*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clayed, polished with SRP and waxed with 845 (Very easy to buff off? Don't get the horror stories about people saying it sets like concrete).
20121021162927.jpg

The people who thinks it sets like concrete probably waited too long between applying and buffing. When I apply FK1000 I would apply 1 panel, then move to the next panel and apply that, go back to first panel to buff then buff the second one. If you put it on thick and waited until the whole car is applied before you buff then you are just making hard work of it.

The people who thinks it sets like concrete probably waited too long between applying and buffing. When I apply FK1000 I would apply 1 panel, then move to the next panel and apply that, go back to first panel to buff then buff the second one. If you put it on thick and waited until the whole car is applied before you buff then you are just making hard work of it.

Agreed, that's pretty much exactly how I do it with Dodo Juice

This is how I did it today. I have to say already, this stuff is going to be a lot more durable than Poorboys Nattys wax I used.

Zaino Z-10, Poorboys Natural dressing and some Dodojuice buff detailer ordered. Stuff has lasted me a full year! The Z-10 got used around the house too as it smells so damn good.

I wash over 20 Subaru's in 3.5-4.5 hours on Saturdays including a 522HP Impreza which they can't sell, sounds nice but its white so its seems to get dirty even when it hasn't been driven anywhere. I normally use a hosepipe bucket and sponge, but if one is very mucky it gets a diesel powered pressure wash on it.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=76435&page=32

a good read

seems like autoglym hd wax really is the one to go for. outlasted the collinite items

interesting read but I think the test is flawed.

2607086.jpg

when you look at the worst performers they are mostly on the bottom test area of the trailer i.e nearer the road surface. Extreme conditions are mentioned and perhaps had a harder life with road spray (especially from oncoming vehicles) compared to the waxes at the top of the test area. notice the waxes in the top area mostly came top in the test. I'm wondering how the 476s would have performed in the top test area.........of course we will never know.

Was the truck actually used during the test?

appears so according to page 27 of that thread

"We (Glyn and I) drove to the NEC last week from Manchester. We left Man, in horrid rain and so much road film when we arrived at Hilton services the windscreen had a definate 'shape cut into it from the wiper pattern'. The actaul paintwork however looked nowhere near as bbad as Glyn and I both expected."

Also not taking too much away from the chap who went to the effort of doing the test, but he had a conflict of interests...... being a Swissvax agent.

Ordered a variety of bits, CYC site seems to actually be quite pricey, cost most of it from eBay for slightly cheaper individual prices and free p&p.

Got a super spray bottle, Dodo juice born slippy, dodo juice clay bar, colinite 476, applicator pads, fluffy drying towel thingy. Just got to wait for some dry weather.

Decided it is time my exhausts and wheels get some loving too, they're getting jealous of all the polish and wax that's going on the bodywork!!

Going to get some autosol to polish up the exhaust tips, anything I should do before use other than just a normal wash? Also would this get a decent result after being used on alloy wheels or is that just a silly thought?

Looking good^^^

Am looking to wax car at weekend for the first time (colinite 476)

Temps however for my area are low... around 7 degrees

Will I have issues or best to leave to a warmer day?

cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom