*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone give me some really quick help.
Decided to bit the bullet and get some gear.

I have 2 buckets, Wash Mit, power washer (snow foam lance ordered), Microfiber cloths

Have this in my basket
Dodo Juice - Born Slippy 500ml
CleanYourCar - Fine PolyClay (200g)
CleanYourCar Huge 'Fluffy' Drying Towel.

Can anyone recommend a good value snowfoam, shampoo and wax? My Budget is 60-70 pounds?

Want to get my car winter ready but cant afford a polishing kit so is it ok to do

Snowfoam /Rinse/2b Hand wash/Clay/Wax ?

Also as noob friendly as it can be. Dont want to damage chrome/plastics/wheels

Last edited:
I'd get Bilt Hamber clay as it only needs water as a lube.

For shampoo Megs Gold Class is perfectly good and not too expensive.

Wax is kinda dependent on budget but given that winter's approaching i'd look at sealants as well like FK 1000p.

snowfoam magifoam is great and you can get it in small 500ml or 1 litre bottle from Autobritedirect, for shampoo Zymol Natural Car Wash 500ml only £6.99 from Halfords but foams really well and smells great ..... :)

Can anyone give me some really quick help.
Decided to bit the bullet and get some gear.

I have 2 buckets, Wash Mit, power washer (snow foam lance ordered), Microfiber cloths

Have this in my basket
Dodo Juice - Born Slippy 500ml
CleanYourCar - Fine PolyClay (200g)
CleanYourCar Huge 'Fluffy' Drying Towel.

Can anyone recommend a good value snowfoam, shampoo and wax? My Budget is 60-70 pounds?

Want to get my car winter ready but cant afford a polishing kit so is it ok to do

Snowfoam /Rinse/2b Hand wash/Clay/Wax ?

Also as noob friendly as it can be. Dont want to damage chrome/plastics/wheels

they where charging me 15 pounds postage :/

So my order from clean my car was
CleanYourCar Huge 'Fluffy' Drying Towel
Collinite 476S - Super Doublecoat Auto Wax
Valet Pro - Advanced Neutral Snow Foam (1000ml)
Foam Wax Applicator

I nip into halfords to get the shampoo
Bilt Hamber clay is ordered.

What should I get for tyres and rims? they have to wait till next month tho this stuff soon adds up

Last edited:
Can those clean your car foam wax applicator be used for polishing too or is a microfibre better?

I'm ordering SRP and collinite 476S and need applicators for both as well as a clay kit (Bilt Hamber) and a wash mitt.

Are there any other decent places to order from?

Last edited:
Spend today getting both cars ready for winter.

cars.jpg

Gave them both a maintenance wash [sic] and then protected with Collinite 746.

The MX-5 had some serious TLC back in July (see post #6029) so it didn't take much cleaning. The Blackfire Wet Ice Over Fire kit from Polished Bliss gives an incredible finish but it's not that durable. It was already starting to lose its beading and I wanted something that would survive the winter.

I haven't machine polished the Mondeo since buying it, but I did give it a decent clean a while back so it was in reasonable condition.

This is my first go with 746 so will be interesting to see how long it lasts. :)

I too need to clean my car in preperation for winter.
Has anyone used Carlack before?
Seen this on Clean Your Car: http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/complete-detailing-kits/collinite-476s-carlack-kit/prod_408.html

Thought I might give it a try. I need to buy another tub of 476 as what was left of my old tub had some bits of grit in it so I binned it not wanting to risk scratching the car. The Carlack included with the kit looks like it might be ideal for winter protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom