*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brand New Car - Can i use Snowfoam and Pressure Washer

Hi All
I picked up my new A1 one week ago and was thinking of washing this weekend using the autobrite snowfoam and pressure washer. Do you recommend this on a new car or should i just use a two bucket wash for the next few weeks without pressure washer and snowfoam..

Thank you..

Snowfoam first - it's only a prewash stage, then regular 2BM wash with a good mitt. The snowfoam will remove some of the dirt and make washing with the mitt easier and less likely to cause swirls/scratching.

Thanks i was concerned that the car is new so is the paint fully hardened , or does it require more time before pressure wash is applied..

Snowfoam first - it's only a prewash stage, then regular 2BM wash with a good mitt. The snowfoam will remove some of the dirt and make washing with the mitt easier and less likely to cause swirls/scratching.

Any help/advise here?

Hey Guys,

Ive got a couple of deapish scratchs on mine and the missus cars plus a tone of swirls and figured it was time to give them a polish properly and start to maintain them better.

I dont have a huge budget for this so say capped at £100 what can I get in terms of machine polisher which will last and compound pads.

Im pretty new to this so still reading up but was really impressed with this which one of my cars (clio) is suffering from hense me getting it sorted.

Any help/advise here?

You are going to struggle with £100 budget, what do you currently have in terms of cleaning products etc?

You needs a perfect clean, grit free car before you go anywhere near it with a machine polisher. So a good clay kit is essential, as well as the basics.

You'll want a snow foam product after to help prevent any future swirls developing, as well as using the 2 bucket method.

To top it all off, you will want a good quality wax to protect all your hard work when you are finished. All this cannot be had for under £100...

Thanks for your help :)

Currently I have a bucket a sponge and some cheap 2in1 wash and wax shampoo stuff. And some turtle wax

Oh dear!

First on the shopping list before you go buy a rotary are:

- Another bucket (grit guard optional but desirable)
- Microfibre/lambswool wash mitt (loose the sponge)
- AG shampoo are similar quality car shampoo
- Snow foam kit (you'll need a pressure washer too if you don't already have one)*
- Tar remover, Iron remover
- Clay bar kit
- Decent quality drying towel to reduce water streaks
- Wax

Then you may buy your rotary

*Snow foam is seen as optional, but I see it as necessary as a pre-wash routine, to help prevent swirl marks, and help maximise your wash mitt life expectancy :)

Keep in mind that when you buy a machine polisher you'll also need to 2 or 3 pads and and 2 or 3 polishing compounds.

I bought a DAS6 Pro for £100 plus 3 pads at £9 each and 2 polishes at £10 each.

Finally done it :D

vqoQB.jpg

Did laugh at the wet mirror finish code...

Already got gloves, wax app pads, megs NXT and SRP. Car comes on Friday... feel like a kid at Christmas!

Last edited:
:o

a12909121.jpg

Swearing in link.

Does anyone know how I would go about de-shining an 18 year old vinyl/leather wrapped dashboard? Pretty sure it has had some silicone based stuff used on it in the past by a car dealer.

Yes, get a sponge and some washing up liquid on it. Once done, get a microfibre cloth and put some Poorboys natural look dressing on it.

Snowfoamed my A1 today, then rinsed with pw and dried with large microfibre towel and applied collnite 845 on body and rims, first wash since the arrival 2 weeks ago. Noticed this evening a few dried water marks under the rear boot sill which i cleaned with the meguairs QD and microfibre.

pegerusy.jpg

will post the after results soon... :)

I spent the afternoon vacuuming and cleaning/washing down my interior but I don't know the best way to get my seats clean, and also there's scuffing and stains on my doors which I don't know how to remove or cover up. Any suggestions? It's an old 51 plate car now so i'm not expecting miracles but I'd like to be able to improve on it. The last picture shows the only cleaning products I have.

I'd get some AG Interior Shampoo combined with the AG Hi Tech Hand Pad. Go on Youtube and watch the official AG video for it. Works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom