Wash with 3M Car Wash
2 layers of Collinite 476S
Wash wheels with Bilberry
Wash wheels again with washing up liquid
Seal wheels with Poorboys
Shine tyres with 3M tyre restorer
Clean window trims with 3M tyre restorer

All in all:

Machine polishing is boring! The DAS6 just didn't cut enough to get the results I wanted - it looks good, most of the swirls are gone but the scratches haven't - was my first attempt though
476S is an absolute pig to remove if left on too long
Bilberry seems to be no better than soapy water, won't waste my money again
I'm sorely in need of a front bumper respray!

I didn't bother claying, and this was probably a mistake, still some tar spots left after the polish.

:eek: New model? ;)

Also, clean!:
http://robbiekhan.co.uk/root/temp/5D3_0254.jpg[IMG]

That tight focus! Can't wait to shoot actually decent cars with this lens :p[/quote]

Mmmm that's a nice rear quarter, can't tell what the rest of the car is like but that rear quarter. Ooooff.

Some people seem to love it.

I sprayed it on at about 1:4 and it did nothing, then I used a brush and it cleaned well but no better than soap and water. But it just dried back on before I washed the wheels down meaning I had to soap them again.

:( My Clean your car order dint come before last weekend.

Gives it to dry up on Saturday and Sunday.

So I have a little extra cash should I nip to halfords to get Autoglym - Super Resin Polish?

products I have

Valet Pro Advanced Neutral Snow foam. (find this not very foamy but very good at the alloys)
Bilt Hammer Clay
Zymol Auto wash
476s Collinite

My Car btw is a Fiesta in Black

Last edited:
Very nice work, but budget tyres make me sad :(

lol yea they make me sad too but im an apprentice so i cant afford too much, tbh though they are really good tyres, im sure the more expensive ones are better but for £40 a wheel i cannot fault them.

also the car only has 54hp to throw at the wheels so its not like ive put them on an evo or somthing

Some people seem to love it.

I sprayed it on at about 1:4 and it did nothing, then I used a brush and it cleaned well but no better than soap and water. But it just dried back on before I washed the wheels down meaning I had to soap them again.

Did you let it sit on the wheels or just wash it straight off? I just tried the Bilberry at about 1:10 dilution and its excellent. My rear wheels were pretty much brown from road grime, front wheels a dark grey from brake dust. Gave them a liberal spray down with the Bilberry, then let it sit while I jet washed the bodywork. Came back to the wheels and rinsed them with the water jet and the results were pretty amazing. Took off pretty much all of the grime, even in the nooks and crannies.

There were still a few smudges of dirt on the face of the wheel, but I didn't touch the wheels at all as I was at the local jet wash and didn't want to hang around too long - I reckon a second clean down and a quick going over to agitate it with a wheel brush and it would be perfect.

Any tips for baked on brake dust?

Has my wheels refurbished 3-4 months back and have black speckles on them.

I've tried Valet Pro Bilberry diluted and neat. Also bought some wonder wheels from Halfords but doesn't seem to shift it.

I expect a clay bar would work but I don't want to be claying my wheels every few washes.

Any tips for baked on brake dust?

Has my wheels refurbished 3-4 months back and have black speckles on them.

I've tried Valet Pro Bilberry diluted and neat. Also bought some wonder wheels from Halfords but doesn't seem to shift it.

I expect a clay bar would work but I don't want to be claying my wheels every few washes.

So just clay it once and then use Poor Boys wheel sealer?

ugh Just finishing off my winter clean. Should I apply two thin layers of 476?

snowfoamed/Handwash/claybared/srp now am waxing :D

should have seen the dirt on the claybar :D 10 quid well spent

Last edited:
I went with one layer... worked fine. Just make sure you let it cure for a bit.

I put mine on quite thick, so I got a good white haze when it was drying, seems to be working a treat in the rain.

Some pics of my first go at a proper wash and wax.

snowfoam/2bucket/claybar/SRP/2 coats of 476s

Car looking a lot better. Been washing it for the past 6 months with a sponge and washing up liquid :(

Two pics with my phone.
photo.jpg

car1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom