The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

Soldato
are they on google or not? is google arrested?
Irrelevant. UKIC purposefully do not obfuscate images on Google for the very fact that is shows you have something to hide. Yet, walk up to any (most) military, intelligence, facilities and there will be clear signage that states taking photographs is an offence under the OSA.

Soldato
I once got stopped by the police - 3 cars, 2 traffic and 1 under cover.

The undercover stopped me after following me for around 2 miles, as I had been driving through a street were there had been a few burglaries.

They ran a check on my car and found it was registered in “Asian populated city”. So funnily enough, he gave that as a reason for stopping me as he had suspicions. The 2 traffic blocked me in front and back, and undercover at the side of a quiet road. Was it uncessary? Yes I think so.

I gave them my licence, remained sat in the car and let them do whatever checks they needed. The only thing they pulled me on were my side lights were a little blue for their liking, but they just asked me to change them.

After the above I just carried on and went home. My car may have had a marker (note sure) but I didn’t care.

I’ve never really had to deal with the police, but even after a firearms situation they were fine to deal with.

Sadly as mentioned above, if you have a car the sort you do, and look “somewhat” out of place in it then you’ll get the attention by the police in a “awkward” manner.

Friends have had it before in their cars, it’s not fair imo, but at least you’re fighting it.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I got pulled in Leicester in 2002 picking up my ex wife from a house party with some work colleagues. I was lost and turned around on an old disused garage as I recall late at night whilst trying to work out where I was.

I was in my first M3 but it was only weeks old and stood out like a saw thumb in the area back then. Blues and twos, tough questions but I did my best plumby voice and all was fine. Ended up getting directions from them. :cry:

Soldato
I once got stopped by the police - 3 cars, 2 traffic and 1 under cover.

The undercover stopped me after following me for around 2 miles, as I had been driving through a street were there had been a few burglaries.

They ran a check on my car and found it was registered in “Asian populated city”. So funnily enough, he gave that as a reason for stopping me as he had suspicions. The 2 traffic blocked me in front and back, and undercover at the side of a quiet road. Was it uncessary? Yes I think so.

I gave them my licence, remained sat in the car and let them do whatever checks they needed. The only thing they pulled me on were my side lights were a little blue for their liking, but they just asked me to change them.

After the above I just carried on and went home. My car may have had a marker (note sure) but I didn’t care.

I’ve never really had to deal with the police, but even after a firearms situation they were fine to deal with.

Sadly as mentioned above, if you have a car the sort you do, and look “somewhat” out of place in it then you’ll get the attention by the police in a “awkward” manner.

Friends have had it before in their cars, it’s not fair imo, but at least you’re fighting it.
Maybe if you had got out of the car and only replied "no comment" your outcome would have been different :D

Caporegime
Ultimately if they decide to pull you it’s for a multitude of reasons, not necessarily anything to do with the vehicle nor driver.

I was stopped a few years back by armed response whilst I was driving my Eddie Stobart articulated truck, I was under both the drink and speed limits, doing nothing wrong yet they still pulled me with all the backup a suspected gun toting terrorist would perhaps require….

I never got down to as to why, but didn’t lose sleep over it either….

Soldato
Ultimately if they decide to pull you it’s for a multitude of reasons, not necessarily anything to do with the vehicle nor driver.

I was stopped a few years back by armed response whilst I was driving my Eddie Stobart articulated truck, I was under both the drink and speed limits, doing nothing wrong yet they still pulled me with all the backup a suspected gun toting terrorist would perhaps require….

I never got down to as to why, but didn’t lose sleep over it either….

Did you ever consider creating a thread on a Internet forum for sympathy?

Soldato

I disagree with this sadly. The police do seem to stop the “stereotype” quite often.

Put me in a Lambo, fully legit, driving normally and I can guarantee I’d get stopped if was to drive by a police traffic officer.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
I just don’t understand the “sympathy/attention grab” nature of how this thread has gone.

Where have I ever asked for any sympathy?

And as per all my other car ownership threads, I keep people updated on the day to day of such ownership, servicing, events I do, interesting stuff that happens. Seems to be a recurring "issue" for you for some reason. Feel free not to follow them if they give you angst.

Soldato
Where have I ever asked for any sympathy?

And as per all my other car ownership threads, I keep people updated on the day to day of such ownership, servicing, events I do, interesting stuff that happens. Seems to be a recurring "issue" for you for some reason. Feel free not to follow them if they give you angst.

Where else will I read about a Lambo owner getting pulled over in Birmingham whilst doing nothing wrong? :p

Caporegime
I disagree with this sadly. The police do seem to stop the “stereotype” quite often.

Put me in a Lambo, fully legit, driving normally and I can guarantee I’d get stopped if was to drive by a police traffic officer.
Maybe I was a stereotypical trucker (whatever that may be…) I don’t know tbh, I ultimately got the feeling for whatever reason it was merely my turn that night…

As I’ve said before, I’ve been pulled for “excessively revving my engine” driving a fully loaded hgv up an incline, you kind of have to work the engine to make 44tons move but this particular muppet didn’t seem to fathom that…

Did you ever consider creating a thread on a Internet forum for sympathy?

No, but tbh I don’t think Kindai has either.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Lets be civil guys. I personally see no issue with the thread and think it's harsh to call it an attention grab.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
So renewed the warranty on the car today.

24 month policy, all the same bells and whistles as the previous one, same claim limits etc. £2500.

Its a no brainer really, 1 thing has to go wrong in the next 24 months or need replacing and its basically going to pay itself off.

Meanwhile, they want to sell my car, an indication they have a buyer lined up as they can get the money in my account within a week apparently. For £17000 more than I bought it for after ive stuck all those miles on.

I'm not going to lie, that is a bloody tempting proposition. But, realistically what im looking at has gone even more insane price wise, so it would be a sell it, buy a crappy runaround for 12-24 months and then hope prices come down and win both ways.

But.

Id rather be driving a lambo. So car is staying :D

Soldato
Yeah you say that now, the PoPo are going to put a marker on your car and are about to make your life hell, get a dashcam...

You could get rid of it now and then the new owner gets the grief instead...

Back
Top Bottom