothing much to get annoyed about. A major plus though is that it isn't Ed Balls delivering a budget! :D

Soldato
The Conservative party, interestingly, has been one of the working class more so than the equivalent Labour movement (remember the Primrose league?)

thats because a lot of working class sheeple read the sun and believe it to be a work of fact, not fiction.

conservatives have never set out to help the poor. its against everything they stand for. but i guess they need some plebs to work for their members

Soldato
but you are being charged more now because of this.

surely if everyone is feeling the pinch the wealthy should take more of a burden than the rest.

i take it you are young and dont remember what a cracking job maggie's lot did before labour got in?

how am I being charged more? The wealthy already take more of a burden, the amount I pay in higher rate tax shows that I'd suggest. Plus if I wanted to buy a house, chances are I'd be paying more stamp duty. I don't get ANY benefits of any description etc etc.

And no, I'm not that young actually, when I was younger and a lot more polarised in my opinions I was probably just about the only person in west yorkshire to vote conservative in 1997 :)

And for what it's worth I'm the product of a growing up in the 80s in Huddersfield which was pretty much on it's arse with an unemployed single mother and absent father which taught me everything I need to know about choosing to get off my arse and earn some money.

Permabanned
is it me or does scameron look like he's put on weight, he definitely looks fatter, I guess its all the wining and dining from private healthcare and millionaires

Back
Top Bottom