*** The Car Cleaning Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think I need a clean...

A6TtflvCUAAVe43.jpg

Can someone recommend some good leather cleaning wipes?

I had some cheap ones from Wilko but they aren't much good - I like to keep a set in the glove box, we have a dog who occasionally gets paw marks on the seat if shes a bit muddy, I want something I can quickly wipe the seats down with.

Any recommendations for a decent seat of seat covers also appreciated :D

Fiesta looks good. Can you fit the revised front lights to it? They look much better imo.

Thanks first of all and yes, I could fit the facelift headlamps as many others have done but I prefer the cleaner looks of my standard ones.

Each to their own huh? ;)

Black wheels and road salt are ruining my life :(

I feel your pain, not with the black wheels but with the road salt. :mad:

Hey guys.

Now that I own a nice shiny car I want to keep it that way. Ive got a small list of items I plan to buy but Im unsure about what Polish Id need.

The paintwork on my car is pretty mint, with only a minor skuff/scratch on the rear quarter about an inch long, think it will polish out easily. It doesnt catch my fingernail when I run over it.

Can you recommend a polish to get my nice blue car looking mint before I wax it.

Ive got these in my basket right now..

Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Kit Car Cleaning Valeting Polishing Wax Polish
MEGUIARS Shampoo Plus 3.78 Litres (1 Gallon) / Car Wash
Collinite Marque D'Elegance Carnauba Paste Wax 915 / Microibre cloth + Pad
Meguiars Lambs Wool Wash Shampoo Mitt/Glove x 2

Thanks

Guys,

Are the Silverline rotary polishers any good for DIY Swirl removal? I've had/used/sold a DA before so i know what sort of work i need to put in.

I've seen the polishers with 2 or 3 different pads for around £50-£60, just wondering if the kit will be any good with decent cutting/finishing compounds?

The car is a solid red and swirls are REALLY noticeable in sunlight - before i had it i think its had a good few automatic car washes :(

i found out on sunday that my 3 month old lambswool/leather washmit has disintegrated! Perhaps keeping it outside and its stayed wet?

Can anyone recommend a replacement?

You got pads already? I got the 3M pads (green, blue and orange iirc) which were good. I use Gtechnics P1 also, which is a very, very good all purpose polish IMO. Used the cutting pad first, then, even though i didn't need really need to, refined it with the polishing/finishing pad. This was on hard paint, but apparently even on softer paints, P1 finishes well without leaving much in the way of buffer trails/hologramming, even before using a finishing pad.

EDIT: I just used the standard pad and it was very bouncy and uncontrollable at times. Apparently it is absolute crap, and a better backing plate would have stopped almost all of this.

Mine is just barebones, come with a wooly mitt and that's it so I can go out and get my own pads, backing plate etc. I'll look into the P1, would you recommend the 3m pads then?

It was £44 at Argos believe it or not, £43 direct from Silverline but £5 p&p with them, free collection from Argos :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom