Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Gents, just got myself a replacement pressure washer, nilfisk c110 7-5 at a good price but want a decent snow foam Lance this time as the marcher one was rubbish. Anyone recommend a good one? Can't really work out what fitting I need and it seems a bit of a minefield with this one!

Snow Foam Lance Nilfisk Connector with 500ml of Magifoam - By Autobrite Direct on Amazon.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Gents, just got myself a replacement pressure washer, nilfisk c110 7-5 at a good price but want a decent snow foam Lance this time as the marcher one was rubbish. Anyone recommend a good one? Can't really work out what fitting I need and it seems a bit of a minefield with this one!

Well you want a, shock horror, nilfisk connector :D Specifically the Nilfisk / Alto / Kew bayonet connector.

I suggest autobrite, support a local company who put effort into showing up for the members of the forum, or ebay if you feel cheap :D . https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/i...duty-foam-snow-foam-lance-magifoam-500ml.html

Soldato
Bilt Hamber auto wheel cleaner gets recommended a lot too. I got some a while back off the back of this thread and its impressive stuff. I can't comment on how it compares with other products, but sure as hell makes it easier to keep them shiny. Grovelling around scrubbing with a brush and mitt gets old fast and I'm not OCD enough to take the wheels off to do the job.

Soldato
Any recommendations on cleaning cream/champagne leather and plastic on my aged X-type?
The leather is old but not very cracked and the plastic seems to have general grime and possibly discoloration from ash.

for leather - did the steering wheel/stick + front seat squabs this weekend - works great for suites too.
AutoGlym stuff is just a greasy mess that never gets absorbed imhop

40442133620_262f839575_o_d.jpg

Man of Honour
Do you guys use a specific lube with clar bars, or will just a bit of shampoo mixed with water in a spray bottle suffice?

Having used shampoo vs. Autoglym Rapid Detailer I would go for Rapid Detailer every time now. The lubrication is about the same, but the Rapid Detailer lifts grime off much more easily such that a couple of light passes over the paint work removes everything.

Any thoughts on a good wheel cleaer spray? Acid free is possible.

Was going for the autoglym stuff, but thought I would ask in here first.

I find Bilberry to be very good. A few minutes left on and most of the grime just washes off. It is impressive stuff. I then use Autoglym Wheel Protector that leaves a brilliant shine and an easy to clean coating.

Soldato
Bilberry is great until it starts pulling off the lacquer.

Obviously it has nothing to do with the wheels being older nissan jobbies or my dilution skills :p

Associate
Another +1 for Bilberry. Does the job well enough and diluted it has lasted me absolutely ages! Gonna try Bilt Hamber next due to positive reviews and positive experience with other BH products

Soldato
Can you use bilberry to get rid of tar on your bodywork?

Alternatively is there anything I could use to clean car and wheels all in one? Something like iron x?

Soldato
Morning All,

Just also picked up a Nilfisk C110 (£58) on offer over at the rainforest and would appreciate some help if possible - dumb question time :)

- I assume the detergent bottle and the Snow Foam lance are different?
- Are the brushes worth it for cleaning cars? I've assumed no here

- Not related to cars, but related to the washer - I'm planning on using the C110 to clean my decking, would the 110 BAR be powerful enough? Or, should I go pick up the 150bar (2.2kw) washser from my local Aldi (£80)? I have found their own branded washer very well thought of online via reviews. Is there really that much difference in the power?

Thank you in advance :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom