*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longer Hose for Karcher K Series

The current hose is only 6m and is a pain having to drag the unit closer to the car. Did anyone with a Karcher get a longer high pressure Hose ?

Thanks, i have the K4.99 which is 1900 watt motor and 130 Bar Max Pressure. The Cables i found through the official Karcher spares are replacement high pressure hoses. Just very expensive http://www.karcheroutlet.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=2165

You can buy extensions for them, but I guess you might get too high a pressure drop if its too long, depends what machine you have, if its the boggo £30 job, then it maybe a problem over long runs.

Heavy rain today, collinite 845 looks like it is working :)

ehebesy9.jpg

vy2e3e5e.jpg

Can anyone give a basic summary for what a beginner should start off with? I'm utterly baffled at 2 bucket wash, waxing, claying, towel drying, microfibre clother etc! lol

Am used to using a karcher and a dirty old mit and a bucket of soapy water! This all sounds rather involved! :o

1). Using Karcher Pressure Washer rinse car
2) Use 2 Bucket Method (Inc Grit Guards) to wash car: Select Suitable Shampoo (Ideally Ph Neutral)! DO NOT USE A Sponge ! Use a Lambswool Washmitt to Avoid Swirl Marks and Scratches
3) Use Karcher to Rinse off
4) Dry Bodywork with Extra Large Fluffy Drying Towel (If Possible use, 1 For: Lower Bodywork, Upper Bodywork, Windows).

Depending on Previous upkeep of the car you May need to:
- Claybar your Car to remove paint contaminants

5) Apply Wax, Wait to Haze and then Polish off with Microfibre

Can anyone give a basic summary for what a beginner should start off with? I'm utterly baffled at 2 bucket wash, waxing, claying, towel drying, microfibre clother etc! lol

Am used to using a karcher and a dirty old mit and a bucket of soapy water! This all sounds rather involved! :o

I need to buy a polish and wax for my silver e39. The car is pretty much immaculate, and I want to keep it that way. In the past I used Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Meguiars liquid gold class wax and was happy enough. However, I see a lot of recommendations for Collinite 476s and 845 which I'd be keen to try. My main aim is for durability.

All recommendations gladly accepted, only Meguiars, Autoglym and Mothers are easily available locally but I'm happy enough to order online.

Collinite 845 or 476, Best value for Durability. I applied the 845 on Saturday and with all the heavy rain i can just see the water bead off, If you read this thread you will see that with either Collinite you will see excellent results which will give you 6months or longer protection..

I need to buy a polish and wax for my silver e39. The car is pretty much immaculate, and I want to keep it that way. In the past I used Autoglym Super Resin Polish and Meguiars liquid gold class wax and was happy enough. However, I see a lot of recommendations for Collinite 476s and 845 which I'd be keen to try. My main aim is for durability.

All recommendations gladly accepted, only Meguiars, Autoglym and Mothers are easily available locally but I'm happy enough to order online.

Have to say the Collinite 476 is cool.

Two days after I wash car, 3 bird craps... 1 microfibre cloth and no liquid and it just wipes off like it had dried on a non-stick pan.

Regarding the 476, it wasn't hard to use:

1. DO NOT let it dry for more than 10 minutes, I wanted to commit suicide trying to get it off, it was painful.
2. Let it sit at room temp for a bit
3. Use a foam applicator pad (10cm ones are the exact size of the tin so perfect)
4. Buff off with a microfibre towel, you may need two depending on the size of your car and how much wax you apply

This is my silver car with WASH/CLAY/WASH/SRP/COLLINITE - http://i.imgur.com/5lRaf.jpg

Last edited:
845 is easier to apply just warm the bottle in a jug of hot water for around 10-15 before and shake well. i would say durability is just as good. Don't forget to use on the Rims too, makes them shine and easier to clean :)

Thanks for the replies. Are 845 and 476 fundamentally the same with the 845 easier to apply?

I notice I was doing a lot of things wrong :/ Sponge/Fairy liquid was my old method.

Slowly get the gear to do a proper wash from now on.

Does those complete wash and wax liquids offer any sort of protection? I know it would not be as good as a proper wash and wax but is it totally useless? Just until I can get all the gear together

Just ordered some new bits, collinite 476, bilberry wheel cleaner and poor boys wheel sealant. Expensive weekend!

Whilst I wait for my new stuff I tried out some odds and ends, 3M car wash is ok, nothing fantastic, their glass cleaner is awesome though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom