Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just had the R's detail maintained.

It did have Gyeon coat when new (6 months ago) for long lasting protection. The top up consists of a coat of Bilt Hamber double speed wax and once cured a coat of Definitive wax Blueprint and deepening the blue with the natural caranuba wax.

IMG_1150_zps42upi3jw.jpg

IMG_1149_zps8x2fknku.jpg

IMG_0059_zpsqp6uqp41.jpg

IMG_0038_zpsxnhijh2v.jpg

IMG_1152_zpslr0k4yl4.jpg

IMG_1160_zpsc8u67guf.jpg

IMG_1154_zpsfwtyai8f.jpg

IMG_1155_zpsyutnt5rf.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Can I get some pointers on where to start purchasing some car cleaning products?

I've not cleaned a car for a very long time and hopefully have a nice car on it's way that I really want to keep tip top so want to get practicing now. Sadly, I don't really know where to start.

I've looked on the Autobrite website and would like to get a snowfoam lance but not sure what attachment to get - I have a Nilfisk C110.

Soldato
Can I get some pointers on where to start purchasing some car cleaning products?

I've not cleaned a car for a very long time and hopefully have a nice car on it's way that I really want to keep tip top so want to get practicing now. Sadly, I don't really know where to start.

I've looked on the Autobrite website and would like to get a snowfoam lance but not sure what attachment to get - I have a Nilfisk C110.

For general stuff, I'd recommend Slims to be honest :) I'm sure it's probably not allowed but I could refer you if you wish :)

Soldato

cleanyourcaruk is a decent website for car cleaning needs :)

personally, I suggest you watch some youtube videos say from carcleaningguru - https://www.youtube.com/user/CarCleaningGuru/videos

you'll get an idea what you need, for starters I'd go with the basics -;

prewash - snowfoam or any citrus etc prewash in a pressure bottle.
iron/tar remover if you feel like it
zap the wheels with some sonax or bilt hamber wheel cleaner
clay it
polish it
two bucket wash
then hit it with a wax on top of paint
black trim treatment
rubber care
glass cleaner

Man of Honour
Caught my shoes on the side skirts of my car a couple of times when getting in and there's a couple of rubber marks there now. One of them I've managed to peel off, but one I can't get off and don't want to scratch at it with my nail too much.

Any products I can use to get it off?

Sgarrista
Commissario
Caught my shoes on the side skirts of my car a couple of times when getting in and there's a couple of rubber marks there now. One of them I've managed to peel off, but one I can't get off and don't want to scratch at it with my nail too much.

Any products I can use to get it off?

Credit card + something as a lubrication, rapid detailer, car shampoo etc

Soldato
What's a good tar remover? A few small deposits need removing

Also I've stopped using BSD on the bonnet and roof now as it creates massive bubbles when it rains that turn into dust lol.

Just used a clay bar and detailing spray for the first time. Wow what a difference the paint is like glass.... Very happy although I'm now broken.....

Use a clay mitt instead :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom